IGNORED

I'm so done with the Duggars!

fundyfunland

Tonight, I was scrolling through the tv schedule & noticed back-to-back episodes of the Duggars, thought immeditely of FJ & decided to watch. The second episode was supposed to be about a "injury on the set," which I figured was Jason's fall, so definitely wanted to watch that.

Less than 1 minute into the first episode, Michelle's high-pitched squeaky-freaking voice & mind-numbing commnetary made an apparence, and I Just. Couldn't. Take. It. Any. More! :angry-screaming: I changed the channel and resolved to never watch them & support them again. They can :obscene-birdiedoublegreen:

I'm happy to say that rather than watching 19kids, I watched great re-runs of both Friend & New Adventures of Old Christine. I'm quite happy with my choice.

That is all.

I catch myself being excited about new episodes, then watching them and being bored to death. Happens on a regular basis.

Ditto

Anyone see the old TLC forumla back in use? Cake Boss renews vows, they say yes to the dress (maybe that was another TLC show). Maybe the whole thing is just TIRED already?!

They are putting me to sleep every week. Literally.

I think that after the European/Israeli trip episodes air, they are done. Maybe we'll see the occasional update special.

They are putting me to sleep every week. Literally.

I think that after the European/Israeli trip episodes air, they are done. Maybe we'll see the occasional update special.

I think they will have one more season after this fall season. There was an article about the Duggars' visit to the Space Camp and Boob said that the space camp visit will be apart of the show for the winter season which will start in January or February.

I think the winter season will be the last season, ratings for the show have gone done and I think TLC figures that Michelle is likely done having kids. A courtship may get some interest back from viewers who have stopped watching. I think the show will not make it to 2013.Once TLC cans the show, Boob will probably request 4 update specials like Matt Roloff did.

Total agreeance on the boredom. I'm pretty sure my Duggar addiction would be satiated by semi-annual reports of one page or less. Knowing the bunch on this forum, we could expound on that report for months!

I actually wasted time arguing with my sister about the Duggars. She would like to be more like them, and would like her family to be more like the Duggars. When I started to point out the hypocrisy that is the Duggars, she became very defensive.

My sister is a sheeple :-(

The pattern is pretty consistent. The current season should end around Thanksgiving, and will cover the summer activities up to the big trip. Given the inconsistencies with the timeline, we might even get some "close to home" fall episode, a birthday for Joy, Hannie, or Mackynzie, perhaps. Those episodes are probably easier to film/edit, and can be ready to air quickly. Michael's birth episode aired very soon after the fact.

Then we'll have Michelle's "season of life" recap, and they'll be on hiatus until late January. The big trip will eat up a few episodes- one for the preparations, one for Scotland, one for Ireland, another for London, and then two ( or an hour-long episode) for Israel. Then we'll have the Alabama trip, Space Camp, and the Nashville trip, which could lead to another visit chez Bates. And, of course, the "miracle baby's" 2nd birthday, complete with flashbacks.

I haven't heard of any other Duggar appearances/trips since Nashville, so maybe they are staying close to home right now. People recognize the TLC crew, so if they are filming somewhere else, we will certainly find out about it. I really think the winter season will be the last, unless Michelle manages to get knocked up, which IMO, is highly unlikely at this point.

It's really sad how very predictable this is. That in itself shows that it's time to pull the plug.

Guest LilaFowler

I refuse to stop watching until another Duggar kid courts and marries. Jim Bob and Michelle better not keep them as SAHS and SAHD all their lives.

In two months they'll have a total of five adult kids living at home. In just over another year, it will be six.

It can't go on forever. Well, it could of course, but it's going to get very weird soon. I can't imagine any 22 year old wanting to continue to live and share bedrooms with so many howling J-boys and so many little J-girls (and Hannie. I don't consider her a J-girl. H-girl all the way). Something's got to give.

My sister is a sheeple :-(

I wonder...if sheep + people = sheeple, shouldn't sheep + person = sherson?

I can't imagine any 22 year old wanting to continue to live and share bedrooms with so many howling J-boys and so many little J-girls

Mine never would have gone for that, yet Knight says the girls like being with the family and laugh at the idea that they are enslaved and forced to stay at home. I kind of think he is right; they are doing what they are supposed to do. Living at home until marriage is 'right' and they have been taught this since birth. It is normal for them. Their lives have been entirely within the family and leaving by oneself must be a foreign concept. And a scary one at that. We look at moving out of the parental home as a step toward becoming an adult. They don't.

I think that those of us living outside of the ATI/VF lifestyle often put our own thoughts and expectaions onto fundies and just know they are unhappy. I am sure some are, but others love it. Jill seems very happy raising her siblings. JD could move out-he has skills and a work ethic. Jana's perceived unhappiness may be partially due to a dislike of being on camera. Looking at my own adult children, I really don't get how the older Duggars just love being at home. My kids looked forward to the day they would have their own apartments or houses. And we have a good relationship with our kids. My girls love babies and children, but they would not want to raise mine. And they really would not want to share a bedroom with them!

