IGNORED

Little Jordyn, again

Hisey

I just watched last week's episode. It made me really sad (and surprised) to hear Jessa talk so roughly to Jordyn, and Jordyn's sad little response.

Jessa, half-angrily, taking Jordyn's face in her hand: Say "No, thank you!"

Jordyn: (softly and sadly) No, thank you.

I don't think Jessa is much of a "mother." Neither was I, at 18, so I can't blame her, but I do feel bad that Jordyn doesn't have anyone nurturing around her.

Plus, she's two--how many two-year olds remember to say "thank you"? And why was Jordyn even attending Jessa's "class" anyway, she's a toddler. Can't someone build blocks with her or read her a story?

Jessa, half-angrily, taking Jordyn's face in her hand: Say "No, thank you!"

Jordyn: (softly and sadly) No, thank you.

I don't think Jessa is much of a "mother." Neither was I, at 18, so I can't blame her, but I do feel bad that Jordyn doesn't have anyone nurturing around her.

Ack. I agree, can't blame her. She did not bring this child into the world and it is absolutely wrong that she is tasked to basically be her "mother".

Usually, a young child can be reminded to say "thank you" by the parent simply saying, ". . .And what do we say?", but I don't know why Jessa should know that.

I agree. It was not to much the intent behind it but the way she did it. I think it's important to teach children good manners early, but you can do it in a nice way, like Austin suggested and by using manners yourself so your child picks up on it. If she/he fails to say please, thank-you etc just gently remind him/her. More importantly if she/he does say it, praise her/him and tell him/her how proud you are, how she/he did a good job etc.

That made me really sad to read how Jordyn was treated - my two year old forgets to say thank you from time to time, but I always remember myself to praise him when he does remember, and gently remind him when he forgets. Anyone who's been a parent for any amount of time knows that training a child means training yourself more than anything. At 18, and not that little girls mother - well, it's just bloody not fair to either of those girls, the situation they've been put in by boob and ofboob.

Why should Jessa be forced to be Jordyn's Mom? She didn't even get to do the fun parts of making a baby, but she has all of the responsibility.

I feel bad for all of the older kids - as well as the little ones because of this.

I thought it was horrible that Jordyn had to nap in that baby's seat.

Me too! I could be wrong but I think they've shown her napping in baby swings and those jumpy/bouncy things they make for babies when she was younger. I don't have a child, but I imagine that can't be very comfortable and maybe even unsafe. I don't see why they can't take a minute to lay her down. It also bugs me that the little ones sleep in pack and plays and baby play pens. Why can't they have proper cribs or for that matter toddler beds when they're older?

They can't have cribs or beds because that would take awy from the new (used) bus budget!

My baby sleeps in a pack 'n play because there's no room for a crib. Our house is less than ten percent the size of the Duggars', though, so I'm hoping we get a pass.

TLC ought to do an episode where they redecorate the girls' room to accomodate Johanna, Jennifer, Jordyn, and Josie.

Jessa is probably doing to Jordyn just exactly what Michelle had done to her. She learned from experience. I don't believe for a second that Michelle keeps that cutesy voice going when the cameras aren't rolling.

I haven't seen the episode yet, but just reading your comments makes me want to scream. Poor, poor Jordyn! How could anybody ignore a cute little girl like she is? Argh.. that makes me so so angry!

TLC ought to do an episode where they redecorate the girls' room to accomodate Johanna, Jennifer, Jordyn, and Josie.

Seriously, buy some unfinished bunk beds, and let the little girls decorate them themselves.

Guest LilaFowler

It makes me sad to see Jim Bob and Michelle's babies not getting the love, care, doting, and attention that Josh and Anna's daughter Mackenzie is getting. Jordyn, Josie, and Jennifer especially. The sister moms (Jessa, Jill, Jinger, Jana, and Joy) take as good of care of them as they can, but it doesn't compare to a mother or father's love.

Michelle is the homemaker, so I would love to see a baby in her arms at all times. That shouldn't be Jana, Jill, Jesa, Jinger, and Joy's job.

Seriously, buy some unfinished bunk beds, and let the little girls decorate them themselves.

I think the parents were sort of expecting the oldest girls to get married before the youngest needed beds to sleep in. Then they realized that they can't let the older ones go while they have the younger ones around to care for. Eventually the youngest will probably share beds with their buddies, like they used to do in the rental house. It sure must be weird for Johanna to have a real bed when one of the older sisters is traveling, but have to give it up when she gets back. The others might not be old enough to care, but Johanna is about 5 now and she doesn't seem to have a consistent bed.

