IGNORED

Young Living drama

love2scrap

I saw this earlier and just shook my head. I can’t stand MLMs and especially the oil ones. Many MLMs appeal to religious pror and we know fundies love MLMs. It’s just funny to see them all fighting and creating another satanic panic but won’t take off like it did in the 80s. Satan is so easy to blame for every problem in your life. What a perfect scapegoat for people who don’t think too hard. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

LOL I'm not surprised in the least that this has finally happened. I mean, using essential oils for things like "abundance" is straight up hoodoo and always has been. Which is not satanic, but still is the sort of thing to give fundies and evangelicals the vapors. 

How much difference is there between diffusing an oil meant to bring peace and happiness to your house and annointing a candle with oil meant to do the same thing? Not much, IMO. 

I like some essential oils for the smell, but I'll get them at a store rather than from an MLM. And if I want anything other than aromatherapy I'll go to Twilight Alchemy Lab and get some actual blends made by someone trained to make that stuff.

• Upvote 13

4 hours ago, love2scrap said:

Wonder what stacy thinks of it, since she just wrote her own oily book

Stacy is probably lying wide awake, sobbing inconsolably, as she sees her golden calf being slaughtered. 

YL ambassadors with hundreds of thousands of followers bailing out on YL, talking about darkness and demonic forces in the company, telling followers they are endangering their eternal salvation if they continue with YL, will make it incredibly hard for Stacy McD. to hang in there w/ YL and maintain her downline.  What to do what to do?

That these women are bailing out to join yet another MLM company?  Good grief. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

“The plants he gave us at Creation”? My doctor told me that many mainstream drugs are derived (or copied) from natural plant esters. (He mentioned this when I told him it seemed that hibiscus tea was having a beneficial effect on my blood pressure.)

• Upvote 9

It’s so strange that this book is the thing that has the YLers up in arms about satan and witchcraft, and not YL putting out blends for “abundance,” and “forgiveness,” and “purification.” I would think those would fall pretty strongly into witchcraft for your generic evangelical church-goer peddling oils. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 11

1 hour ago, Hane said:

“The plants he gave us at Creation”? My doctor told me that many mainstream drugs are derived (or copied) from natural plant esters. (He mentioned this when I told him it seemed that hibiscus tea was having a beneficial effect on my blood pressure.)

I had this exact discussion with someone a few weeks ago. He was wanting to try something "natural" for his kid with severe ADHD, rather than consider actual meds. He kept saying "but it's NATURAL!". "So is arsenic" was my response. 

It seems he, and many other people, think of mainstream medicine as just "chemicals" - forgetting that literally everything is a "chemical". Water is a chemical. The active ingredients in many/most medicines come from plants. They are often the same active ingredients you'd get in teas and oils. Except they are purified, measured, and quantified so you know exactly what you're taking and how much of it you are taking. 

"But they're not NATURAL!!1!"

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Lisa Pennington is also a big YL seller, although I don't think she has ascended to the lofty heights of some of the Gold Mane Dominatrix Madame Ambassadors.

1 hour ago, Columbia said:

It’s so strange that this book is the thing that has the YLers up in arms about satan and witchcraft, and not YL putting out blends for “abundance,” and “forgiveness,” and “purification.” I would think those would fall pretty strongly into witchcraft for your generic evangelical church-goer peddling oils. 

Brilliant point. They skate by under Heaven's banner of God-given natural woo...plus JESUS!!!!!

• Upvote 8

This must be why Queen Sproul is suddenly losing her mind about them. I'm pretty sure she hates them anyway, but this has given her something tangible to work with. 

Spoiler

1584898356_ScreenShot2022-02-19at4_51_40pm.thumb.png.b6ebd9d6d4b328bd15930feae0143cdd.png

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

Interesting that the initial YL rebels, the Vinings, abandoned YL for Modere. 

As it happens, a friendʻs daughter -- who is NOT fundie but is very new age -- abandoned her career of several years selling DoTerra to start pushing Modere about a year ago. That shit is EXPENSIVE. It makes YL look like a bargain.

