IGNORED

Young Living drama

love2scrap

42 minutes ago, Howl said:

So Activate activates...poop?

That seems to be the general concept with a lot of the MLM supplement & health regimes.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

17 hours ago, Howl said:

So Activate activates...poop?   Y'all, I may be risking my health and well being, but I don't think I'll be signing up for Modere. 

TBH, essential oils sound (relatively!) more legit. 

LOL! I have a new slogan they should be using:

"Modere... when you're old enough to need Metamucil, but still too hip to be seen drinking Metamucil."

Edited by Alisamer
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 27

On 2/18/2022 at 10:24 PM, Katzchen24 said:

This must be why Queen Sproul is suddenly losing her mind about them. I'm pretty sure she hates them anyway, but this has given her something tangible to work with. 

Hide contents

Another reason is that James and Stacy called out the Sprouls on Facebook for doing their Sacred Marriage trashings of Denise last year. (Was it last year? I've been following them for way too long, I think.)

• Upvote 3

On 2/19/2022 at 6:52 PM, Tankgirl36 said:

You mean except a wide based shape, with a pointy narrow top, a thing built in Egypt for pharaohs, you know a pyramid scheme? 🤣

I remember one Thanksgiving where my cousin was trying to explain his new "business venture" to the family. My dad finally barked at him that it wasn't a business - it was a pyramid scheme, to which my cousin replied earnestly - "It's not a pyramid. It's a circle!" You could visibly witness my father's hope for the future generations slowly drain out of his face. 

Doesn't Stacy have like half her kids involved in this oil thing? And wasn't there some sort of issue that had James leaving whatever he was doing to join up with her in her ventures? These people do seem to drop themselves in the shit every few years or so. Although, at least this "scandal" wasn't really self created. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, AnywhereButHere said:

Doesn't Stacy have like half her kids involved in this oil thing?

Yes, at least the older daughters are in her downline.

3 hours ago, AnywhereButHere said:

And wasn't there some sort of issue that had James leaving whatever he was doing to join up with her in her ventures?

According to a commenter in this archived James 'n Stacy thread, James was forced out of his position as a "pastor" at their church due to one of those inevitable power struggles seen in fundie churches. 

• Upvote 5

I just came across a tweet by Jen Gunter, MD, a gynecologist who has written The Vagina Bible.  To be succinct, Jen is the anti Goop, and lays it all out at her substack, The Vajenda.  Some one queried about Uquora.  Her response is truly everything you need to know about Modere, because Uquora uses the exact same approach.  You pay a lot of money for one effective ingredient that costs about $13/month.

"I saw an advertisement for a supplement called Uqora on TV. Is this a good product to prevent urinary tract infections (UTIs)?"  

Jen Gunter's  Short Take: Uqora is an expensive system of three different supplements that claims to prevent UTIs. It does contain one ingredient that has some supporting evidence, D-mannose. No other ingredient in Uqora is backed by robust science. I recommend just buying D-mannose for those who want to try it.  

Tell Me More: Jen provides science based information about UTI, recurring UTIs and breaks down what's in Uquora and why there's no reason to pay of $100/month when you can buy the one ingredient that works. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 8

3 hours ago, Howl said:

I just came across a tweet by Jen Gunter, MD, a gynecologist who has written The Vagina Bible.  To be succinct, Jen is the anti Goop, and lays it all out at her substack, The Vajenda.  Some one queried about Uquora.  Her response is truly everything you need to know about Modere, because Uquora uses the exact same approach.  You pay a lot of money for one effective ingredient that costs about $13/month.

"I saw an advertisement for a supplement called Uqora on TV. Is this a good product to prevent urinary tract infections (UTIs)?"  

Jen Gunter's  Short Take: Uqora is an expensive system of three different supplements that claims to prevent UTIs. It does contain one ingredient that has some supporting evidence, D-mannose. No other ingredient in Uqora is backed by robust science. I recommend just buying D-mannose for those who want to try it.  

Tell Me More: Jen provides science based information about UTI, recurring UTIs and breaks down what's in Uquora and why there's no reason to pay of $100/month when you can buy the one ingredient that works. 

You’ve reminded me to buy more!  1,000 thanks. 

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Howl said:

[Quote from Dr. Jen Gunter] I recommend just buying D-mannose for those who want to try it.  

Hadn't heard of this. For years, on my physician's advice, I've taken cranberry supplements to ward off UTIs, which seems to work. Also, minimizing the intake of irritants like caffeine & alcohol while maintaining water consumption probably help.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Stacy McDonald is not a nice person, according this recent comment at the Spinderella Sproul blog:

When James McDonald left the pastorate I was happy. Not that he was all that big a danger to the church. At least not on the massive threat level that RC is. But James' wife Stacy is quite the piece of work. As a preacher's wife she used her elevated status to hurt a lot of people. Stacy McDonald is an awful lot like Lisa Sproul. Both women are narcissistic preachy know it alls. They live to judge and condemn everyone who doesn't do things their way. Their way is God's way because, well, they're special and just always know. Being preacher's wives makes them better than the rest of us. There are good pastor's wives and there are bad ones. Narcissistic women make for horrible pastor wives. The church is much safer now that James McDonald left the pastorate. He and Stacy can't do much harm peddling essential oils. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2