IGNORED

What Did the National Enquirer Know and When Did They Know It?

AmazonGrace

I would like to know what percentage of profits came from blackmailing people. Was the revenue from subscriptions and supermarket checkout lines just gravy for them? 

Asked and answered: National Enquirer knew everything and 20 years ago 

• 3 months later...

image.png.3122b0f2814e282d071ac7063b24dafc.png

Is this why so many gophers have been recently saying that election finance laws are stupid and nobody needs to abide by them. 

• 1 month later...

Re: Jeff Bezos blackmail, National Enquirer threatened Ronan Farrow and AP reporters too 

Someone subpoena the hell out of everyone involved with AMI

There's a lot of shit they'd find.

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Someone subpoena the hell out of everyone involved with AMI

Glad that Bezos isn't going along with it.  I've been following the MSNBC coverage and am very interested to see how this plays out.  I suspect some people associated with the National Enquirer are very unhappy right now.

Staff meeting:  

"So guys,  who else could we mess with?"

"It needs to be someone famous."

"It needs to be someone vulnerable."

"Jeff Bezos? He runs the Amazon Washington Post."

"Cool. He's only the richest man on the planet, no way he can afford to sue us into oblivion."

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Staff meeting:  "Jeff Bezos? He runs the Amazon Washington Post."

"Cool. He's only the richest man on the planet, no way he can afford to sue us into oblivion."

I tweeted this yesterday: 

I have a feeling that a subscription to the National Enquirer may be a available through Amazon Prime pretty soon, with all new content and a focus on stories buried in the past.

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

If true, wow. 

Gov of which country?

I keep going back to Kushner, his security clearance and his extremely cozy relationship to MBS.  Some outlets are including the MBS angle, and some are strictly focused on the extortion angle over Bezos' affair with Lauren Sanchez.  

20 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I saw on Twitter that the National Enquirer website is hosted on.....Amazon. lol

Priceless! 

We're all getting a legal education on the difference between blackmail and extortion, and when either rises to the level of a criminal act(s).  

Also, twitter is melting down over how heroic Bezos is to fight back.  He's also just another asshole who had an extramarital affair that ended up torching and humiliating his wife in the most public way possible.  His kids (three sons and a daughter) are surely not immune from reading about it, not to mention the husband and child of his mistress.   So, yeah, heroic, but for the wrong reason.  

It seems like pretty bad strategy to publish the mistress story to begin with. Once the affair got revealed and he got divorced and lost all that divorce settlement money already Bezos has much  less to lose for saying, go ahead publish those dick pics or be damned. Now that he's single (or is the affair still ongoing?) he might be sending more of those anyway so it saves him some time.

So, just back from Twitter.  Two people that I follow, one who has a background in FBI/CIA/Security and one who is a Saudi expat, are speculating in fairly fine grained detail, that the hacks of Bezos' phone could have come from Saudi/UAE hackers.  Saudis have some of the world's best hackers and the UAE has hired ex-NSA cyber security people to work for them.  Both tweeters emphasize that this is all highly speculative, but that there too many interconnected nodes to ignore in this story. 

MBS hated Khashoggi, who went to work for WaPo last year about the time that MBS wanted to put a bullet in his head.  Also,  Kushner, MBS' BFF,  contemplated buying the National Enquirer at one point awhile back.  Trump is defending MBS by not acting on the Magnitsky deadlines. Both MBS and Trump hate WaPo.  

Also, to make things weirder, the brother of Bezos' mistress, Lauren Sanchez',  has connections to Carter Page and Roger Stone.  Lauren's soon to be ex-husband is a Hollywood power player in his own right. 

David Pecker might have just let loose apocalyptic forces that will destroy him, his paper, DJT, Kushner, MBS...... Lordy, may there be copies of the possibly destroyed National Enquirer blackmail archives. 

I hope Bezos is now playing a long game, and totally takes down the entire criminal enterprise that is the National Enquirer. 

3 hours ago, Howl said:

Lordy, may there be copies of the possibly destroyed National Enquirer blackmail archives. 

We all know that any blackmailer worth their salt has more than one copy of their material. As Pecker seems to have made a pretty fortune off of the blackmail and/or extortion of celebrities and other VIP's, you can be assured that he has multiple copies of everything. 

Remember the tape of Cohen and Trump discussing the need for an LLC to pay off the National Enquirer for the seek and kill of the Summer Daniels story? In it they say it's necessary to pay up soon, because who knows what might happen if he [Pecker] were to be run over by a bus before they are able to pay him. 

Side note on the tape: in it, Cohen say he's spoken to Allen Weisselberg (Trump org CFO) about the payments. Weisselberg is also a cooperating witness in the Mueller investigation.

Wow, this is getting tres interesting.  Nothing creates family unity like sibling betrayal. As my best friend says, more will be revealed.  However, as the article noted, no one has confirmed that Michael Sanchez is the e-mail leaker and Sanchez isn't saying. 

Gosh, I hope that the Enquirer loses it's immunity from prosecution, which I'm sure is Bezos' angle for turning over all of his investigator's findings, via attorneys, who I'm sure will create a report full of prosecutable  information. 

And, if Bezos sues, discovery could be a hoot. I'm also hoping that Bezos doesn't stop until the Enquirer is burned to the ground. 

Archived