Jessa is probably doing to Jordyn just exactly what Michelle had done to her. She learned from experience. I don't believe for a second that Michelle keeps that cutesy voice going when the cameras aren't rolling.

This was my first thought, too.

Johannah is going to be six in October. There is absolutely no excuse for her not having a "real" bed at her age. Come to think of it, we have seen Jackson lying on the floor on some sort of roll out futon numerous times. I think El Cheapo would rather spend money on a new fancy bus, ATV's and golf carts to show off to his ATI buddies, and soccer balls for the heathen orphans of El Salvador than buy proper beds for his youngest blessings. He is such a hypocritical douchebag.

I felt bad for Jordyn in that bouncer. The weight limit on those bouncers is usually 25 lbs. Im sure she is over 25lbs! She looked uncomfortable.

Jessa does not seem as maternal as Jill or Jana. Was it Jessa or Jinger that got Jordan to cry during the today show interview in Little rock (the first after Josie was born) in order to get off camera? It is easy for me to spot which kids have Jill/Jana and which have Jessa/Jill as buddies.

I totally agree about the beds and the girls room needs a redo. The beds they got orginal were nice but I would rather see TLC give JimBOb a field trip to Ikea (maybe on a monday night for the all you can eat spagetti for .99, so he can brag about the savings). Even though Ikea isnt the highest quality, he could get loft or bunk beds with NEW mattresses inexpensively and make it fit into the girls dorm.

The Duggars could totally use a trip to Ikea. Unfortunately, the closest one is in Dallas (about a six-hour trip).

totally off topic.. but it really made me smile to read that the closest ikea is an 6hour drive away. not imaginable in germany!!

but I totally agree that they need to redo the rooms! I mean when they built the house and decorated it they only had 16kids and it already seemed to be quite tight in the girls room.

The Duggars could totally use a trip to Ikea. Unfortunately, the closest one is in Dallas (about a six-hour trip).

That should be nothing in the new fancy bus. Didnt they drive 4 hours to the fish fry to help out that church they "attended" while in Little Rock. I would much rather see the girls sleep on an inexpensive NEW ikea mattress and they way the roll them up at IKEA when you get them out of the bin to buy JB has no excuses about being able to bring them home. I fit 2 twin matresses in my economy sedan's trunk! and my closest IKEA is 300 miles away! I hate to say I buy use and save the difference on alot of things but never a matress(not even for my guest room), sheets, shoes, or dishes/silverware.

That just sucks for everyone in that situation :( Yea, there is a point to "buy used save the difference". There's just some things you do NOT want to buy used. In our house, it's usually items that, for hygiene and personal health/safety, really should not be bought used. I think we're pickier than some, but it is probably because of Hubby's semi- OCD after going through college biology and learning all about the fun germs in our world.

I DID grow up without a "real" bed (mattress included) until I was 17. It sucked, but it taught me how to really appreciate quality vs price. I think those younger children will end up realizing there is something more to the whole "buy used" thing than meets the eye, and I can see it staying with them like it did me (not in a bad way, mind you, just one of those things life hands you and you make the best of it).

If you have neither the money nor the room to accommodate beds for all of your children, then STOP HAVING CHILDREN!!!

Why does anyone think this is acceptable? These people should be pariahs. Society should shun their practices. The older kids are forced into parenthood before they're ready. The little ones don't get enough love or attention. Children are schooling children. And the younger half of the lot don't have beds to sleep in. I'm flaberghasted that people think this lifestyle is not only ok, but they try and model their own families after it. Further proof that Americans are really that stupid.

If you have neither the money nor the room to accommodate beds for all of your children, then STOP HAVING CHILDREN!!!

Why does anyone think this is acceptable? These people should be pariahs. Society should shun their practices. The older kids are forced into parenthood before they're ready. The little ones don't get enough love or attention. Children are schooling children. And the younger half of the lot don't have beds to sleep in. I'm flaberghasted that people think this lifestyle is not only ok, but they try and model their own families after it. Further proof that Americans are really that stupid.

This. +1000 Internets.

Instant obedience is the stated goal of all "child training" gurus. I'm not at all surprised at big sis's response. If the camera were off, Jordyn might have got a swat for it, too. While they are very competent care-givers, these ARE their siblings so there is not quite the level of care normally associated with mothers and toddlers.

Archived