IGNORED

Virgin Diaries' Lindsey Isham married.

BlondeAgent007

Wanted to see what was going on with the 33 year old virgin. Anybody remember her? The one who had to work out to exhaustion so she could fall asleep because she was so sexually frustrated and turned on all the time? Turns out, she's not a virgin anymore! Her wedding photos were posted Dec 26th on her facebook site.

http://www.facebook.com/lindsey.isham

I will be anxiously awaiting what she has to say about life after sex. Somehow I have a feeling that she might be slightly disappointed. I feel like she has built it up to such a level that if it wasn't exactly how she imagined it, it would be a little hard to take.

Don't get me wrong, sex is fun. But it seems to be the only thing on this girl's mind. She also wrote books and spoke at seminars about waiting till marriage. I tried to find more information about the marriage but so far I haven't found anything worthwhile.

Wanted to see what was going on with the 33 year old virgin. Anybody remember her? The one who had to work out to exhaustion so she could fall asleep because she was so sexually frustrated and turned on all the time? Turns out, she's not a virgin anymore! Her wedding photos were posted Dec 26th on her facebook site.

So she couldn't just rub one out? Sheesh.

For the majority of my life (and still today) I have been the center of bets and jokes simply because I am a virgin. Here’s the thing, I know exactly what I am “missing out on†by waiting. I know the kind of sex girls have with their boyfriends, and I know that I don’t want to have that kind of sex.

what is that kind of sex, exactly?

She mentions "godly" sex with a spouse but doesn't really make any differentiation other than couples having "godly" sex must be married...

I don't think in the special she mentions masturbation. I would think she doesn't though. Isn't Godly enough I suspect.

If I could stomach her long enough, I think I'd read that book, just to see how she elaborates about godly sex.

I don't think in the special she mentions masturbation. I would think she doesn't though. Isn't Godly enough I suspect.

If she does masturbate, in that kind of culture it would be way too shameful to bring it up. To hear some people (absolutely refuse to) talk about it, it's even more shameful to these people than premarital sex in the first place.*

*shameful for them, not shameful on Planet Real World.

Wonder if her fireworks went off with a bang or if they fizzled?

ETA: :P hoping the emoticon will work for me this time.

what is that kind of sex, exactly?

She mentions "godly" sex with a spouse but doesn't really make any differentiation other than couples having "godly" sex must be married...

Oh yes, 33 y/o virgin, please tell me what kind of yucky sex I'm having with my monogamous bf of 5 years, and why your undoubtedly awkward as fuck wedding night was so much better. :snooty: :doh:

Wonder if her fireworks went off with a bang or if they fizzled?

ETA: :P hoping the emoticon will work for me this time.

According to his FB page, her husband is a widowed, single father of two. Her wedding night may have been pretty damn good. If so, she will be misleading her followers, preaching the gospel of "perfect sex" that comes only from waiting (she seems to be an author/speaker spreading the virginity word to the masses.)

If I could stomach her long enough, I think I'd read that book, just to see how she elaborates about godly sex.

On a Penn and Teller episode, they interviewed a bunch of older virgins if they masturbate. Most of them spout off some hooey about how they wanted to save all sexual feelings for their spouse. Only one responded differently, a man who replied, "YES! If it weren't for that, I would throw myself off a bridge!"

On a Penn and Teller episode, they interviewed a bunch of older virgins if they masturbate. Most of them spout off some hooey about how they wanted to save all sexual feelings for their spouse. Only one responded differently, a man who replied, "YES! If it weren't for that, I would throw myself off a bridge!"

;) :D :D

At least he was honest. I read the Duggar book and Michelle *touched* on this subject. She wrote something like they discourage it to encourage control and discipline in their children. Maybe that's one reason they house their kids in dormitories instead of bedrooms. You can't tell me that all these kids have that kind of self control. I just aint buying it. Some of them have to be a little normal damn it. :

;) :D :D

At least he was honest. I read the Duggar book and Michelle *touched* on this subject. She wrote something like they discourage it to encourage control and discipline in their children. Maybe that's one reason they house their kids in dormitories instead of bedrooms. You can't tell me that all these kids have that kind of self control. I just aint buying it. Some of them have to be a little normal damn it. :

Thats probably an alternate use for the prayer closet. Or the bathroom (surely they let them close the door to have a poop?), or in the shower or bath, or under the covers while their siblings are all asleep....if a teenager had no arms they would still find a way to masturbate.

