IGNORED

Botkins/More Stupidity/Emotional Purity (MERGED)

Nurse Jenna

Apparently the long awaited book on relationships is out and Robotkins are giving little preview. What’s with fundies and the theory that if you become interested in someone you somehow have less of your heart to give to your future spouse? What an utter nonsense. Seriously WTF?

http://visionarydaughtersDOTcom/

PS I think my heart is a swiss cheese

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its always so funny to me that these SAH daughters would even have a CLUE about this stuff. Seriously, which Botkin daughter has given her heart to ANY man to have a clue what its about.

Their theory is akin to saying that giving your heart to little kids you encounter in your life means you will only give a fractured piece of your heart to your own child (cause you definitely cannot have multiple children and love them all). Its this idea that the heart and capacity of a human to love is finite and the ability to heal from hurts is non-existent.

Rubbish. Learn to actually love and give your heart before you write books on how to do what you do not have a clue about!

These girls writing a book on how to have a relationship is like me writing a book on topology. In other words, a mess because neither if us have a clue what we are talking about.

Edited for a typo

You know, this is all just stuff ripped off from Gothard's epiphanies and repackaged.

At least we know that Gothard's dated or courted or whatever you want to call it. That guy who was hired by Gothard to run a ministry for boys in a donated hotel in Flint, MI quickly discovered that Gothard never intended to use the hotel for a ministry for young men in Flint, he used the hotel to hang out at, and he had a 16 year old girl make dinner for him in the hotel kitchen which she served to Gothard in his hotel room there on their courtship date. Apparently, a proper date consists of the woman making a meal for the man. (Read "It's a Matter of Principals" by Veinot and Henzel for more.)

Then, Lindvall really picked this up and ran with it.

Twenty years later, Voddie is touting it like it's his own invention.

And frankly, I think that it has more to do with people who want to avoid facing their own unresolved conflicts than it has to do with the well being of their children. They came from a broken home or a troubled home, never got over a break-up early on, they got pregnant out of wedlock, or they married early to avoid burning and got pregnant right away and missed opportunities, etc.... You cannot prevent hardship and heartache. It is a part of maturing and a part of the experience of being human. There are no shortcuts.

It also can be used for branding, an issue that people can use to make a name for themsevles and make a buck in the process.

There's also the idea that things like love, power, abundance, peace, and happiness, are finite resources. They do not replenish, or if someone has some, it means less for everyone else and much less for them. I never saw these types of things as finite and something for which people must compete, especially if you are a Christian. It's a quite pessimistic viewpoint.

What was done to these folks that they think that so much -- even salvation -- is finite? Doesn't that make their God finite, too?

Reading the little quotes offered at the bottom of the page was interesting. These fundie girls always frighten and puzzle me. I mean, how emotionally stunted are you when you can't even have a boy in your group of friends or talk to him as a friend? I don't understand their mentality of seeing every male as a danger to "keeping their hearts pure". Having feelings, even romantic ones towards people, is normal. Feeling disappointed, hurt, awkward etc is normal part of growing up and maturing. I don't understand how they expect to learn anything. The topic of sexual issues among fundies and the weird expectation of going from knowing nothing about sex to being Song of Songs is often discussed but I also wonder about their emotional well being and health. They simply aren't prepared for any grown up situation (hell, even the things most of us face in grade school and high school would look like a crisis to these girls). How can they deal with the bumps in a marriage if they've never had to deal with any complex emotion? It boggles me. They're expected to stay children forever in so many ways.

When I saw the title of the thread my immediate reaction was "they opened their mouths again?"

Do they even know what a Venn diagram or a vector are?

Poor little Josie Duggar, her parents must have given away so many pieces of their hearts that there's nothing left for her. I'm constantly amazed that they can write a book called "a love that multiplies" and the Jeubs can challenge themselves to "love another child", but in the context of romantic relationships they see love as subtractive instead. I swear, they are only one step away from polygyny as soon as they realize this discrepancy.

Somebodies gotta find a way to get a hold of the book and read it. I really, really wanna know what two unmarried females have to say about what men want in a wife and friend...

Poor little Josie Duggar, her parents must have given away so many pieces of their hearts that there's nothing left for her.

Bingo!

Ultimately, this all goes back to women being gullible, easily deceived and part of that monstrous regiment. But add man and stir! Man reabsorbs his rib wife, and he becomes instantly invincible in the partnership. But it isn't true for unmarried women, young or old. Gothard and Lindvall taught that it was a danger to young men, too, but they have the whole magical penis factor, so they're not put at that much risk. They're more like heart hunter-gatherers or something.

Having feelings, even romantic ones towards people, is normal. Feeling disappointed, hurt, awkward etc is normal part of growing up and maturing. I don't understand how they expect to learn anything.

A great deal of attraction is physiological via pheremones. Your body making pheremones is sinful? Your brain and your body responding to pheremones is sinful? I suppose that they would say that this is evolutionary and empiricism or something... Like the earth being spherical.

Somebodies gotta find a way to get a hold of the book and read it. I really, really wanna know what two unmarried females have to say about what men want in a wife and friend...

Of course they know what men want in a wife and a friend. Their daddy told them.

Apparently the long awaited book on relationships is out and Robotkins are giving little preview. What’s with fundies and the theory that if you become interested in someone you somehow have less of your heart to give to your future spouse? What an utter nonsense. Seriously WTF?

It's true, you know, I gave away little pieces of my heart before marriage and by the time I got married they had to perform surgical grafts of little bits of pig heart onto my heart just to keep my blood circulating properly. This is a common side-effect of dating. And the thing is if you have too many kids they have to do this again, this is why most Quiverfull mothers are also part pig. There is really no escaping the pig tissue grafts, either you date or have several million children, but the bonus is that everything you eat tastes like bacon, but you can't become Messianic anymore because you're not kosher.

It's true, you know, I gave away little pieces of my heart before marriage and by the time I got married they had to perform surgical grafts of little bits of pig heart onto my heart just to keep my blood circulating properly. This is a common side-effect of dating. And the thing is if you have too many kids they have to do this again, this is why most Quiverfull mothers are also part pig. There is really no escaping the pig tissue grafts, either you date or have several million children, but the bonus is that everything you eat tastes like bacon, but you can't become Messianic anymore because you're not kosher.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

This book is crazy, and that sad thing is I am pretty sure this is the book my Fundy sister will give me for Christmas...at least it will make good snark material. Since I already haven't kept my heart just for one man, I wonder how what she will put in the note she always includes in her gifts...

I love you.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you "Teen Talk Barbie!!"

ETA: Rats - I don't know how to embed the actual video!

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you "Teen Talk Barbie!!"

ETA: Rats - I don't know how to embed the actual video!

Nailed it in one.

"Math class is tough! Do you have a crush on anyone? Giving away pieces of your heart isn't godly!"

This book is crazy, and that sad thing is I am pretty sure this is the book my Fundy sister will give me for Christmas...at least it will make good snark material. Since I already haven't kept my heart just for one man, I wonder how what she will put in the note she always includes in her gifts...

And what book will you be giving to her? :twisted:

There was totally a Simpsons episode about that Barbie doll. I always thought it was a joke or exaggeration until now.

Archived