IGNORED

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

47of74

Episode VIII has an official name now...

yahoo.com/tech/star-wars-last-jedi-official-name-episode-viii-162509169.html

Holster those blasters. Turn off your lightsaber. Something important has just happened. The powers that be at Disney and Lucasfilm have decided to reveal the full name for Star Wars: Episode VIII today, which graces movie theaters on December 15th, 2017. Ready? The Last Jedi. Yep, that's it. We know little else about the movie, other than it'll feature one mister Luke Skywalker and the new generation of galactic butt-kicking heroes, Rey, Finn and Poe. Oh, and presumably the angst-ridden Kylo Ren will show up too. If you're keeping count, there's just 326 more days to wait...

Hmmmmm.... I hope it'll suprise us in a good way, "Force Awakens" was a little disappointing to me, with all those stories recycled from the original trilogy (how many giant planet-like weapons does a kid from a sandy planet destroy huh?). I have high hopes for Kylo Ren, he seemed to me as the most interesting character in the film (I liked Finn too, Rey was a bit Mary Sue-ish I guess?). I do LOVE "Rogue one", good storytelling there, and my favourite Mads Mikkelsen!!!!

I texted the title to my boyfriend and he hates it. I don't mind it very much, I just hope the plot won't be very literal, if you know what I mean... I'm tired of lazy plot devices and easy ways out (I'm looking at you Sherlock season 4 writers!!!!!!!!!!!! :( )

PS Sorry for the ramble, I get excited about the pop culture sometimes...

• 11 months later...

Went and saw Last Jedi again today at the local independent theater - which is being forced out of business come January 2 because the property owner would rather have a corporate chain in there.  Enjoyed it just as much as I did the first time.

Archived