IGNORED

Remember Kimi Thomas' kids? (Fencingmama)

keepercjr

So I worry about this family because Kimi lives in the same town as me.  I haven't looked her up in a while but decided to do some digging today.  Of course she is still basically wiped off the internet.  But I did find and friend the oldest on facebook (Sissy).  Without divulging too much personal info about her, she has graduated highschool and job corps (including getting several certificates in things like microsoft word), lives on her own (possibly with a roommate) and has a job!  She had a series of people who loved and supported her through everything.  If fills me with rage at what Kimi has done to those children in her care.  She had the world convinced that they were all developmentally delayed.  When people tried to help her, she got mad at them and claimed they had no idea what she goes through.  She abused them.  She kept them from people who were mandated reporters and didn't get them any of the help they were entitled to through the school district.  I am still worried sick that the others could still be in her care.  I am so glad Sissy made it out and can have a life with a "family" she can make on her own. 

• Upvote 20
  • Thank You 11
  • Love 6

JFC Kimmi told everyone that Sissi was in an adult care home for mentally underdeveloped people…that she was extremely handicapped. I remember a bunch of stories that Sissi was rifling through Kimmi’s papers for information about what was going to happen to her and going online to search stuff. That struck me as completely  normal behavior. I think Kimmi resented her and started the stories about how the adoption agency lied to her and Sissi was mentally handicapped.

• Upvote 10

I don't know these people, but tell Sissy she is welcome here if she would like some place to talk about what she went through.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Yea it is terrible!  Trying to contact friends back in China online on QQ, going through Kimmi's papers to try to find info, are not signs of developmental disability!  Kimmi thrived on the sympathy she got from others online who didn't doubt what she was saying.  Kimmi tried to get Sissy under a conservatorship when she was 18 and withdrew the petition a few weeks later (I think someone here in town stepped in to take Sissy).  Once she got away from mommy dearest she thrived as she had nobody trying to hold her back and telling her she isn't smart.  She had people who cheered her on and encouraged her. 

6 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I don't know these people, but tell Sissy she is welcome here if she would like some place to talk about what she went through.

Read through the "Adoptive mothers" threads to learn more about this family.  The sad part is that Kimmi wiped almost any trace of herself off the internet so it is impossible to check in on them and see how they are doing.  She had a blog that she updated regularly with her "struggles" with the girls she adopted from China.  It was clear to many of us that she was abusing them.

Edited by keepercjr
  • Upvote 12

24 minutes ago, keepercjr said:

Yea it is terrible!  Trying to contact friends back in China online on QQ, going through Kimmi's papers to try to find info, are not signs of developmental disability!  Kimmi thrived on the sympathy she got from others online who didn't doubt what she was saying.  Kimmi tried to get Sissy under a conservatorship when she was 18 and withdrew the petition a few weeks later (I think someone here in town stepped in to take Sissy).  Once she got away from mommy dearest she thrived as she had nobody trying to hold her back and telling her she isn't smart.  She had people who cheered her on and encouraged her. 

Read through the "Adoptive mothers" threads to learn more about this family.  The sad part is that Kimmi wiped almost any trace of herself off the internet so it is impossible to check in on them and see how they are doing.  She had a blog that she updated regularly with her "struggles" with the girls she adopted from China.  It was clear to many of us that she was abusing them.

Damn, she wiped the blog? I’m gonna miss all those pictures of cat puke and horribly made dresses. Remember how she also infantilized Jimi? Kimmi kept giving her baby dolls, even for her 14th birthday, saying that was what she wanted. No. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Green bean satan said:

Damn, she wiped the blog? I’m gonna miss all those pictures of cat puke and horribly made dresses. Remember how she also infantilized Jimi? Kimmi kept giving her baby dolls, even for her 14th birthday, saying that was what she wanted. No. 

Yea her blog went private a few years ago.  I suspect it was wiped too.  No mention of her username (fencingmama) used after she went dark.  She used to comment on other adoption blogs and such.

I wish I knew Jie Jie’s real name.  I know Kimmi accidentally showed a certificate she got once that had her real name on it but I don’t know what it was.  The only court records under Kimmi’s name are regarding Sissy and 1 traffic ticket.  I don’t even know if Kimmi is still living here in my town anymore since there are no records online to indicate she even existed in the first place.  

• Upvote 4

@keepercjr I moved this to Snark- you did not have to post in the archives with this update!

• Upvote 3

I vaguely remember this woman. 

This is beyond horrible. 

Can someone refresh me on how many girls she adopted and if there was a bio kid or two as well? 

I hope Sissi can be a lifeline to any child remaining in the home to get them away from a mentally ill adoptive mother. 

Note: China has relaxed their one child policy and are currently allowing either two- or three-child families. (Uighurs will likely be subject to abortions and forced sterilization.)

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, Howl said:

Can someone refresh me on how many girls she adopted and if there was a bio kid or two as well? 

