garciarodrigez

Was he a lie? Are they not acknowledging him because they know there is no proof to back it up? What doctor can verify the story that there was a miscarriage with Caleb? Why isn't he counted with the others if jubIlee is going to be? I can't fathom that. What the fuck? What kind of message are they sending? One was worthy, one was not? I want that answered by those people. I smell foul badly somehow, some way on this matter. Also what the hell with the obit claiming stillbirth when it was clearly a miscarriage? Is that how they will answer why one was worthy and not the other? I know these questions have been asked in other threads and we have speculative answers but today if given the chance I would demand these questions be answered by those people. How dare them? I'm way too involved in this story for my own liking because and only because it makes me so angry, otherwise I wouldn't give a shit. I just listened to that bitches recording and am even more outraged. That's definitely propaganda. They know the show is coming to an end so they seized this whole situation as their next money grubbing adventure. Way to seguay on to the next phase/season of life there Duggars. Bravo, you wonderful lying examples of Christianity.

That bothers me a lot too, particularly after listening to her letter. If you believe life begins at conception, I cannot wrap my mind around why you would consider one miscarriage/stillbirth is SO much more important than another, to the point that one will "never be forgotten" while the other doesn't even get counted in the tally. I was expecting to hear that she'd be in heaven with her sibling...but no. I don't get it.

Was he a lie? Are they not acknowledging him because they know there is no proof to back it up? What doctor can verify the story that there was a miscarriage with Caleb? Why isn't he counted with the others if jubIlee is going to be? I can't fathom that. What the fuck? What kind of message are they sending? One was worthy, one was not? I want that answered by those people. I smell foul badly somehow, some way on this matter. Also what the hell with the obit claiming stillbirth when it was clearly a miscarriage? Is that how they will answer why one was worthy and not the other? I know these questions have been asked in other threads and we have speculative answers but today if given the chance I would demand these questions be answered by those people. How dare them? I'm way too involved in this story for my own liking because and only because it makes me so angry, otherwise I wouldn't give a shit. I just listened to that bitches recording and am even more outraged. That's definitely propaganda. They know the show is coming to an end so they seized this whole situation as their next money grubbing adventure. Way to seguay on to the next phase/season of life there Duggars. Bravo, you wonderful lying examples of Christianity.

:text-yeahthat:

Honestly, I think seeing that she is now going to say she has 20 children instead of 21 is probably the thing that has pushed me the most over the edge with them.

Poor little Caleb. At least, if there is a heaven, little Caleb and Jubilee are in a much better place than they would be if they were here with their parents.

Their reaction to J'Caleb's "death" vs. their reaction to Jubilee's "death" is what completely outs them as hypocrites. This whole thing with Jubilee and the obit and church/graveside service has been an in-your-face, anti-choice exercise. Their message is: a 16-week fetus is a BAYBEE and we are going to engage in all the death rituals to prove it.

Only problem is, I haven't heard one word about them doing any of this for J'Caleb, the "baby" god killed because J'Chelle used the ebil birth control. If Jubilee was a baby, why wasn't J'Caleb a baby? By their own measure, they are full of shit.

I don't watch the show as I can only stomach so much Gothardism before I want to hurl but I heard that Anna miscarried.

Did they have a three ring circus for her as well?

I don't watch the show as I can only stomach so much Gothardism before I want to hurl but I heard that Anna miscarried.

Did they have a three ring circus for her as well?

I bet Josh is SOOOOO PISSED he didn't have a memorial service for Anna's miscarriage. Just goes to show you that J'Boob is so much more savy (and slimy) than Joshie.

Anna will likely have several more miscarriages before her breeding days are over. It will be interesting to see if they have a "funeral" for a menstrual pad next time.

