IGNORED

Misogynistic BS from my fundies

FundiesInMyFamily

Sorry if this is a bit of a rant !!!!

My fundies have been here all week. The 1st and 3rd oldest (boys) are 15 and 16 and have just graduated from the SODRT. To my surpirse and delight, both have taken the SAT's and both did exceedingly well, and are planning to go to community college and on to college. I was really excited to hear this, their mom is super smart and has a degree and I know she's homeschooled them well. Here's the caviat - My stepmom asked about the 2nd oldest, a girl, and dad smiles and says "oh no she doesn't need to take the SAT's, she doesn't want to go to college". Now she is 15 and smart as a whip, but is obviously "keeping sweet" and it kills me. My stepmom (their grandma) cries because she knows they're going to marry her off at 18 so she can have her own quiver of craziness. Unfortunately I don't see any of the older ones breaking free, they're all knee deep in the koolaide. I just think its sad when people have no choices in their own lives.

Thanks for letting me bitch about it. I really wanna do somthing not so nice to their 'patriarch'.

I'm so sorry. That just makes me sad. I still remember riding in the car with my mom when I was about 18 and her turning to ask me, "So, do you really want to go to college? You don't have to do it, you know." Even so, my fundie parents did give me the choice to go(and to a secular school, no less!). I have to give credit for that. I hope your relatives come around and this girl at least gets a chance to use her gifts.

You have so much more restraint than I do. I would have started an inquisition.

You have so much more restraint than I do. I would have started an inquisition.

That's my biggest problem, restraint - My stepmom loves her daughter and grandchildren more than life itself and her biggest fear is that he commands them to stop all contact, so for her sake we all smile and say absolutely nothing. It is so sad to see everytime they visit, but we kiss his ass so that my stepmom can stay in her grandchildren's lives. If I had the chance I would unleash a whole lotta feminist athiest whoopass on his ugly bully ass.

Archived