No bio kids. She adopted "Jie jie," first, a little girl with a lot of medical problems first. She heard that if she adopted a disabled child, she'd be more likely to get a baby. Then he agency asked her to take "Sissy" and so they went back to China. "Blossom" was basically dropped off on her porch. Then "Apple," the baby she wanted so badly. No bio kids. 

There is a screenshot of a very disturbing post kimi left on someone else's blog in 2015 on the other thread.. She shut down her blog. I figured out her boyfriend and her broke up on one of the other threads, and that she filed for conservatorship for "sissy"  but was denied. 

I don't have time for Kimi today. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

What amazed me is that the fireman boyfriend stayed with her as long as he did.  Wouldn't he be a mandatory reporter? Surely he had to have some indication that she was abusing those kids.

• Upvote 8

4 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

What amazed me is that the fireman boyfriend stayed with her as long as he did.  Wouldn't he be a mandatory reporter? Surely he had to have some indication that she was abusing those kids.

It looks like yes, a firefighter is a mandated reporter.  However he was with Kimmi and maybe believed her about the kids being developmentally delayed? Or he just wanted to stay out of it?  Or maybe he did report and She fooled CPS since the kids all have basic necessities met and they could deny any abuse happened?  I have a family member who is a social worker for CPS and I want to ask him about her so badly but honestly I can’t stand him and would never willingly have a conversation with him (not to mention he probably couldn’t tell me anyway).

According to the interwebs, Kimmi’s house has not been sold since she bought it.  However it shows some weird association with some kind of addiction recovery program.  I do wonder if she moved and rented it out?  I can hardly imagining her running some kind of sober living situation.  Or there is just a mixup and it was never used for that?

• Upvote 3

Firefighter did a lot of stuff with and for the girls. It is shame he did not stick around. I really wonder if Apple is going to end up with the most issues despite Kimmie’s wishful thinking. She has some obvious physical disabilities I worried that Apple would end up being the biggest disappointment for Kimmie in the long run because she was such the favorite. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Firefighter did a lot of stuff with and for the girls. It is shame he did not stick around. I really wonder if Apple is going to end up with the most issues despite Kimmie’s wishful thinking. She has some obvious physical disabilities I worried that Apple would end up being the biggest disappointment for Kimmie in the long run because she was such the favorite. 

I think she may end up with psychological issues for sure as the "golden child".  Apert's doesn't seem to affect cognitive ability as long as the brain is given room to grow in the skull.  She has physical disabilities but that may play right into Kimi's wheelhouse (sympathies for MOMMY).  Someone on the first "jerk adoption" thread said she suspected Munchhausen by Proxy as it relates to intellectual disability (can't remember the exact wording). 

It doesn't appear Sissy has any contact with her adoptive mother.  Kimmi did have a facebook page a while back (she was in one of the local homeschooling groups I was in) but did not seem very active on it.  I wish there was some way to check in on the kids there :(

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, keepercjr said:

I think she may end up with psychological issues for sure as the "golden child".  Apert's doesn't seem to affect cognitive ability as long as the brain is given room to grow in the skull.  She has physical disabilities but that may play right into Kimi's wheelhouse (sympathies for MOMMY).  Someone on the first "jerk adoption" thread said she suspected Munchhausen by Proxy as it relates to intellectual disability (can't remember the exact wording). 

It doesn't appear Sissy has any contact with her adoptive mother.  Kimmi did have a facebook page a while back (she was in one of the local homeschooling groups I was in) but did not seem very active on it.  I wish there was some way to check in on the kids there :(

I actually missed the diagnosis! Thanks! 

Any idea how she is making money? I assume the daycare is closed. 

I wonder if she is still hording clothes from Gymboree? 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Firefighter did a lot of stuff with and for the girls. It is shame he did not stick around.

I 100% think he was like "uh, i already raised my kids and this isn't what I want."  Plus he's clearly a Trumper who isn't very informed but just got angry when someone told him to be angry about minorities or something. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Any idea how she is making money? I assume the daycare is closed. 

I wonder if she is still hording clothes from Gymboree? 

Yea as far as I can tell no daycare.  I think she stopped taking in kids when her blog was still active.  I am assuming she was getting SSI money for each kid as they were all "disabled" according to her.  Maybe it was mostly enough to get by if she didn't have much of a house payment.  But this brings me back to the addiction treatment stuff that is tied to her address.  It appears to no longer be a thing but maybe she was renting out rooms (hard to believe that) or she moved out and rented it to them?  Or who knows.  A lack of internet footprint leaves a lot to the imagination.  Meanwhile, Sissy appears to be gainfully employed.  First at an airport (was pictured in a uniform and had a tablet in her hand) and now maybe as some kind of health care job (looks like scrubs).  I don't know where she currently lives but it isn't California.  She moved away almost immediately after the conservatorship stuff happened in court. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Mandated reporter requirements can vary by state.  In my state, I'm a mandated reporter for anything encountered in the course of performing my job duties.  If I'm not in my professional capacity, then I'm not mandated.  I don't know what state they lived in so not sure what legal obligations he would have had there, but you can have someone who is mandated in some situations and not in others.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

So glad to hear Sissy is thriving! Thanks for sharing that info.

