IGNORED

Botkins/More Stupidity/Emotional Purity (MERGED)

Nurse Jenna

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://visionarydaughters.com/wp-conten ... comic1.jpg

This pic. Okay, so even if you do not date, apparently pieces of your heart have already been given away to God&family. So you will NEVER be able to love your spouse with your WHOLE heart, apparently?! Unless you don't believe in God?

:twisted:

on the barbie- actually I think it's a pretty accurate reproduction of teen talk.

canadianhippie- yes, wondering about that too. isn't that a contradiction right there? apparently they don't know because otherwise they'd be married by now? :twisted: i'm getting a mental image of the unmarried aunt 100-200 years ago, who lives in her sister's house and helps with the kids...

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you "Teen Talk Barbie!!"

ETA: Rats - I don't know how to embed the actual video!

you just need what is after the = for the youtube tag.

NO0cvqT1tAE

Somebodies gotta find a way to get a hold of the book and read it. I really, really wanna know what two unmarried females have to say about what men want in a wife and friend...

Chances are, they think THEY are exactly what men want. Because daddy probably told them so, and IF Knight can be believed, they've turned down courtship opportunities. Or maybe, in a way, this is one big classified ad - that some guy is going to hear about these wise women who CRACKED THE CODE and come find them, pulling them away from their more ordinary, dismal prospects. After all, what do you do when you've been told to expect Mr. Perfect? You expect Mr. Perfect.

you just need what is after the = for the youtube tag.

NO0cvqT1tAE

a-HA! A thousand thank yous, CanadianHippie!

I just checked the link above. They're 25 and 23? Time's a-wasting, ladies. And here I thought it was we ebil feminazis who delayed marriage until we were old hags. Seriously, who would take relationship advice from a 25 year-old virgin?

They said they created the book by reading letters about other girls' relationships. I'm sure it's easy to sit back and make logical "godly" decisions about other people's complicated relationships when you've never been in one. If either of them do get courted and marry, I think one of two scenarios is going to happen: They're going to be miserable and unprepared for the emotional and messier parts of the relationship--especially after having such high expectations. Or they'll stay in a fairly emotionless relationship centered around the church and just kind of...exist, believing that's the way everyone should be.

This book is crazy, and that sad thing is I am pretty sure this is the book my Fundy sister will give me for Christmas...at least it will make good snark material. Since I already haven't kept my heart just for one man, I wonder how what she will put in the note she always includes in her gifts...

Oh pleeeease, can you encourage her to give you the book? Because it's so ripe for snarking, and none of us are willing to shell out $15 for it.

And The Virgin Princesses haven't even put up any sample chapters yet, bah!

I just checked the link above. They're 25 and 23? Time's a-wasting, ladies. And here I thought it was we ebil feminazis who delayed marriage until we were old hags. Seriously, who would take relationship advice from a 25 year-old virgin?

I thought the Botkinettes were older.

The book now has its own website, complete with an "About the Authors" page. They reveal they've been slacking off in the cookie-baking-for-the-brothers department.

http://notcomplicatedbook.com/the_authors.php

As usual, E looks like she's plotting something diabolical. A-S looks... tired. I keep trying to tell myself that maybe A-S just doesn't take very good pictures.

As usual, E looks like she's plotting something diabolical. A-S looks... tired. I keep trying to tell myself that maybe A-S just doesn't take very good pictures.

Aside from eBot's headshot auditioning for the remake of "Reefer Madness" and AS's headshot auditioning for the part of that other chick's mom, that was a really boring website.

Srsly, why the hell do these people have 10 different websites that are never updated? It seems like the reason why they HAVE all these websites is so that they look super busy and productive, but since each site is updated like once every three months, it totally goes against the purpose and makes them seem indolent.

For the classic statement on giving away pieces of your heart, please see "8 Percent of My Love" from Square One.

"I already went and spent ninety-two percent, but I'm savin' all the rest for you!"

I'm sure I've mentioned this before but I really adore it.

