IGNORED

My Sisterwife's Closet

Ex 2x2

Anyone looked at their facebook page? They are terrible at running this business. Apparently quite a bit of stuff is back ordered or out-of-stock, and some people are mad that they haven't been given refunds. (Their posts are deleted though.) There is a very preachy post on there from someone (I'm guessing Meri) telling people to not be critical. They do stuff like posting their new Valentines jewelry on the facebook page, and tons of people ask how much, and they don't respond. I'm shocked that anyone is buying this overpriced stuff, but apparently they are, or at least really wanting to, if the SW's could be bothered to respond. They've also posted pics of aprons, and people on there are begging to know how much, how to order, etc. They don't respond. There are FOUR of them, and plenty of able-bodied teens. Seriously no one can be in charge of giving out prices/ordering info?

I follow another business page on facebook, and the lady is constantly being asked the same questions...how much, how to order, etc. She patiently answers every single time. The SW's don't bother to answer once. Weird.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've also had several people asking if they could order a quilt like the one that was made for Logan. Again, no response. I'm seriously stunned that anyone wants any of this stuff, but they really really do, apparently. Their Christmas ornament sold out, and people are BEGGING them to get more so they can order. Supposedly the SW's will do a new ornament every year, and people are just so upset that they didn't get the first in the series. Now, I ask you, what are the chances that this website will still be around next Christmas, and if it is, that they'd actually follow through on a series?

I absolutely agree. I find it quite curious that the merchandise is in demand; then you add the apparent mismanagement of inventory and alleged appalling customer service, and I can't help but think that the website can't be around much longer.

They have the fugliest junk on their site. Maybe it's only other fundamentalist Mormons buying or the crazy super fans that these reality shows seem to attract.

I am a jewelry whore, and I would not even pay a dollar for their stuff. It's really ugly. I get fantastic jewelry at the flea market for a dollar or two

We may be sending out orders at 3 in the morning after a long week of interviewing on the couch so please be patient.

A long week of interviewing on the couch is not tedious work or a valid excuse when there are so many people in your household, even if it's for hours at a time. Like someone else said, there are five of them and a bunch of older kids, they don't have any real jobs, so surely at least one person could attend to their business if they take it that seriously. Since they're living in different homes and seemingly operate as separate units anyway, Meri, who only has one child, could do a lot of the work with the emails, ordering, etc. Or have a routine of someone watching the children, someone cleaning, someone cooking, someone on MSWC. Isn't that the point of sister wives? To help each other out?

I don't keep up with this bunch too much but from what I've seen when my mom is watching, they seem to have a lot of financial issues. One would think they would be bending over backwards to fulfill orders and keep their customers coming back for more.

Yeah I'm guessing it's the super fans who are ordering. They have their own leghumpers on the facebook page, and I think they feel like they are getting jewelry from famous people or something. Kody even has his own "line" now apparently, which as far as I can tell consists of one of the SW's charms on a leather-looking necklace. I don't see anywhere to order it, prices, etc.

Honestly, based on the people begging to order, this business apparently COULD work if they wouldn't be so lazy. Meri seems like she'd be organized, and she definitely has free bedrooms in her mcmansion. She could organize the merchandise, shipping materials, etc. They could pay the older teens to package and ship a few hours a week. They really do have the benefit of FIVE adults who do not work.

They are a whole other slow-motion train wreck. They are going to lose their McMansions.

The silly part is, TLC chose them, and they agreed to be filmed, to show how "normal" polygamist families can be. So I've learned that "normal" polygamist families are unstable, financially irresponsible, competitive women who orient their lives around a narcissistic man-child. Wearing jeans and eating fast food doesn't make up for that kind of crazy.

It's just ugly. How do they think they can support four families on this crap?

TLC is supporting them and giving them a platform for them to hawk their wares. If they can sell some of that marked up crap because of their "celebrity" they may as do it while the sun still shines. I think they're probably getting close to minute 12 of their allotted 15.

The Aprons:

BBbD3-OCEAA15zb.jpg

I can't help but notice the irony of the quote behind them :lol: . It's clear none of them are true friends, they lack that sisterly bond they advocate so much.

Holy Crap! I finally went to the website and talk about craptacular! My nieces could make better jewellery!

I'm honestly shocked how much they dropped the ball on this one. They had the opportunity to make $$ with their fanbase, but apparently of all 5 of them, NONE of them are capable of designing decent jewelry. Honestly, not only is their stuff ugly, it looks very childish. For example, the coloration of the butterflies on the apron just remind me of a little girl. Secondly, I think it's a terrible name for a business. Who really wants a sisterwife logo on something they where, even fundamentalist sisterwives aren't that open with their lifestyle.

Now they can't even fulfill their orders properly. What a joke. What are they doing all day? Christine and Robyn are the only ones with babies, so I don't understand why between the four of them they can't arrange childcare and/or work. It just goes to show how dysfunctional they really are.

Honestly, I could see their lifestyle working in their 3 apartment house, where the kids had free range to interact with the other moms. With the four separate house, it's just stupid, and essentially 4 single moms involved with the same guy :/

They had a stand set up at a our conventetion center during a women's event. Meri was the salesperson. She was out there talking to people and she left the booth area to try and get business. Robyn (surprised me) was the second most outgoing. I'm thinking because it was her idea and more her passion or maybe because she grew up here and still has high school friends. Robyn stayed around the booth. Christine and Robyn were dead weight literally. I do not think they were into it at all but they all had to show up per the ads. they were just sitting there and didn't want to interact. What is weird is so many didn't even care they were there. The idea of polygamy or sister wives jewelry did not match with the event. I knew several people that went and had no idea the sisterwives had a booth. I know several people that went just to see how Robyn was doing since high school and fame. No one I knew that went bought anything or consdered it. Why not bring Kody(i think he was there but left to go fishing or something manly when I was there) and having him running around like a nut, because it would bring people by.

The stuff was overpriced. I looked and if there had been some inexpensive cute fashion piece I might have bought something for the novelty of it. I'm normally frugal but I have a little collection of tv memeoriblia(my husband's go to suit I bought from prison break and my china is from the set of murder she wrote). I bought earrings from a Days of our lives star, bu they were $25 and handmade, a little more then I would pay for them in a store but why not?They were cute, quality and only about $7 overpriced. Plus if people ask I can talk abut my favorite soap & the star is now back on the show so they are no longer sold. I would not spend $80(I think that is what earrings cost) from the sisterwives. They were nothing special. Most of the stuff looked like the silver stuff on the Kohls special buy area. Maybe Kody and the gang need a lesson from Matt Rolloff about price points, he made alot of money selling $6 bottle of dirt from Roloff farms.

Silver spoons, that is so interesting! Christine seems so social. I'm surprised she wasn't enjoying it. I wonder if she's just unhappy in general or if this is just not her thing.

"My Sisterwife's Closet" sounds more like a more-upscale secondhand shop than an internet/craft show jewelry business. Maybe that's the route they should have taken-it's a better fit for the idea of having lots of awesome sister-wives to borrow style from.

Archived