IGNORED

Pictures! Of Absurdity! - Staddon Wedding

demgirl

picasaweb.google.com/jamesstaddon/RobertSWedding?feat=directlink#5621063541401884338

Go on. You know you want to click it. You want to see some truly awfully taken pictures of the Staddon/Kowalchuck wedding. You want to be amazed by the reception in a gymnasium and the doilies type things on the wedding cake. You want to bask in the endless pictures of the Staddon men and the almost non-existent pictures of the bride's family, friends and wedding party. You want to relive the WTF moments of the whole WTF wedding. You know you do. Do it, do it, do it. Click, click, click! And then come back and snark b/c it's no fun me doing it alone in my head.

Too many pics of the guys...James defrauds me for some reason. It looked liked at least there was some fun and joy.

Agreed that it looks a lot more fun than that Botkin shambles. At least some fundies have fun at their receptions. :geek:

Meh.There isn't that much for me to snark at- the cake would have been rather charming minus the red roses, I appreciate good 3D fondant work. The bagpiper looks like he is about to bust himself a hernia-typical for someone who just took up the instrument. The dress is totally fundie, but it also is so far back in fashion that my first thought was that it might have been her mother or grandmother's which is sweet. Bridesmaid dresses look like your typical David's schlock.

I actually liked some of the getting ready pictures. I liked the little bridesmaid in the background with the "bitch please" look. The crocheted football is so tasteless that I want one.

Wait, is this Bill Gothard:

picasaweb.google.com/jamesstaddon/RobertSWedding?feat=directlink#5622220417787461138

I can't get past her hair. I know not everyone can do it, but for the LOVE OF GOD hire someone who can.

/shallow rant

ouch. oh, that blue just hurts my FEELINGS!

picasaweb.google.com/jamesstaddon/RobertSWedding?feat=directlink#5621063621825961074

i agree, wayyyy too many pictures of the guys. and too much goofy posed shots.

Guest Anonymous

The groom gets a sartorial fail. In general, no one looks good in tails unless the name is Fred Astaire, and tails should be worn with a bow tie. It looks like he put on a business suit and grabbed the wrong jacket. At least the bridal couple looked happy.

Her dress is really something! Wow! But what's up with those horrible shirts on the guys?? Ick! Glad we finally get to see some photos. Helpful too that they gave us their license plate number! Note to Staddons: blur that out next time!

Wow! MR Bill himself was there! Of course the precious couple DO work at HQ.....

I can't get past her hair. I know not everyone can do it, but for the LOVE OF GOD hire someone who can.

/shallow rant

EXACTLY! It looks like she just got out of bed and put a bow in it and finish...

You could get the impression that this is a gay wedding after all these pictures of the boys. And whats going on with all that funny faces? NOT funny, just silly!

I actually really like her dress; it fits well and the top/neckline is flattering. If it had been me, though, I would have had a seamstress change the sleeves - I think it would have looked better if the cuffs had been removed and the sleeves narrowed to a more modern shape, and then cut off right below the 3rd embellishment. But, that's just me :)

They also look happy and comfortable with each other, which is good!

Wait, is this Bill Gothard:

picasaweb.google.com/jamesstaddon/RobertSWedding?feat=directlink#5622220417787461138

Yes. Goddard was there. Or, he got there eventually. He was late and preached to the guests after the wedding was over.

It was so obviously a Staddon show with the bride and her family being merely supporting players. e was only allowing her authority to be transferred, her now husband was finally gaining authority over someone.

Ugh the hair. And yes, that is definitely Bill Gothard (picture #25). But I agree with the rest, they do look comfortable together and her dress was vintage-y, I approve of that.

Thank you for mentioning that her dress was nice! I was too afraid to admit that ;)

and yes, they really do look happy and comfortable with each other and I already had that thought when I saw their engagement pics in which they were hugging each other!! Quite defrauding in fundieland!

So teal/aqua is the new "in" color in the fundy world? These guys and Zack and of Zack all wearing the same color makes me think they must get an e-mail of what color to wear.

God thinks if it's ok to get a French manicure, it's ok to put on some make up when you get married. She looked like she rolled out of bed and fell into some sort of 1970's Rhoda dress.

They aren't too bad, I mean they actually hugged and held hands before the got married...and they do look happy and in love too.

Her hair looked awful and like she was out in the wind right before the wedding.

Robert reminds me of Mick Jagger...

God thinks if it's ok to get a French manicure, it's ok to put on some make up when you get married. She looked like she rolled out of bed and fell into some sort of 1970's Rhoda dress.

Yeah, I think she looked much more lovely in her casual/engagement photos. What is up with her hair? Even Lydia Botkin had pretty hair (but Anna Sofia did it, so I'm not surprised.)

It may just be there aren't many pictures of the brides family because the groom's family took and posted the pictures! I don't see anything wrong with that.

It does worry me that she didn't want to marry him but eventually agreed with her Dad that he was 'the one' ...right....like she had a choice? Still, it's how they were raised so expect they'll be happy in their way.....

I actually really like her dress; it fits well and the top/neckline is flattering. If it had been me, though, I would have had a seamstress change the sleeves - I think it would have looked better if the cuffs had been removed and the sleeves narrowed to a more modern shape, and then cut off right below the 3rd embellishment. But, that's just me :)

They also look happy and comfortable with each other, which is good!

Just have to chime in that the dress is lovely! It has some personality, as opposed to most of the modest wedding gowns we see. I don't know what I would have done with the sleeves... Maybe made the cuff more narrow? All in all, she really looked pretty.

And the comment about it being gay wedding due to all the guy photos made me spew diet A&W on my screen I think rather all the men photos are a comment on patriarchy as a whole. For most people, the wedding day has traditionally focused on the bride has and generally just made her the center of attention. But of course this will never be.

I think her dress is kind of awful. The bodice and neckline are quite nice, but not amazingly well-fitted. The puffy sleeves don't really seem to go with the style, and that weird train/underskirt thing is channeling Little Bo Peep. It looks ok when posed, but you can tell she can't walk around with it. I think if you got some more fitted sleeves and cut off the ruffles on the bottom it would look better. Plus the hair...if for some reason you can't decide between a veil, clips and a headband/tiara, at least get someone to fix them for you. The whole thing made that much better by the fact that you had to take your wedding photos in the back of a budget Clarion on the highway.

Sigh...they do look quite happy together, so it's great that they had a fun day with the whole family.

Who are these folk that they rate the presence of not just Goatherd but Elisabeth Eliot herself? TIA.

Her hair looks like they went to the prayer room before the wedding. ;) She should have shelled out for a hairdresser, imho.

The groom gets a sartorial fail. In general, no one looks good in tails unless the name is Fred Astaire, and tails should be worn with a bow tie. It looks like he put on a business suit and grabbed the wrong jacket. At least the bridal couple looked happy.

What is his (the groom) profession, butler?

The turquois fabric was on sale? A 200 yard fents?

Archived