IGNORED

Yahoo Disappoints with Debi Pearl Article Today

Want More Babies

Something should be done about this. I have no idea what, but something should be done.

It's an absolute crime that this woman is so shamelessly promoted.

It's a paid article, put in by PRWeb. So the Pearls or someone associated with them or one of their fan club, paid to have this article put out there.

This Google search on the headline turns up other PRWeb insertions:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Lack+of+ ... =firefox-a

If there's a complaint, it should be made to PRWeb, they're the ones who took the Pearls' money. I'm wondering how much it cost?

ETA: I'm pretty sure they got the $360 package.

http://service.prweb.com/pricing/compare-packages/

Did you get a look at the comments? Wow! I just went through the first page and there was not a single positive comment about the Pearls or their "philosophy"/methods.

Here are a couple:

From Michelle - Men are Prophet, Visionaries, Priests, and Kings and women are Dreamers, Servants, and Go-To-Gals? You've got to be kidding.

From MarjorieR - How in the HECK did this ever end up as NEWS? Debi Pearl and her husband are SICK people who espouse child abuse in the name of Christianity. SICK SICK SICK people!

From KateC - What a passel of crock this woman is. Who approved this worthless article?

That was somewhat reassuring. . . a little. . .

That article is a joke and I read some of the comments that Austin posted and I have a Yahoo will end up regretting posting that stupid article.

Did you get a look at the comments? Wow! I just went through the first page and there was not a single positive comment about the Pearls or their "philosophy"/methods.

Here are a couple:

From Michelle - Men are Prophet, Visionaries, Priests, and Kings and women are Dreamers, Servants, and Go-To-Gals? You've got to be kidding.

From MarjorieR - How in the HECK did this ever end up as NEWS? Debi Pearl and her husband are SICK people who espouse child abuse in the name of Christianity. SICK SICK SICK people!

From KateC - What a passel of crock this woman is. Who approved this worthless article?

Yep. I just read all of them. Not a soul there has a good word to say about Michael and Debbi Pearl.

:twisted: Don't you guys see how this is a good thing wrapped up in a bad thing?

So many negative resposnes are going to catch somebody's eye!

Ok, I admit, sadly there are some desperate types who won't read the responses. But in this case, the negativity will count for a lot.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. ;)

I think the bigger issue is that anyone, with enough money, can buy placement on an alleged news source.

But this is not new, not at all. Scientology has been doing the same thing for years.

IDK, but I did complain to Yahoo about allowing their article to be on their website, or at least associated with Yahoo as a company, since it violates their TOS by advocating abuse. (shrugs) worth a try, especially if they look at the names and dig around in who the pearls are. I doubt anything will happen though. Not a big loss since I never use my Yahoo mail for anything beyond spam anyway, haha.

MJB and Mirele, you guys do make a good point as well. That was my thinking too, but I just went ahead and did it anyway.

It's a paid article, put in by PRWeb. So the Pearls or someone associated with them or one of their fan club, paid to have this article put out there.

If there's a complaint, it should be made to PRWeb, they're the ones who took the Pearls' money. I'm wondering how much it cost?

I also looked around on their webiste, and I found this on their TOS (terms of service):

4. Warranties; Limitation of Liability

A. You represent and warrant to PRWeb that (i) you have the right to deliver the Submitted Materials to PRWeb, (ii) you will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including but not limited to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and laws relating to “spamâ€, (iii) Submitted Materials will not contain any content that is obscene, libelous, slanderous or otherwise defamatory, false or misleading or which violates any copyright, right of privacy or publicity or other right of any person; and (iv) Submitted Materials will not contain any viruses, scripts, macros, or programs or links to macros, scripts, programs, or any code that alters, destroys, infiltrates or inhibits the operation of computer systems including, but not limited to the Service or data stored within such computer systems including, but not limited to the Service.

:?: IDK if this is useful, but it's the only thing that seems usable for a complaint if anyone decides to complain to that particular website instead of Yahoo; PRweb doesn't seem to care about whatever their articles publish. I might have read it wrong though, since I'm not 100 percent caffienated yet.

Now off to step off of my soapbox and continue my day :whistle:

Yeah, this is a total "press release" put out by the Pearls and No Greater Joy. That "###" at the end is how press releases are officially ended, with contact information then provided below those marks. Notice how the contact information below the ### is a Mel Cohen of No Greater Joy!

Mel Cohen is their financial advisor. There are articles about him on their site

http://www.nogreaterjoy.org/articles/ge ... al-speaks/

Here's an article by his son, who is in the Army now.

http://www.nogreaterjoy.org/articles/ge ... blackhawk/

His son flies blackhawk helicopters. I thought that in order to be an officer, military members have to finish college. Apparently, his son is a pilot but has no degree.

Glad to see most of Yahoo readers don't buy the crap the Pearl's sell. :) There is hope out there.

And interestingly, I noted that the dateline was from Centerville, TN - home of the Botkins! I wonder if the Botkins and Pearls are on friendly terms at all. They seem to come from completely different worlds.

Here are a couple:

I'm amazed. For once it's actually a good thing to read the comments.

And interestingly, I noted that the dateline was from Centerville, TN - home of the Botkins! I wonder if the Botkins and Pearls are on friendly terms at all. They seem to come from completely different worlds.

Centerville seems to attract lots o' crazy, huh??

FWIW, I've added my $0.02 to the comments on the Yahoo article.

why are they calling it 'created to be A helpmeet'? i thought it was 'created to be HIS helpmeet'...

does the "a" make it more palatable, somehow?

Archived