Metaphors can be useful, but sometimes I think that fundies get slightly too hung up on the 'pieces of your heart' image and forget that the heart is an organ that pumps blood around the body and has no influence on relationships. There is no part of your body that starts to magically dissipate when you have a relationship. How you feel after a relationship is entirely down to who it was with, how it ended, and how you dealt with it.

Obvious, perhaps, but when they use the same expression all the time (and even in their patronising little blackboard diagrams) I start to worry that they've stopped thinking in psychological terms and started picturing an actual love-heart, somewhere in the abdomen, gradually crumbling away.

If she's pregnant, I suggest Pregnant Sex Master Class. Very defauding.

I wish I could give her a totally defrauding book in her opinion but I am trying to keep on her good side, because of my nephews and niece. She is not opposed to cutting off communication with family members that outright disagree with her, though if I talk to her away from the kids about something I disagree with she says thats the way God wanted it and she will pray for me. I just keep the peace so that in 6-12 years if the kids disagree with her and my BIL they will know where I am and know they can come stay with me. My oldest nephew just turned 10 and so far is drinking the koolaid about 90%. :(

I do try and sneak in other ideas occassionally that might broaden their view through christmas and birthday gifts (I know they get rid of them later sometimes but the kids have them for a couple of hours )

Oh pleeeease, can you encourage her to give you the book? Because it's so ripe for snarking, and none of us are willing to shell out $15 for it.

And The Virgin Princesses haven't even put up any sample chapters yet, bah!

I could lol. To ensure I get it all I would have to do is say how "I heard the Botkin girls have written another book and it sounds like it will be great read" (swallows the bile while keeping a straight face)

The Botkin Girls are soulless, person-less, brain-damaged (if they have a brain), bubble-minded female paper-dolls with absolutely no depth, no life, and no psyche. They are dolls with feminine oversimplifications and childlike mentality.

They're like the white version of a Mammy stereotype.

Aren't they 27 and 32, or something like that?

aBot posted that she had just turned 25 earlier in the year. They act 10 years older than they are, and it's not a compliment.

I just keep the peace so that in 6-12 years if the kids disagree with her and my BIL they will know where I am and know they can come stay with me. My oldest nephew just turned 10 and so far is drinking the koolaid about 90%. :(

I do try and sneak in other ideas occassionally that might broaden their view through christmas and birthday gifts (I know they get rid of them later sometimes but the kids have them for a couple of hours )

That is sad! What did you give them that they had to get rid of?

That is sad! What did you give them that they had to get rid of?

A book about camping, because my 2nd nephew was big into it for awhile, only problem....it had the word "ghost" in it when talking about being around the camp fire. I know they black out words they don't like in many books, censorship much?

Also I gave my niece a princess book, harmless in my opinion, but they don't believe in princesses unless it has the words "God's princess" then it might pass her inspection. I've taken to getting my niece clothing (though it has to be 100 % cotton because of something they believe in the old testament about not mixing fabrics or something and my nephews gift cards. his year I gave my oldest nephew my old digital camera and I had to convince them it was okay, because they thought it was too expensive of a gift...it was a gift to me like 4 years ago and I have a new one now so it really cost me nothing. I refuse to get them vision forum stuff so it gets a little complicated at times trying to thing of gifts for them. Ever try finding an astronomy book doesn't reference to millions of years ago...ended up picking one up and telling her that it said it, she said she would just black that out, but at least he got to have it.

I wish I could give her a totally defrauding book in her opinion but I am trying to keep on her good side, because of my nephews and niece. She is not opposed to cutting off communication with family members that outright disagree with her, though if I talk to her away from the kids about something I disagree with she says thats the way God wanted it and she will pray for me. I just keep the peace so that in 6-12 years if the kids disagree with her and my BIL they will know where I am and know they can come stay with me. My oldest nephew just turned 10 and so far is drinking the koolaid about 90%. :(

Just wanted to say I think you're handling a tough situation very well. Hard as it is, sometimes all you can do is bite your tongue for the greater good-in this case your niece and nephew.

Archived