IGNORED

My Sisterwife's Closet

Ex 2x2

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their stuff is so fugly. It looks cheaply made. What I don't get is all the teenagers they have, most of them seem to have some style. Did they not get the kids' input?

I'm a jewelry hound, too. Just went and looked at their site. Nothing there to write home about and overpriced, as well. Very plain pieces. You could get similar on Amazon for super cheap, probably. Nothing to see here . . .

Their stuff is so fugly. It looks cheaply made. What I don't get is all the teenagers they have, most of them seem to have some style. Did they not get the kids' input?

They even have the one daughter who wants to be a fashion designer. Perhaps she'd have some ideas?

Anyone looked at their facebook page? They are terrible at running this business. Apparently quite a bit of stuff is back ordered or out-of-stock, and some people are mad that they haven't been given refunds. (Their posts are deleted though.) There is a very preachy post on there from someone (I'm guessing Meri) telling people to not be critical. They do stuff like posting their new Valentines jewelry on the facebook page, and tons of people ask how much, and they don't respond. I'm shocked that anyone is buying this overpriced stuff, but apparently they are, or at least really wanting to, if the SW's could be bothered to respond. They've also posted pics of aprons, and people on there are begging to know how much, how to order, etc. They don't respond. There are FOUR of them, and plenty of able-bodied teens. Seriously no one can be in charge of giving out prices/ordering info?

I follow another business page on facebook, and the lady is constantly being asked the same questions...how much, how to order, etc. She patiently answers every single time. The SW's don't bother to answer once. Weird.

Further support for my belief that the entire MSWC is a tax avoidance scam. They obviously know nothing about running a business but it does not matter, losses will benefit them. Ugh.

Holy, they have over 25,000 likes on their Facebook page. I think you guys are right - if the pieces were more moderately priced, they might actually have a lucrative business here. For some unknown reason, people ARE interested in this stuff.

However, that plea that is made on their FB page is beyond pathetic:

"When you get on here to comment pretend the four of are standing right in front of you... We may be updating the website with a screaming toddler hanging on our legs so a word might be spelled wrong... Talk us like we are your friend who is trying to take on this huge endeavor of starting a brand new business..."

Criticism and critique are part of owning a small business - if you can't take the heat, stay outta the kitchen. Not everyone is going to treat you with kid gloves.

There are four adults. One of them could take care of the screaming toddler while the others updated.

I'm not a jewlery person, but that stuff is ugly. The apron looks like something I made at 4-H camp when I was 10.

That sounds like them. The one thing that most of them are quite proficient in is whining.

Silver spoons, that is so interesting! Christine seems so social. I'm surprised she wasn't enjoying it. I wonder if she's just unhappy in general or if this is just not her thing.

To me it seemed like it was Robyn's business and Meri was the sales person and Robyn was the designer. I think Robyn and Meri are very close and I think it is causing a rift. Funny when I watched the show I liked Janelle & Christine best and in person Meri was very nice. She would talk and take picture with anyone. She was nice to all the kids running around the moms(she has patience). The show always made me see Christine as the mom type, but in person it was all Meri. Meri & Robyn seemed more self confident with the crowd. Alot of the women at the event were these perfect modern modest LDS wives with wearing size 26 7's jeans with heels and a few layered tops and pretty long layered hair.

TLC has filmed around the area a few times and this is what I have seen each time. Janelle I do not think likes being filmed or being in public. I bet she does it for the money. When the do the MLM water presentation Kody is crazy. that man must have alot of energy or drink alot of energy drinks. Janelle talks more at the MLM events, I suspect it is because she is more a numbers /business person and feels more confident. They are a high pressure group when it comes the the MLM. I don't think Christine ever wanted to be in any sort of business. I think she thought she would be the youngest wife and be the mom. Christine has never had any job besides mom in her life,it must be hard to adjust(and my pet peeve, how did TLC showed Christine, who has never had a job, had bankrupcy in the past 2 years qualify for a new constuction loan in Vegas?? or any of them for that matter).

To me it seemed like it was Robyn's business and Meri was the sales person and Robyn was the designer. I think Robyn and Meri are very close and I think it is causing a rift. Funny when I watched the show I liked Janelle & Christine best and in person Meri was very nice. She would talk and take picture with anyone. She was nice to all the kids running around the moms(she has patience). The show always made me see Christine as the mom type, but in person it was all Meri. Meri & Robyn seemed more self confident with the crowd. Alot of the women at the event were these perfect modern modest LDS wives with wearing size 26 7's jeans with heels and a few layered tops and pretty long layered hair.

TLC has filmed around the area a few times and this is what I have seen each time. Janelle I do not think likes being filmed or being in public. I bet she does it for the money. When the do the MLM water presentation Kody is crazy. that man must have alot of energy or drink alot of energy drinks. Janelle talks more at the MLM events, I suspect it is because she is more a numbers /business person and feels more confident. They are a high pressure group when it comes the the MLM. I don't think Christine ever wanted to be in any sort of business. I think she thought she would be the youngest wife and be the mom. Christine has never had any job besides mom in her life,it must be hard to adjust(and my pet peeve, how did TLC showed Christine, who has never had a job, had bankrupcy in the past 2 years qualify for a new constuction loan in Vegas?? or any of them for that matter).

I think Christine's confidence took a nosedive with the induction of Robyn. And, Christine was supposedly the one who really didn't want to "go public" with their lifestyle, and who still expresses the most trepidation about it now (mentioning ad nauseum how her grandpa was imprisoned for his beliefs, etc.). I just wonder if that has anything to do with it? I may be whiteknighting for her a tiny bit since she's my favorite (term used loosely) in that family. Well, and Janelle of course.