I wonder if 'Caleb' wasn't a confirmed miscarriage. I'm wondering if her period was late, she presumed she was pregnant but then got her period. It being either a late period or a very early miscarriage. That happens a lot and many women miscarry at 5 weeks gestation without even knowing they were ever pregnant. If she was pregnant, I would have thought that 'Caleb' could have easily been 'Cayleb' (the feminine form of the name). I also wonder if she just came up with that name off the top of her head when she was asked about that miscarriage. Now that name is out in public, she has to stick to it, but I wonder if she was pregnant then and hadn't miscarried, wouldn't that one have been a J name.

The answer is simple. Feberin said it in another thread, and I illustrated it:

6512478019_c3b558738b.jpg

People didn't know about Caleb, nor did the Today Show, or TLC . . .

Fame whores.

Who is Caleb? Is he the one she miscarried after her first pregnancy?

Yes, or so they now claim. It's "interesting" that they came up with the name of Caleb after this miscarriage, when they've never mentioned it before. For all the number of times they've answered the question about why they have so many kids, and talked about teh ebil pill, they've never mentioned the name Caleb.

It's not even on their website*: duggarfamily.com/content/faq/29565/2_how_did_you_come_to_the_decision_to_have_such_a_large_family_are_you_and_jim_bob_from_large_families_yourselves_are_each_of_your_families_supportive_and_involved_in_your_lives_with_your_children_

It actually says that she miscarried between the second and third month, so 8-12 weeks gestation. I can understand feeling more of a loss from a 16-19 week miscarriage than a first trimester miscarriage, but it doesn't fit with their "life begins at conception" schtick.

*Semi-OT, but I think their insipid story about The Lost Pearl on their website is one of the stupidest things I've ever read. A couple delays having children for several years after marriage, then after having their first child found that they were medically unlikely to be able to have more. Now they feel super-duper sad about wasting all those years. Of course, fertility problems happen with many, many couples regardless of how long they delay having kids. These problems could have happened after having their first child, whether they were 25 or 30 or 35 at the time. It's also told solely from the man's POV...wonder if his wife might feel differently? :roll:

I wonder if 'Caleb' wasn't a confirmed miscarriage. I'm wondering if her period was late, she presumed she was pregnant but then got her period. It being either a late period or a very early miscarriage. That happens a lot and many women miscarry at 5 weeks gestation without even knowing they were ever pregnant. If she was pregnant, I would have thought that 'Caleb' could have easily been 'Cayleb' (the feminine form of the name). I also wonder if she just came up with that name off the top of her head when she was asked about that miscarriage. Now that name is out in public, she has to stick to it, but I wonder if she was pregnant then and hadn't miscarried, wouldn't that one have been a J name.

It's very possible it wouldn't. At the time her husband and son had J names and she didn't. So, having another child without a J-name wouldn't be so weird. I actually do believe that they didn't intend to start the j'theme until they totally incidentally gave both the twins names that started with J.

Don't get me wrong, I still think their reasoning for the j'theme is stupid as fuck. My father's parents both have names that start with S. He is their oldest child and his name starts with S. He has three younger sisters. The oldest one's name starts with S. Their last name even starts with S. But his youngest two sisters don't have names to start with S. I'm pretty sure they don't feel weird or left out. Hell, they're apparently convinced that my dad's youngest sister was an accident (as in, my grandmother didn't mean to get pregnant) which means that only one child would have had a name that didn't start with S. Thankfully, for all my grandmother's faults, caring about stupid bullshit like children feeling "left out" for having their name start with a different letter isn't one of them.

It's so nauseatingly cutesy and ends up meaning that many of the children have incredibly similar names (Jana/Joy-Anna/Johanna; Joseph/Josiah/Josie) and generally just destroys their individuality to force them into a pointless mold. Which is fitting for the Duggars, I suppose. But I still don't think that this was their intention from the get go.

Also, I agree that their so SO much hypocrisy regarding "Caleb". Either it was a baybee that was just as much of a person as Jubilee or Johannah or Jim Boob and Jichelle themselves or it wasn't and life doesn't begin at conception.