Perhaps Kimmie decided to leave town after the attempt for a conservatorship failed. She seemed to need semi-public affirmations that she was always doing her best — hence her displeasure when her Bishop spoke to her about how she treated the children. Maybe she decided to head to less familiar pastures where she wouldn’t be known. 
Sigh. Hope the other girls are doing okay. Yet another case which makes me long for more observation of and support for families with international adoptions.  
Who is out there to report what’s happening with the girls now? If anything, she’s decided to go even more covert with her actions, as though homeschooling and being around them 24/7 weren’t isolating enough. Hope they find someone to advocate for them besides Mummy Dearest.

• Upvote 5

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2021 at 5:27 AM, keepercjr said:

So I worry about this family because Kimi lives in the same town as me.  I haven't looked her up in a while but decided to do some digging today.  Of course she is still basically wiped off the internet.  But I did find and friend the oldest on facebook (Sissy).  Without divulging too much personal info about her, she has graduated highschool and job corps (including getting several certificates in things like microsoft word), lives on her own (possibly with a roommate) and has a job!  She had a series of people who loved and supported her through everything.  If fills me with rage at what Kimi has done to those children in her care.  She had the world convinced that they were all developmentally delayed.  When people tried to help her, she got mad at them and claimed they had no idea what she goes through.  She abused them.  She kept them from people who were mandated reporters and didn't get them any of the help they were entitled to through the school district.  I am still worried sick that the others could still be in her care.  I am so glad Sissy made it out and can have a life with a "family" she can make on her own. 

I am so happy with that update!!!

I always had a feeling that Sissy would do much better out of that house. Sissy was capable of arranging e-mail communication between her orphanage and Kimmie, go on QQ, use Google Translate, go through Kimmie's documents etc - she was definitely NOT the person Kimmie described!!!

Is there any chance we can get updates about Sissy's sisters? Does she post photos with the other sisters from time to time? It would be awful if Kimmie stopped her from contacting the sisters...

I don't remember reading about the conservatorship or the Firefighter being a Trumper on the blog, is there another source?

Kimmie was one of my most hated fundies. Narcissism was strong in that one...

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1

• 2 months later...

I'm only just found this thread, but I'm glad Sissy is doing great!

I hope the others too. I wonder about Blossom, since Kimmi didn't seem top fond of her.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Sissy isn’t very active on Facebook but she does post occasionally.  The latest is that she is engaged!  However in the comments she is saying she doesn’t think she will marry him.  There is a lot of naivety with her but honestly it is to be expected.  

Unfortunately zero mention of her sisters or adoptive mother.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

I just looked up the court records again and one of Sissy’s Facebook friends who comments in her posts is the attorney who represented her in court during  the conservatorship grab by Kimi.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think Kimi is using a fake name on Facebook and commented on Sissy’s engagement post.  I will paraphrase the exchange

“Kimi”:  Sissy, do you remember Kimi Thomas?  She contacted me recently asking how you are doing.

Sissy:  this may sound hurtful to you but I don’t know who that is (said in the “I don’t want to talk about her” way).  

“Kimi”: she is your adopted mother from California.  I can’t believe you forgot about her

Sissy: and....? She is not an important person to me, so I forgot about her. I know that may sound really harsh and hurtful.  People who you don't care about will be out of your life, which means they are not important part of your life.

”Kimi: (not getting the hint) wow okay. Kimi was the one who brought you to the United States and gave you a better life.

“Kimi”: Sissy do you ever want to rebuild the relationship with with your adopted mom Kimi?

seriously that has to be Kimi right??  She has no profile picture and no info on her page and that was how Kimi’s profile on Facebook was like a while ago when she was in the same homeschooling Facebook group as me.

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 9
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, keepercjr said:

I think Kimi is using a fake name on Facebook and commented on Sissy’s engagement post.  I will paraphrase the exchange

“Kimi”:  Sissy, do you remember Kimi Thomas?  She contacted me recently asking how you are doing.

Sissy:  this may sound hurtful to you but I don’t know who that is (said in the “I don’t want to talk about her” way).  

“Kimi”: she is your adopted mother from California.  I can’t believe you forgot about her

Sissy: and....? She is not an important person to me, so I forgot about her. I know that may sound really harsh and hurtful.  People who you don't care about will be out of your life, which means they are not important part of your life.

”Kimi: (not getting the hint) wow okay. Kimi was the one who brought you to the United States and gave you a better life.

“Kimi”: Sissy do you ever want to rebuild the relationship with with your adopted mom Kimi?

seriously that has to be Kimi right??  She has no profile picture and no info on her page and that was how Kimi’s profile on Facebook was like a while ago when she was in the same homeschooling Facebook group as me.

It also could be a former follower of her mom trying to get the gossip unfortunately.

Edited by llucie
corrections
  • Upvote 8