Not gonna lie, I like one or two of the rings' styles, but yeah...the sister wife branding on them makes them useless for anyone except hardcore fans, actual sister wives, or people who like to wear, i dunno, ironic polygamy jewelry? Also, way overpriced.

• 2 weeks later...

My Sister Wife's Closet (I agree, it's a terrible name) was originally Robyn's brain child, and I really think the reason the gym idea got passed over was so that Kody could make her happy. That may have been why Janelle was so meh about it - because her baby (the gym), which was actually researched and possible as far as bringing in the cash, was essentially thrown away on a whim.

Not gonna lie, I like one or two of the rings' styles, but yeah...the sister wife branding on them makes them useless for anyone except hardcore fans, actual sister wives, or people who like to wear, i dunno, ironic polygamy jewelry? Also, way overpriced.

I do too, actually. And I don't dislike the V-day heart jewelry, but... what was there to design?

I might actually be willing to splurge, but dealing with those prices and terrible customer service would be too much of a headache.

• 4 weeks later...

Per their facebook page, Meri has designed a new piece. It looks pretty much like all the rest of them to me, but the fans of their page are going nuts over it.

They've also had several people asking if they could order a quilt like the one that was made for Logan. Again, no response. I'm seriously stunned that anyone wants any of this stuff, but they really really do, apparently. Their Christmas ornament sold out, and people are BEGGING them to get more so they can order. Supposedly the SW's will do a new ornament every year, and people are just so upset that they didn't get the first in the series. Now, I ask you, what are the chances that this website will still be around next Christmas, and if it is, that they'd actually follow through on a series?

Wow. The quilt made for Logan may be one of my favorite episodes. Here son, take with you in your efforts to escape to normalcy this tangible symbol of our family's utter weirdness. Also, we'll all be watching you, including your adorable little half brothers and sisters, should you decide to fornicate.

But if people want to order them, the SW should be tripping over each other making that mammon roll on in! Four households don't fund themselves.

A long week of interviewing on the couch is not tedious work or a valid excuse when there are so many people in your household, even if it's for hours at a time. Like someone else said, there are five of them and a bunch of older kids, they don't have any real jobs, so surely at least one person could attend to their business if they take it that seriously. Since they're living in different homes and seemingly operate as separate units anyway, Meri, who only has one child, could do a lot of the work with the emails, ordering, etc. Or have a routine of someone watching the children, someone cleaning, someone cooking, someone on MSWC. Isn't that the point of sister wives? To help each other out?

Uh-oh, you said "only one child". Meri is going to be crying into her wet bar for the next week.

They went into this without much business knowledge. Janell is the only one who has ever sold anything. Kody should have listened to the one wife that has business experience. He screwed the family when he made the call to go with a website that sells jewelry instead of a gym. They could have added on the website business after a few successful years of running a business. The entire family would have more experience by then.

I hope Janell gets a real job soon. I think she could do what she did in Utah. Organizing peoples pantries and helping them learn how to keep one. I think many people lack this skill. There is not a need to keep items on hand now. You can just go get it at the grocery store if you are out. On the other hand, its more economical to have these items on hand and buy them when they are on sale.

They went into this without much business knowledge. Janell is the only one who has ever sold anything. Kody should have listened to the one wife that has business experience. He screwed the family when he made the call to go with a website that sells jewelry instead of a gym. They could have added on the website business after a few successful years of running a business. The entire family would have more experience by then.

I hope Janell gets a real job soon. I think she could do what she did in Utah. Organizing peoples pantries and helping them learn how to keep one. I think many people lack this skill. There is not a need to keep items on hand now. You can just go get it at the grocery store if you are out. On the other hand, its more economical to have these items on hand and buy them when they are on sale.

As much as I'd love to have this skill, as a low-income person, I am much more likely to just read an Internet article or buy a book about it, and I bet a lot of low-income people share that sentiment. And we are really the ones who need this skill! I doubt many middle class folks would pay for it either right now since there has been an environment of "cut back!" for the past four years or so. So that leaves wealthy folks who may not care about keeping an organized pantry.

...What I'm trying to say is that it's probably not a high-demand skill right now. (And hey, I study literature, so no judgment. :lol:)

Is that what Janelle did? For some reason I thought she worked in an office at a University.

She had some sort of home organizer business but her main work was for the state in some sort of numbers related job in the public assistance realm.

Janelle had two jobs in UT. In addition to the panty organization business she also worked for the state, something to do with taxes or accounting IIRC.

I think Janelle worked for the state in benefits. The pantry organization side business was for the Mormon storage thing for their year or more of supplies that they are supposed to keep onhand.

Are they still using the excuse that they're "still new!!" and asking people to be kind while they learn the ropes? I'm sorry, but if you're going to start a new business, you should try to gain as much knowledge of the industry and process before you go launching some website.

I wondered how their business was doing, they just don't seem like hardworkers to me. Well, I take that back, Janelle used to seem like a hardworker and now she just seems lost.

It's just another example of TLC making a family look like something they aren't, ex: Kate Gosselin, the duggars and the roloffs

Running a business is hard work and internet businesses are even harder. it's a baby that is cemented to a sidewalk or a virtual sidewalk. Most small business fail in the first few years. the reasons often are poor business sense, lack of funding, personal use of business funds, poor inventory control, poor credit management, competition, and on and on. you have to turn a profit within a few years or else the IRS will call it a hobby.

Archived