I would really love to know why these people who have never had sex seem to be such experts on it.

Bingo.

She doesn't even have the opportunity to get info from friends with lots of experience, aka ungodly sluts.

I'm not married, but I suspect that married sex can be bad, just as random sex, partner sex, or any other sex can be good or bad, depending. A marriage license doesn't automatically confer sexual bliss, because if it did, I bet a lot more people would be getting married a lot more quickly.

Thats probably an alternate use for the prayer closet. Or the bathroom (surely they let them close the door to have a poop?), or in the shower or bath, or under the covers while their siblings are all asleep....if a teenager had no arms they would still find a way to masturbate.

Actually, unlike some families (like Razing Ruth's), the Duggars are very insistent about bathroom doors being not just shut but locked behind everyone except the smallest of toilet-training children (although even they have to shut the door behind them) in order to prevent anyone being walked in on. This is in their first book.

Actually, unlike some families (like Razing Ruth's), the Duggars are very insistent about bathroom doors being not just shut but locked behind everyone except the smallest of toilet-training children (although even they have to shut the door behind them) in order to prevent anyone being walked in on. This is in their first book.

The fact that this is so important to the Duggars is scary. They're scared about SIBLINGS accidentally walking in on each other TAKING A SHIT? I've only walked in on 3 people in my life. After the shock and embarrassment, it's surprisingly easy for the intruder to remember to knock. If somebody seriously enjoys doing it, it's either a.) an immature joke or b.) that person needs some serious help. Like, seriously now....

I completely agree. It's like they think that if one of the boys sees their sister's lady bits they'll lose all control and if one of the girls sees some brotherly peen she'll turn into a raging slut (ironic since most of the girls have changed many a brother's diaper). Very disturbing. But definitely better than a 5 minute rule or an open door policy.

I keep thinking about the Seinfeld episode when I read this thread.

Oh my GOD! I had totally forgotten that, your're right. And now that I've coughed up a lung (bad cold), thank you :D

For the majority of my life (and still today) I have been the center of bets and jokes simply because I am a virgin. Here’s the thing, I know exactly what I am “missing out on†by waiting. I know the kind of sex girls have with their boyfriends, and I know that I don’t want to have that kind of sex.

If she was the butt of jokes for being a virgin, I feel bad for her. It's like slut-shaming in reverse. But, no, she doesn't know what she's missing out on. She's also engaging in some slut-shaming of her own. Hypocrite much?

If she was the butt of jokes for being a virgin, I feel bad for her. It's like slut-shaming in reverse. But, no, she doesn't know what she's missing out on. She's also engaging in some slut-shaming of her own. Hypocrite much?

Well, I made jokes at her expense because she's obnoxious. I don't care who or what she shags.

Well, I made jokes at her expense because she's obnoxious. I don't care who or what she shags.

She's only the butt of jokes because she goes out of her way to let everybody know she's a virgin. I don't go around spouting on about my sex life. I'm sure most people don't assume she is a virgin. I don't talk about sex all the time. I don't know many people that do. It seems to be all this chick ever thinks about, considering all the speaking/book writing/reality tving/working out.

Thats better than insisting the door is open so people know they arent masturbating. I found that even worse, as people need privacy to use the bathroom, and I dont think I could cope with an open door policy as I cant even pee while the cat is watching. Locking the door seems more normal than expecting the door to be open-although I dont really like the idea of a small child being able to go into the bathroom and lock themselves in. I find it weirder if people let their toddlers have a poop on the potty while sitting in front of the tv.

It also gives the kids a bit of privacy, which I think the average kid from a large family desperately needs, especially if they share a bedroom.

She's only the butt of jokes because she goes out of her way to let everybody know she's a virgin.
Pretty much.

Love her pic on Facebook: she looks like a space cadet, and her new husband is wearing an expression of "Yeah, she's cute, but WTF have I gotten into?"

Oh, and, for the record, over the forty past years, I have had crappy marital sex, mindblowing marital sex, crappy non-marital sex, and mindblowing non-marital sex (with various characters, good, bad, and indifferent).

One thing I wish I'd understood as a very young woman who went into marriage a Certified Italian-Catholic Virgin: how important it is to feel actual sexual attraction to one's prospective mate. And something I wish to God I'd known later on: that really great sex can dissuade one from getting the hell out of a lousy, emotionally dangerous marriage.

Archived