IGNORED

Bay of Fundy Site

luckylassie

I was googling and found a thread on TWOP from some years back. Anyway, there was a link to a site called bay of fundy where a poster identified as Sara claims to have known the Duggars through the home school conferences. I'm usually skeptical about posts like this but this one basically confirmed what we already know. Here are some things the post (basically) restated( I think it was written in 2006):

Michelle screams at her kids all the time

when she is not screaming, she is in her bedroom while the girls work the day away

she is NOT anywhere near sweet and soft spoken in real life

dressing all of the kids in matching clothing is not just a way that Michelle keeps tabs on her blessings, it is a supposed method of making the kids feel different. Like they are set apart from all of the rest

Michelle encourages other moms to follow the matching dress code thing too

Josh (at the time of the writing) was said to be engaged for two years which is mathmatically correct. Anna and Josh's site said that they met in 2006 and the wedding was in 2008 so the two years is accurate.

Nothing new or exciting but interesting none the less. I would not be surprised if those girls are truly brow beaten and depressed as hell. Their mother IMO cares nothing for them after they are not breastfeeding.

Josh and Anna were not engaged for two years. They didn't get engaged until Anna's 20th birthday, the two of them were only engaged for a few months. I don't know about the others, but I do remember hearing that Josh was engaged once before Anna.

oops...sorry about the mix up from my post. I remember now that Josh and Anna were NOT engaged until her birthday episode.

any quotes or links for the new people who aren't "in the know"?

I googled and I don't know if this is it: http://www.bay-of-fundie.com/ New and interesting fact: there is a Bay of Fundy in what looks like France (or somewhere French-speaking) that came up in my Google search.

The actual Bay of Fundy is in Canada, between New Bruswick and Nova Scotia. It has the largest tidal changes in the world.

Some fundie just had a honeymoon there not long ago with lots of pictures. I don't remember who it was, but someone posted a link here and I peeked...

It was the rather unusual maiden who went there on her honeymoon. I can't remeber her name. Rebecca maybe? My mom met Michelle back before the epic amount of kids and being famous and she remembers her screaming a lot and not being all baby voiced all the time. This was at an ATI conference so all the older kids were off in the age appropriate classes and Michelle stuck with the very young ones.

Archived