IGNORED

Some retro child training advice

Rodolphe

1986 tape from Cheri Peters

The last 15 minutes of this video is awful. She talks about taking down the diaper of a toddler and "whipping her fanny".She also says that the offense of lying would result in her child having black and blue marks for days.

She was also a white supremeist. She said cherished and honored by the one man God has given to rule over her. ... God never intended for anyone but a white Christian male to make decisions."

I get the feeling this kind of thing will become popular again

She is batshit crazy.  She talks about beating her son until he was "black and blue for days" and hitting a 6 month old toddler ( <---yes, this idiot thinks a 6 month old is a toddler).

She belongs in prison like the child abusing criminal she is.  

She has a Facebook, and it appears she has steady visits with her grandchild.  So disturbing.

12 minutes ago, Koala said:

She is batshit crazy.  She talks about beating her son until he was "black and blue for days" and hitting a 6 month old toddler ( <---yes, this idiot thinks a 6 month old is a toddler).

She belongs in prison like the child abusing criminal she is.  

She has a Facebook, and it appears she has steady visits with her grandchild.  So disturbing.

That's a different person on FB. This one died of cancer in 1998.

Oh!  So glad you said that, because I was horrified that she had access to more children to abuse.  

How did you find this one and her story?  I've never heard of her.  

The one in the video was married to Pete Peters, who was a big deal white supremacist, part of the Christian Identity group and connected to the The Order and other neo-Nazi militants. Jews are evil and run everything, and black and brown people don't have souls. He gave Cheri credit for coming up with a lot of his best fund-raising and movement-building ideas.

Nice folks all around.

Reminds me of a letter I ran across in the Ask Amy archives:. A man told Amy she was "nuts" for thinking spanking kids is wrong and doesn't work. Amy responded with something like "spanking MUST work, because all of its advocates are always so angry."

The rampant physical and emotional abuse (coupled with medical, educational, social, emotional, and physical neglect) of so many Fundy children is what makes me angry enough to spend time reading and posting about them. A lot of things about fundies are gross and wrong, but its the child abuse that really sticks with me. How can people who profess to be so family centric be such monsters to their children?

Not to let the white supremacy slide. 

1 minute ago, BackseatMom said:

The rampant physical and emotional abuse (coupled with medical, educational, social, emotional, and physical neglect) of so many Fundy children is what makes me angry enough to spend time reading and posting about them. A lot of things about fundies are gross and wrong, but its the child abuse that really sticks with me. How can people who profess to be so family centric be such monsters to their children?

Not to let the white supremacy slide. 

Being that my kids and grandkids are various colors, none of them white, they would lose either way. (Just in case there are white supremacist fundies out there who are nice to their children.)

5 hours ago, BackseatMom said:

How can people who profess to be so family centric be such monsters to their children?

Because they equate being baby/pregnancy-centric with being family-centric? Quantity of kids over quality of relationships.

Because they see fear as being the same thing as obedience? Though that isn't unique to super religious people.

Archived