My reason for being fed up with the Duggars is that they preach how they "buy used, save the difference" bull shit, yet, live as if they're living the high life. Most people who are struggling financially, do not live in a huge house, with TLC paying for everything, so shut up with the whole "We're debt free and we shop at thrift stores!" We know that you're mooching off of TLC and enjoying every minute of it.

After watching the episode of Jason falling, I felt sick to my stomach. It was disgusting to see Josh walk next to Jason, who was in a stretcher, with his stupid iPhone, video taping it. I don't care what the fans say, they were filming all of this to gain viewers. If they just talked about it, not many people would be interested but throw in the clips of him in agony, boom, viewers.

In the beginning, their show was all about showing people how their faith drives them and how they handle such a large family but now it's turned into who can receive more attention. Their time is running up and I really hope the end is near with their show. I bet you the reason why Michelle and JB want another one is so they can continue with their show. If it's learned that she's pregnant with #20, you know viewers would want to watch every minute of it.

I thought JB mentioned on one of last nights episodes that the "baby factory" might be slowing down, I almost felt like it was said to kind of warn people they wont be having more. Could've been my own interpretation.

I watched some episode where they toured a submarine or something? and it was worse than watching paint dry. Their weird novelty factor has worn off, especially since they have iPhones, stylists, and can talk to cameras without sounding like complete fools (think back to 14 kids and counting when the kids seemed seriously inbred and unable to speak properly, except for Josh who has always been a smug toad). There's nothing to watch it for anymore for me, unless its to see them neglect their kids (I heard about josie get smacked with a door here and on another write up), make grammar mistakes, and wear inappropriate attire. (for the record, in costa rica, we couldn't wear flip flops hiking because there are SNAKES and BUGS and ROCKS with tough terrain and our group wanted us to have feet at the end of the trip.)

I thought JB mentioned on one of last nights episodes that the "baby factory" might be slowing down, I almost felt like it was said to kind of warn people they wont be having more. Could've been my own interpretation.

They've been trying since Josie was born and the fact that she hasn't been able to conceive, is a HUGE message to them that their money train is about to stop at #19. Thank God.

Guest Anonymous
Ohhhhh. But the next episode jimbob is getting allergy testing! Color me excited to see what he is allergic to!

Anything resembling free thought.

I refuse to stop watching until another Duggar kid courts and marries. Jim Bob and Michelle better not keep them as SAHS and SAHD all their lives.

Well, it's not like marriage to another fundie is going to mean a better life, for the girls at least.

My reason for being fed up with the Duggars is that they preach how they "buy used, save the difference" bull shit, yet, live as if they're living the high life. Most people who are struggling financially, do not live in a huge house, with TLC paying for everything, so shut up with the whole "We're debt free and we shop at thrift stores!" We know that you're mooching off of TLC and enjoying every minute of it.

After watching the episode of Jason falling, I felt sick to my stomach. It was disgusting to see Josh walk next to Jason, who was in a stretcher, with his stupid iPhone, video taping it. I don't care what the fans say, they were filming all of this to gain viewers. If they just talked about it, not many people would be interested but throw in the clips of him in agony, boom, viewers.

In the beginning, their show was all about showing people how their faith drives them and how they handle such a large family but now it's turned into who can receive more attention. Their time is running up and I really hope the end is near with their show. I bet you the reason why Michelle and JB want another one is so they can continue with their show. If it's learned that she's pregnant with #20, you know viewers would want to watch every minute of it.

The Duggars are basically like any TLC reality family, they live the high life and get freebies but they won't acknowledge it. The Roloffs turned off viewers once Matt started doing numerous remodeling projects and the family was going on various trips. I have seen people on different message boards state that they did like the Duggars in the beginning but eventually they got annoyed with Duggars claiming to be shopping at thrift stores and being used things, but there is evidence that they aren't shopping at thrift stores or being used things all the time.

The Duggars' constant bragging about being debt free is pretty annoying because they are very smug about it and they don't realize that not everyone who is in debt made bad decisions. Without TLC, the Duggars would have some debt due to Josie's birth and Michelle's past health problems.

Ohhhhh. But the next episode jimbob is getting allergy testing! Color me excited to see what he is allergic to!

Michelle!!! :lol: No more "nooky nooky" Boob..... :clap:

Anything resembling free thought.[/quote

:lol: :clap:

Raising and taking care of his own kids.

I really agree. Like a PP said, it's the TLC pattern. It's what really started to make me ill about J&K (barf barf).

Archived