IGNORED

Current knitting projects

WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

Hey y'all! Does anyone have any current or finished knitting projects to share? I was a pretty frequent knitter before we had kids, but I've never really consistently kept up with my projects since then. I have spurts of knitting, then I go dry again. 

I'm trying to get in the habit of knitting at least a bit each school day. Right now I'm working on a few dishcloths for a niece. 20181017_013744.thumb.jpg.1493f9da004fc157747c290d189f6883.jpg

The two white dishcloths are Sugar 'n' Cream cotton yarn and the blue one is Red Heart Scrubby yarn. It's the polyester version of the Scrubby. I have some cotton Scrubby, but I haven't tried it yet. I made 2 scrubby dishcloths for myself, and I like them so far. The yarn doesn't show any texture in the knit, so plain squares seem best for it.

I also have a twin sized afghan and 3 or 4 baby afghans started, but I don't have any pictures. One of these days I need to get brave and knit a sweater. :my_biggrin:

• 4 weeks later...

Yay! I finished a couple more things! I started and finished a simple hat for my oldest. It's just a basic pattern, but the color matches her new winter coat. 

Side view:

20181030_202026.thumb.jpg.a2d25076bcc91ad5d0f579a66656fda4.jpg

View from the top:

20181030_201917.thumb.jpg.c0f2053bdd221f9007f48bd97059922e.jpg

Today I finished a scarf (for my new-ish winter coat) that I started last winter.

Spoiler

20181108_162029.thumb.jpg.1d3f02d0bc036e15fa169831c319cf06.jpg

My coat is gray and black on the outside, but the inner part is similar to the color of the scarf. I've decided that the coat has more of a robin's egg blue color, and the scarf is more of a light mint green color, but it still works. The stripes are actually gray, but I had a hard time getting the colors kind of right in the pic. 

My youngest wants a pair of orange and blue mittens next. I guess it's good to be in demand. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm drowning in PhDs, a neverending garter stitch sweater for my niece, a sweater for me, a scarf for a friend, another for my sister. And I have some samples to knit for my LYS where I will be teaching classes next year. 

Archived