I thin it would be HILARIOUS if Michelle hadn't actually been pregnant between Josh and the older twins in that it makes her tailspin into crazy quiverfull fundiedom just that much more into a production of theater of the absurd. But, it's only funny in the way that I find incredibly fucked up things ridiculously amusing. Because it's also pretty disgusting.

I swear these people get more outrageous by the day.

The answer is simple. Feberin said it in another thread, and I illustrated it:

6512478019_c3b558738b.jpg

People didn't know about Caleb, nor did the Today Show, or TLC . . .

Fame whores.

I love this! They think life begins when ANYONE cares whether you had a miscarriage. Whether it be the Today Show, TLC, anything that can get them attention, it's only a real live Baybeee if they can get attention for. Either life begins at conception, or it doesn't. If you're going to count one miscarried fetus as your child, you need to count them all. I understand feeling a different level of loss (privately), but if you're going to make one miscarried fetus into a media circus and you ignore another one, that's why the Duggars are hypocrites. Poor forgotten J'Caleb. But even more than that, poor forgotten Josie, Jordyn, Jennifer, Justin. Heck, poor every single J'kid whose miscarried fetus sister is getting more attention than they've ever gotten in their whole lives. And they were actually born and have actual lives, and could leave an imprint on the world if only they had the opportunities normal kids get.

The Duggars make me sad.

Honestly, I think seeing that she is now going to say she has 20 children instead of 21 is probably the thing that has pushed me the most over the edge with them.

Poor little Caleb. At least, if there is a heaven, little Caleb and Jubilee are in a much better place than they would be if they were here with their parents.

SRSLY? She's going with "20"???

I can understand her not giving Caleb this treatment at the time. It was a long time ago, her beliefs have had plenty of time to change, and more importantly, she's now got a TV show and all the pressures (and encouragement toward attention-whoring) that goes along with it, which she didn't have back then. I can't call her a hypocrite for being unable to go back in time and change what she did then. People change.

HOWEVER. Given her supposed beliefs now, I can't imagine why she would not go with "21" if she's not sticking with 19. It really does boggle my mind. From her POV, 21 would work better for the propaganda anyway if she really is pushing that angle.

I wonder if part of the reason they don't include Caleb in their count of children is that they are embarrassed or ashamed at his death? Since he's the child that was lost due to their own selfish thinking of controlling the size of their family instead of leaving it in God's hands (per their thinking), perhaps his loss is a reminder of their previous 'heathen' lifestyle.

They should be thankful for Caleb since because of him, they had all the other kids and now they're rich and famous! Isn't gratitude an ATI character quality?

Anna will likely have several more miscarriages before her breeding days are over. It will be interesting to see if they have a "funeral" for a menstrual pad next time.

Jebbus tapdancing Khryst.... This was awesome!!!!!! From today on, I'll have my tampons buried in the yard and I'll mourn over them. they'll lie.... next to my dogs or something. Since it's dangerous to flush pads and tampons, they cannot be buried like goldfish.

I'mma name my tampons T names and my pads P names.

I believe they really did name a miscarriage Caleb. And I think it was a confirmed pregnancy and not just a late period. If they had made it up after the fact, they would have picked a J-name. But Caleb doesn't count because they weren't famous then and nobody outside of the family cared. It's the same deal with Anna's miscarriage. The Duggars are hypocrites, big surprise! They don't believe that they really lost a son then and they don't believe that they truly lost a daughter now. I'm sure that Michelle was devastated at her most recent loss, but not because she cared about this fetus. What she sees in that little coffin is not a lost potential daughter, but a lost potential attention accessory. She's not saying goodbye to the fetus; she's saying goodbye to winning a contest with Kelly Bates, and to having a wonderful round number of overall kids and sons and daughters, and the bragging rights to say she birthed 20 babies. And I'm sure she's genuinely sad over those things, but not because she thinks a life began at conception and then died.

Archived