IGNORED

OH FFS! Tebow

notsocommon

I just saw this on FB

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2911883834639set=a.1246172952908.2039379.1186923171&type=1&theater

The stupid BURNS!

Wait, so somehow Tim Tebow is sooo much more persecuted than a group of muslims? There are so many muslims in the US (or even people who look like they might be muslims) who have been ridiculed, heckled, spat on, attacked and even killed for doing nothing more than peacefully practicing their religion. I don't really "get" either one, but christianity and islam are not that different.

Tim Tebow gets ribbed for being an attention whore, and no one is suggesting that he shouldn't be able to practice his religion however he wants. Hell, maybe if he sucked a little less at football, he wouldn't even get ribbed for that. Tom Brady can get away with just about anything :roll:

I could care less about his religion. I just got tired of hearing his name every five seconds when watching football. He's a mediocre quaterback so I don't get all the love.

Maybe the NFL should follow the college teams and ban all celebration after a touchdown. Hey, Tim Tebow, I'm sure you're not kneeling down praying for starving children in Africa or for inner peace. No, you're kneeling down thanking God for letting you be so *awesome. Maybe you should get off your knees, run back to your coach, and try to figure out how to suck a little less. It's arrogant to think that God has time to worry about football and less time to worry about genocide.

*being awesome in your own mind, that is.

Maybe the NFL should follow the college teams and ban all celebration after a touchdown. Hey, Tim Tebow, I'm sure you're not kneeling down praying for starving children in Africa or for inner peace. No, you're kneeling down thanking God for letting you be so *awesome. Maybe you should get off your knees, run back to your coach, and try to figure out how to suck a little less. It's arrogant to think that God has time to worry about football and less time to worry about genocide.

*being awesome in your own mind, that is.

:clap:

I could really care less what Tebow does. That really sums up the attitude that most people I know have as well. I mean, I don't like him, but that's really due to my dislike of Florida, not Jesus. As a Christian (granted a liberal one) I fail to see how Tebow is being persecuted or how making fun of /disliking him = hating Christianity/Jesus/America/letting the terrorists win.

You don't see the Yankees' Mariano Rivera(who is also a devout Christian)kneel everytime he gets a save. He just does his job and lets the way he lives his life be his testimony.

You don't see the Yankees' Mariano Rivera(who is also a devout Christian)kneel everytime he gets a save. He just does his job and lets the way he lives his life be his testimony.

This. So much this. It's the problem so many people have with evangelicals like Tebow - the constant proselytizing that's being shoved in everyone's face. Those Muslims? Aren't broadcasted on ESPN or Monday Night Football. Do I care that they are devout? Nope, just like I don't care that Tebow's devout. I don't understand his compulsion to make sure every last person who is watching him knows that he is thanking God for his successes.

Also, those Muslims were participating in a community-wide ritual (the call to prayer), and not grandstanding all alone in front of thousands of people for the sole purpose of evangelizing.

Yup... actions speak a heckofa lot louder than words as a general rule.

I need to find a video of a man praying salat while a bunch of Christians all stood around him screaming into bullhorns ridiculing him. If Muslims did this to a Christian in this country they would be strung up. These spoiled little evangelicals have no idea what real persecution is.

Yup... actions speak a heckofa lot louder than words as a general rule.

Tebow has an interesting pastime when we speak of actions. He performs circumcisions in the Philippines.

And yes HajibLady, if it was a Muslim football player offering a prayer of thanks after a TD he would be shot.

Also, those Muslims were participating in a community-wide ritual (the call to prayer), and not grandstanding all alone in front of thousands of people for the sole purpose of evangelizing.

This.

Found it!

That is atrocious. I'm sure God really appreciates it when you scream and ridicule someone in conversation with Him... especially when you are claiming to do it on His behalf.

I hate Tebow because he sucks at football and is a douche. 'Nuff said. And that video is why I hate religious people. And picket signs. And tsunamis.

Troy Polamalu of the Pittsburgh Steelers, is a very devout Christian. He is also very conservative. He doesn't kneel at the side of the field and pray. (He does cross himself though). He also doesn't run around talking about his beliefs. He is quiet about them. And Troy can play! And I have NEVER seen him kneel after an interception, or touchdown. Even on the sidelines.

Tebow sucks, at best. And I can't wait for the all the hype to die down.

Guest Anonymous

Mariano has also donated millions, both in actual money and his time, to promote schooling and social welfare in his native Panama.

Archived