IGNORED

So the Duggars will be back...?

Arielkay

Sorry if there's been a thread already but I was wondering if anyone knew when they will be having new episodes of the Duggars? From the TLC site it looks like they're showing way old episodes (back when there were "only" 17). Part of me doesn't want to see, and the other part wants to watch the train wreck. It's terrible. I can only imagine how much they'll devote to the miscarriage, etc. on the actual show if they've done this much elsewhere.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I pray there will be none. But there will be. They have to drag out the miscarriage into 4 episodes. With flashbacks from Josie in the NICU.

Don't the usually come back on in February? We'll know in a week of two if the show's been canceled or not.

There was an article in some newspaper about the Duggars visit to space camp last fall and Boob told the reporter that a new season was supposed to start in January.

The Duggar's have short seasons I think TLC is afraid to cancel the show to the regions background of it.Maybe afraid of backlash from the Duggars followers.I don't know anymore who even watches this show anymore or who have watched it in a long time nor due most people care when the show airs or when it doesn't.This show hit rock bottom about 2 seasons ago yet it still goes on.

I just went to their TLC page to see if there were any updates/messages about a new episode. There was a video playing at the top of the page that read "Do humans and animals share a common ancestor?"

I bet JimBob would crap his pants if he realized that was playing!

I think TLC has been aware of Duggars' declining popularity for awhile. Last summer, the show didn't do well. I was getting ratings of 1 million which isn't bad for a cable show, but other cable reality shows were getting better ratings. I think TLC was planning to axe the show, but then Michelle got pregnant and they decided to keep the show for another season, but the question now is what is TLC going to do since Michelle miscarried. The Jubliee memorial pictures caused controversy and a lot people commented on various sites in not so nice ways.

I think TLC might want to can the show, but Boob may be negotiating to try and keep for another season. He and Michellle will try again for another baby or he will hope that Josh and Anna will get pregnant with number 3 soon.

I'm sure the Duggars are negotiating to have the title changed to "20 Kids and Counting," or even "21 Kids and Counting" (lest we forget about Caleb.) I wonder if TLC's response is, "But we have video of the kids in NASA flight suits saying, "Coming up next on 19 kids..." We must use that footage!"

They have to drag out the miscarriage into 4 episodes. With flashbacks from Josie in the NICU.

I'm sure the Duggars are negotiating to have the title changed to "20 Kids and Counting," or even "21 Kids and Counting"

I'm sure we'll get a tearful Michelle explaining the whole thing while Jordyn, Jennifer and Josie wander around in the background looking for Jill and wondering why that lady is crying..... the words "precious" and "miracle" will be mentioned way too often.

We will likely also hear of another new pregnancy for Michelle (especially if Kelly Bates carries her child to term and enjoys a healthy baby) and, of course, for Anna who won't get any attention.

We will get another "how important it is to vote" speech from Jim-Bob, too. Riveting tv.....

I seriously hope that TLC will give the Duggars the boot. I don't think that a third grand Duggar could revitalize the show at all or save it.

I'm sure we'll get a tearful Michelle explaining the whole thing while Jordyn, Jennifer and Josie wander around in the background looking for Jill and wondering why that lady is crying..... the words "precious" and "miracle" will be mentioned way too often.

We will likely also hear of another new pregnancy for Michelle (especially if Kelly Bates carries her child to term and enjoys a healthy baby) and, of course, for Anna who won't get any attention.

We will get another "how important it is to vote" speech from Jim-Bob, too. Riveting tv.....

I love this summary. It hits the nail on the head alright Can Jim Bob spout his political rhetoric on the show? That's reason enough for TLC to can it.

Yeah I am oddly fascinated to see, although they really do irritate me!

I can imagine some sort of courtship or marriage to one of the adult kids to help bring it ratings.

I seriously hope that TLC will give the Duggars the boot. I don't think that a third grand Duggar could revitalize the show at all or save it.

They have put the viewers through a lot of horrors lately. Lately? In the past 2 years. Exposing a micro preemie, struggling for life, live births, miscarriage with images of the deceased baby attached (that was a bit too much for me), seriously... and then several wisdom teeth removals, live.. and when there was nothing bloody, painful or terrible going on, they were embarrassing themselves. This has become a horror show. Bloody enough, TLC.

Oddly enough, I'll be always interested in what's going on with them, BUT, I'll just read the news (probably kinda disturbed by everything). But no more TV show for them. Please.

TLC could put the Duggars on a 6 month hiatus, at least. It would be long enough that hopefully they could bypass the entire miscarriage and not talk about it at all, if that's indeed possible. Even this network that isn't above showing the most outrageous things still probably isn't certain of the best way to handle it, imo. I think TLC put Kate plus 8 on a 6 month hiatus on at least 2 separate occasions, and did the same with the Roloffs...although the Roloffs now seem to be having periodic specials, maybe 3 a year or something like that. I don't know exactly how much TLC can show of the political stuff of the Duggars...following Santorium on the campaign trail probably isn't in the network's best interest. And I agree a third grandchild isn't going to save the show. Josh and Anna's episodes have seemed kind of boring, I don't think there's enough interest to focus on them for awhile. They could move into another house, and be shown attending Priscilla's wedding, but I'm not even sure her fiancee's family would agree to be on television. I just don't know what else is left for them to film- the network probably already lost money on that trip to England, Ireland and Israel, especially since Josie got sick, and had to have a doctor fly home with her (presumably first class).

Oddly enough, I'll be always interested in what's going on with them, BUT, I'll just read the news (probably kinda disturbed by everything). But no more TV show for them. Please.

This.

Famy just posted this on FB:

Amy Rachelle Duggar

New Episodes I believe start back up in Feb!!! everybody have a great weekend!!!!!

LikeUnlike · · 39 minutes ago

I think the first few episodes of the new season will get some ok ratings. People will just be curious to see how the miscarriage is addressed and then I suspect a dipoff in viewers.

I wonder what the eventual last episode will be like. Maybe the whole family will sing another round of "Amazing Grace" and then fade into the sunset?

I wonder what the eventual last episode will be like. Maybe the whole family will sing another round of "Amazing Grace" and then fade into the sunset?

I can see that happening. Boob and Mullet will be walking hand in hand while the J'Slaves are behind them handling kids.

I don't think they'll have an official series ending. I doubt that TLC wants to draw too much attention either way. They'll probably just decide not to renew a contract and will let the Duggars fade into obscurity. The last episode will be as boring as the rest of the episodes.

Famy just posted this on FB:

Amy Rachelle Duggar

New Episodes I believe start back up in Feb!!! everybody have a great weekend!!!!!

LikeUnlike · · 39 minutes ago

Futon critic still has nothing about the show being renewed.

Archived