IGNORED

Jackson and Johannah Duggar

ladypuglover

On tonight's show the two were asked what they like to do together when Hannie whispered to Jackson to say,"tell them we like to play Dad and Mom." I wasn't thinking anything wrong about it until Jackson got a scared look on his face and asked if anyone heard that. When told no, he said good.

So..... what do you think?

That's creepy! But it is normal for them to be curious at that age. I hope it's just curiousity or playing house with their clothes on and there was no reason for Jackson to be scared.

It just seemed weird but who knows what it really meant. If it is exploring, well in my book that is normal at that age and a lot of children do do that with friends or siblings close in age. I just hope he won't get reamed for it.

Meh. I didn't think it was weird. What WAS weird was taking a six year old to do demolition and construction. What on earth were they thinking? There is no way that is safe or age appropriate. Talk about a need for helmets...

I haven't watched, but do you think that perhaps Jackson was just embarrassed to admit he plays a "girly" game like house? Gotta stick to those forced gender roles.

I haven't watched, but do you think that perhaps Jackson was just embarrassed to admit he plays a "girly" game like house? Gotta stick to those forced gender roles.

That's exactly how I interpreted it. And seeing as the theme of the show was "Taking Jackson away from Hannie and the girls so he can learn how to be a MAN" (JB's emphasis, not mine), it fits.

I can almost see Hannie putting one of those ghastly flower headdress things on Jackson's head and JimBob putting his foot down. I fear the end of the Jackson and Hannie show will be soon upon us.

Well that very could be that Jackson didn't want anyone to know he plays house with his sister. I also think it is normal for a little boy to play house and to be embarressed that he does.

Sheesh, reading all these blogs about tiny little girls being able to defraud men with her womanly wiles I thought like a fundy and saw sin where there wasn't any.

Being older I guess I just saw it as "playing house" like all little kids do--I didn't think it meant anything "bad." I kind of thought Jackson was afraid something wasn't working right....I don't think either of them would go beyond normal little kid "show me yours and I'll show you mine" type play. It's such a taboo, but they must be curious.

I also hope our speculating won't get those little guys in trouble.

Archived