IGNORED

WHAT are the seven sisters prattling on about?

HoneyBunny

Seating positions in the van for the upcoming family trip to Florida (get ready to be defrauded by another photo of Momma Seven Sisters in workout clothes). Complete with a seating chart. Really.

I...wait...what? "We must be Elsie Dinsmore's children"? WTF are these chicks talking about!?!?!?! I almost never read them, they amazingly poorly written.

They took so much time and energy to make that seating chart! And they made a DIFFERENT one for the return journey! And then it seemed interesting enough to write a blog post about, really? I guess those are the kind of things that you need to fill your life with when you're an adult woman still living at home like a child and not pursuing a career or higher education. Sigh.

They remind me a bit of badly written children's books. Where every moment of the day fills an entire chapter. And you want to die before the book ends.

Cassia had to ask her "mommy" if she could have rice krispie treets? I was thinking she was 4, but then I saw a picture of her studying a driver's manual...

Cassia had to ask her "mommy" if she could have rice krispie treets? I was thinking she was 4, but then I saw a picture of her studying a driver's manual...

They all act like 4 year olds, even though the eldest must be 26 now.

They remind me a bit of badly written children's books. Where every moment of the day fills an entire chapter. And you want to die before the book ends.

The Moodys? :)

The Moodys? :)

I was just thinking that... heh. Now I want to obtain a copy of the book so I can edit the grammar... and spice it up... and make it a bit more interesting... and realistic... and more interesting... and normalize the dialogue and... did I mention I'd make it more interesting?

I dunno, perhaps I was in an odd mood when I read the blog post, but I thought it was relatively amusing (in a good way). I think that maybe if the poster was allowed to go off and study writing properly, she could become a decent comic writer.

How much more certification can Mommy need? Must be nice Mommy gets a week away from her kids while Daddy takes the girls to the beach(yes, they have frumper swimwear) or to super exciting places like to get 1 sub they all split(this happened I think when they were in Boston, 1 12 inch sub for everyone to try :/)

I dunno, perhaps I was in an odd mood when I read the blog post, but I thought it was relatively amusing (in a good way). I think that maybe if the poster was allowed to go off and study writing properly, she could become a decent comic writer.

I do see what you're saying; the post might have been amusing had it been written by a much younger girl, or by a girl who was clearly poking fun at herself and her sisters. Unfortunately, I think she was describing a real event, and doesn't see the potential humor in young women their ages being "Elsie's" children.

the older post about the birthday cake: it makes me sad that she's interested in science, the emergency medical services, etc and won't pursue those, instead she's at home all day waiting around, what a waste

Is Elsie Dinsmore a fundie book?

Yes, they are definitely fundie. I read one. I found it in the library. A more disgusting, racist, squicky book I have never read, chock full of fundie christian sanctimonious drivel. But that's just me.

They all act like 4 year olds, even though the eldest must be 26 now.

Oh it's horrible. So weird. And sad. They design their bedrooms in Grandma Chic.

Yes, they are definitely fundie. I read one. I found it in the library. A more disgusting, racist, squicky book I have never read, chock full of fundie christian sanctimonious drivel. But that's just me.

They are fundie. And squicky. I'm drawn to them like a trainwreck.

A lot of them are available for free on Amazon for Kindle or on Project Gutenberg, if you simply cannot resist.

Anyone see the Video they posted, kinda funny but like the seven sisters; kinda corny and just didn't go anywhere...

Anyone see the Video they posted, kinda funny but like the seven sisters; kinda corny and just didn't go anywhere...

2 minutes in and I'm already falling asleep.

ETA: picked the ending about 5 seconds in. :roll: Where was the bit where we were meant to laugh really hard?

Sarah posts stories like this on the Maxwell blog too. Like Teri and the cheese paper. They're so isolated that they can't seem to grasp the concept of "you had to be there".

Archived