According to the friendʻs daughter, it is also *not* an MLM, thank you very much -- itʻs social retail, which is much, much better. 🙄

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Interesting that the initial YL rebels, the Vinings, abandoned YL for Modere. 

As it happens, a friendʻs daughter -- who is NOT fundie but is very new age -- abandoned her career of several years selling DoTerra to start pushing Modere about a year ago. That shit is EXPENSIVE. It makes YL look like a bargain.

According to the friendʻs daughter, it is also *not* an MLM, thank you very much -- itʻs social retail, which is much, much better. 🙄

Social retail? I guess calling it network marketing is passé.

• Upvote 12

MLMs keep calling themselves something different but keep all the same practices. You can call a scam a charity all you want. It’s still a scam. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

23 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I had this exact discussion with someone a few weeks ago. He was wanting to try something "natural" for his kid with severe ADHD, rather than consider actual meds. He kept saying "but it's NATURAL!". "So is arsenic" was my response. 

I've had this discussion. I'm in favor of medication for ADHD. The number of neurotypical parents who do not understand the ADHD brain and think this woo or that woo or "more discipline" will "cure" them is insane. ADHD is natural, normal for some brains. Medications are made from ingredients found in nature. They aren't conjured up in some witch's caldron. Give me the damn chemicals so I can function like an almost "normal" human being. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 6

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

MLMs keep calling themselves something different but keep all the same practices. You can call a scam a charity all you want. It’s still a scam. 

If it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck…

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

15 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

That shit is EXPENSIVE. It makes YL look like a bargain.

So, useful to scrape more money off the downline?  

• Upvote 8

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You mean except a wide based shape, with a pointy narrow top, a thing built in Egypt for pharaohs, you know a pyramid scheme? 🤣

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 12

3 hours ago, Howl said:

So, useful to scrape more money off the downline?  

I suppose so but I am trying to imagine who has this kind of money, especially for sustained or subscription purchases. 

167507873_ModereShite.thumb.png.32efd6db69e2dce57ae253a60067fca3.png

The tall container on the left holds 15.9 oz, the middle box has three packets, and the pill container on the right has 90 capsules.

To see the alleged results, you have to consume the following quantities every month:

1086208019_HowtotakeModeresshite.thumb.png.c308def3d04f2fc4ce1e0dc8e0738b68.png

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 3

6 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

I suppose so but I am trying to imagine who has this kind of money, especially for sustained or subscription purchases. 

167507873_ModereShite.thumb.png.32efd6db69e2dce57ae253a60067fca3.png

The tall container on the left holds 15.9 oz, the middle box has three packets, and the pill container on the right has 90 capsules.

To see the alleged results, you have to consume the following quantities every month:

1086208019_HowtotakeModeresshite.thumb.png.c308def3d04f2fc4ce1e0dc8e0738b68.png

“Use in conjunction with a calorie-responsible meal plan and exercise.” 

Tell me your product doesn’t work without saying it doesn’t work. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

Caution: Three capsules contain 180 mg of caffeine...

So, caffeine.  I noodled about a little on line.  The main ingredient in Modere Trim is a specific form of CLA (conjugated linoleic acid), easily available on line or in the supplement section of places like Sprouts or Whole Foods.  Then, there's collagen and hyaluronic acid.  

It's a scam, y'all.  There's no magic. It's nice packaging, though, and somebody's making a LOT of money.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, Howl said:

So, caffeine.  I noodled about a little on line.  The main ingredient in Modere Trim is a specific form of CLA (conjugated linoleic acid), easily available on line or in the supplement section of places like Sprouts or Whole Foods.  Then, there's collagen and hyaluronic acid.  

It's a scam, y'all.  There's no magic. It's nice packaging, though, and somebody's making a LOT of money.  

And the Activate is basically just psyllium husks and pectin.

• Upvote 5

15 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

And the Activate is basically just psyllium husks and pectin.

So Activate activates...poop?   Y'all, I may be risking my health and well being, but I don't think I'll be signing up for Modere. 

TBH, essential oils sound (relatively!) more legit. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3