IGNORED

Kelly Braderick's Doctor Should Be Annoyed

demgirl

I don't even know if this deserves its own topic, but I wandered onto KBB's facebook today and it seriously hurt my brain. :doh: As we all recall, Kelly almost died after the birth of her daughter and had to be life flighted to the hospital. Apparently it was quite serious and she seriously could have died. Now, I am as happy as the next person on the internet who doesn't know her in real life that she survived. But really? They couldn't spare a word of thanks to the doctors who saved her life? No. No, of course they can't. It's all God, all the time. Thank God, that's fine. But jeez, recognize that God himself did not come down and stop the bleeding. This is just a sample:

Kelly Bradrick

Thanking God for LIFE!

Amy Ellen Haas

Kelly I've been praying fervently for you Dear Sis! Praising God with you for His protection!!!!

#

Angel R. Cole So relieved to hear you are on the mend! Praising God for His care!

June 12 at 8:26pm

#

Andy Emily Bradrick Oh Kelly! We are so, so thankful to hear that you are doing better. Praise God for His mercy in your life. We love you!

June 12 at 9:14pm · 2 people2 people like this.

#

Stephen Bradrick I love you girl!! Im so glad your safe!! I have been praying like crazy for you!! Don't do stuff like that cuz it scares me ;) lol I love you so much!!

#

Kelly Bradrick Three days ago I began hemorrhaging to the point that I was given a 'life flight' to a hospital where I was given a DNC. Lot's of placenta tissue was found. In the Lords sweet kindness to me I am still alive... even though the Doctors didn't think I should be here, God had an amazing plan to show me His care and remind me how much I need Him.

June 14 at 5:54am · 21 peopleLoading...

#

Kelly Bradrick Thank you all for your prayers.

June 14 at 5:54am · 1 personTamara Haddox likes this.

#

Deborah Yuck Rejoicing that the Lord spared your life, Kelly!! Glory to His Name!!

June 14 at 6:50am · 2 people2 people like this.

#

Jaclyn Sugg That's amazing!!!

June 14 at 8:03am

#

Annette Wolf Thanking God that you were/are under His wing always and that He is not finished with you yet in this pilgrimage?............Amazing miracles happen each day that we should marvel in more than we do, I think!

June 14 at 10:30am · 1 personEvelyn Raymond likes this.

#

Nathan Barnes Wow - so glad to hear that God was gracious and spared your life!

June 14 at 11:31am

#

Cynthia L Strang OH Kelly! SO thankful that the Lord spared your life. Praise His Name! HE is faithful indeed!

June 14 at 11:32am

#

Ruthanne Shepherd God is indeed exceedingly kind and merciful. So very glad you're still here, Kelly. ♥

June 14 at 11:56am

#

Jen Key So thankful you are here! Praising God for His great kindness and care! He truly is the GREAT PHYSICIAN!

June 14 at 12:49pm

#

Rachel Roth McMahan Oh, Kelly! Thank the Lord for His protection and care!

June 14 at 12:56pm

#

JimmyandLori Ferebee Praise the Lord for His care and provision for you, dear one. Our Father holds us in His hand. Much love, Lori

June 14 at 1:04pm

#

Joseph-Cynthia Manion We praise the Lord for His protection.

June 14 at 3:41pm

I am so glad the Democratic National Committee came to see her. Maybe she'll drop this fundie crap.

(Toots, it's "D&C," not "DNC.")

I am so glad the Democratic National Committee came to see her. Maybe she'll drop this fundie crap.

Good Catch!

Silly doctors, all they did was think she should be dead.

Because the doctors (and nurses and techs, etc.) were concerned, it probably put a fire under everyone's heels to work faster and harder to make sure she was OK. But that fear is always made fun of in this type of story. Not Kelly and her family's fear--that's either not present at all or a godly side effect of being attacked by Satan. The medical team's fear (which is just a sign that they're taking the whole situation seriously) is interpreted as a weakness, a sign of their over-education and their smug assumption that they know more about the situation. Kelly doesn't want to think that she almost died--because that's scary--so she didn't almost die. The idea that she "shouldn't be here" is so scary, she needs to think of the people who said that as unimportant, uninformed, and fools to the universe. It was God's plan for her to survive all along, and the doctors had no idea what they were talking about next to His miraculousness. Which was fated to happen, because she didn't just get lucky or anything, because that would be terrifying.

I almost feel bad for snarking on her coping mechanism, because really, the whole experience was probably really, really scary.

But still she won't ever change her attitude. Iam betting that she will have her next blessing before december '12.

so god worked through the doctors? but I thought god did all the healing? so most of the time you never need a doctor. god does the healing. but when god fails you run to the doc and then god works through the doctor ? :angry-extinguishflame: :violence-torch:

it's always the same with these folks - when everything goes right - God gets all the credit and everything would have worked out despite the medical interventions because that was God's will - but when someone is brain dead and in a coma well then God needs all the respirators and feeding tubes etc he can get and don't you dare disconnect anything ever

Silly doctors, all they did was think she should be dead.

Because the doctors (and nurses and techs, etc.) were concerned, it probably put a fire under everyone's heels to work faster and harder to make sure she was OK. But that fear is always made fun of in this type of story. Not Kelly and her family's fear--that's either not present at all or a godly side effect of being attacked by Satan. The medical team's fear (which is just a sign that they're taking the whole situation seriously) is interpreted as a weakness, a sign of their over-education and their smug assumption that they know more about the situation. Kelly doesn't want to think that she almost died--because that's scary--so she didn't almost die. The idea that she "shouldn't be here" is so scary, she needs to think of the people who said that as unimportant, uninformed, and fools to the universe. It was God's plan for her to survive all along, and the doctors had no idea what they were talking about next to His miraculousness. Which was fated to happen, because she didn't just get lucky or anything, because that would be terrifying.

I almost feel bad for snarking on her coping mechanism, because really, the whole experience was probably really, really scary.

You said what I was thinking when I didn't even know what I was thinking! I just can not comprehend the mindset. :doh:

Wait until she can not get knock up again, then it will be the doctor's fault.

Somebody called Kelly a "dumbass" and not knowing her I can't say for sure one way or the other but somebody's gotta re-educate the girl to the fact that not every s at the end of a word needs an apostrophe to keep it company.

And Hane, you're the best:

Those little boys and GeeCee don't have a chance at literacy. (Don't take me literally, it's the Vicodin talkin'.)

I wonder why they use doctors at all. Really, why not just pray for the hemorrhaging to stop or whatever? Didn't it show a lack of faith to rush her to the hospital? (In their minds, I mean.)

Archived