IGNORED

Calvinists and Catholics: Fight!

clarinetpower

It all starts on a pro life FB page. Then the Calvinists start baiting the Catholics. https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 5711376046

The Catholics reply.

patheos.com/blogs/thecrescat/2013/01/abolish-human-abortion-crazy-jack-chick-scary-anti-catholic.html

The Calvinists have word diarrhea. THIS IS THE BEST PART YOU GUYS.

blog.abolishhumanabortion.com/2013/01/an-open-letter-to-pro-life-roman.html

The Catholics reply.

phatmass.com/phorum/topic/126510-abolish-human-abortion-is-virulently-anti-catholic/

And reply.

patheos.com/blogs/thecrescat/2013/01/where-i-take-far-too-much-delight-in-responding-to-the-anti-catholic-group-abolish-human-abortion.html

And reply.

a-star-of-hope.blogspot.com/2013/01/abolish-human-abortion-and-anti.html

Then the Calvinists come to play in the comment section.

a-star-of-hope.blogspot.com/2013/01/abolish-human-abortion-and-anti.html

It's not the Sharks and the Jets, but it's pretty close. FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

Now I believe the Calvinist is sitting in her hidey hole cursing the stupid Catholics, and the Catholics are sitting in their lofty perches cursing the stupid Calvinist.

Sigh. I was hoping for at least one musical number.

*insert thumbs up smiley here*

Yeah, I love it. Both sides are expending vast amount of energy arguing things that won't get them anywhere. I have had arguments with fundie Catholics who just can't understand why their vast amounts of "evidence" don't convince me that they are right. Then they stomp off in a huff anyway.

Nice way to show Christ's love, that. :roll:

I miss the rest of the smileys. Anyone have a list of the codes handy?

Calvinists are their own special brand of fanatics. I'm sure that there are many kind, compassionate followers of John Calvin but the ones that I come across online seem to be judgmental and super impressed with their own intelligence. After reading threads on Catholic Answers where Calvinists and Catholics tear into each other-each side using bible verses to prove their point- I came to the conclusion that the bible contradicts itself concerning salvation.

By the way, it is interesting how many times both Catholics and Calvinists are actually agreeing with one another but don't realize it because they use words in different ways. Catholics believe that they are saved by grace just like Calvinists. Their differences aren't really that great but my goodness, they can tear into one another.

I'm sure that there are many kind, compassionate followers of John Calvin but the ones that I come across online seem to be judgmental and super impressed with their own intelligence.

Yeah. It's sort of the spiritual version of the internet lolbertarian.

And they will know we are Christians by our love, by our love.

Since I don't have access to the full range of smileys, I will just say that you are my favorite person on the internet today, NurseNell.

It is always my favorite when two different types of fundamentalists fight. There is never going to be a solution because both sides are always "right." You know, I have read so many things from calvinists and every time their theology comes off as cruel but I don't think they can help that. When people are predestined to hell their isn't much reassurance in that. I think the Catholic position makes much more sense.

With Calvinists it is: "get yourselves together! God is going to get mad! But remember that doesn't mean God is going to accept you!"

With Catholics it is: "get yourselves together! God is going to get mad! If you are good God might accept you, after purgatory that is!"

At least that is how I see it. Haha way for oversimplified theology.

A little tangential, but I'm so annoyed with the "We were the first and original Christians!!!" meme among fundie Catholics. Not exactly a nuanced view of the history - I think the Eastern Orthodox Christians I know would have something to say about that. But then again, I'm continuously surprised at how few American Christians even know WTF I'm talking about when I refer to "big-O Orthodox Christianity".

Archived