IGNORED

Georgia state rep wants to quarantine people with HIV

iweartanktops

The lawmaker wife of former Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price asked this week whether the government could quarantine people with HIV to limit transmission of the virus that causes AIDS.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/20/tom-betty-price-quarantine-hiv-people-244003?lo=ap_f1

Why are people this stupid?! :angry-banghead::angry-banghead::angry-banghead:

From the article:

"I don’t want to say the quarantine word, but I guess I just said it,” Price said during the meeting, which was videotaped.

"Is there an ability, since I would guess that public dollars are expended heavily in prophylaxis and treatment of this condition," she said. "So we have a public interest in curtailing the spread. What would you advise, or are there any methods legally that we could do, that would curtail the spread?”

Gee, maybe we could put more effort into educating people who are at a higher risk of contracting HIV? More effort into providing condoms, clean needles, or whatever it takes to change the practices that are leading to transmission of the virus? I don't know what is causing Georgia to have the 5th highest rate of new cases of HIV, but wouldn't finding out why the rate of transmission is high be a good first step to changing things? 

Or maybe we could just start quarantining stupid politicians?

I think we need a Bonnie and Clyde award with this administration. This arrogant woman and her private-jettin' husband would definitely be nominated. Also Jared and Ivanka.

This woman has an MD after her name and used to be a practicing Anesthesiologist. It boggles the mind that this idiocy could possibly come out of the mouth of someone with that background.

My sister lives in Georgia and quite some time ago had told that this woman is f***ing crazy.

Her line of "thinking" was debunked decades ago.

I missed you, too, @iweartanktops! Glad to see you back! :romance-heartsmiley:

If we quarantine stupid politicians, maybe we could let them out if they can pass a logic and/or empathy test? There might be one or two redeemable ones. I'd hate to leave anyone redeemable in with 45. :mouse-shock:

15 hours ago, iweartanktops said:

Why are people this stupid?! :angry-banghead::angry-banghead::angry-banghead:

I'd bet cash money that not even God knows why people are this stupid.

Archived