MayMay1123

does anyone have any  experience with intermittent fasting? i started last week with 18/6, eating only from noon until 6 p.m. and have lost 4 pounds! being careful with what i'm eating, of course, but not really too different than when i was dieting before IF. i'm with 5 pounds of my goal, having lost 17 pounds since jan.1, but i may lower it as i'm still not happy with the way i look. plus i'm trying very hard to get my a1c down from 7, it hasn't been that high since my first blood work almost 6 years ago.

this forum's been quiet for a bit...how are you all doing?

I haven't done official intermittent fasting, but I'm back to writing down what/when I eat.  I've discovered one of my problems is I forget when I last ate, so it's been very helpful to jot it down.   My clothes are feeling just a little bit looser, but I haven't stepped on a scale, so maybe have lost five pounds.  I continue to walk every day and mix in some exercises* to get stronger.

You appear to be doing marvelously well.  Good luck!

*The book I'm using is "Stay Fit for Life," which has great photographs.  I pick an exercise of the day to try something new in addition to my usual low-key workout.

Archived