IGNORED

Gay Soldier Booed at FOX GOP debate-Santorum Cheered

Austin

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestof ... ?hpt=hp_c2

A videotaped question from a soldier deployed to Iraq who asked the candidates what would happen under any of their presidencies, "Do you intend to circumvent the progress that's been made for gay and lesbian soldiers in the military?"

[Crowd boos.]

Santorum:

"Yeah. . .uh. . . I would say that any type of sexual activity has absolutely no place in the military and the fact that they're making a point to include it as a provision within the military that we are going to recognize a group of people and give them a special privilege to. . . uh. . . in removing 'don't ask-don't tell', I think tries to inject social policy into the military and the military's job is to do one thing and that is to defend our country. . ."

[Crowd starts cheering.]

Santorum, continuing above growing cheers:

". . .and we need to give the military which is all volunteer the ability to do so in a way that is most efficient in protecting our men and women in uniform and I believe this undermines that ability".

So how did that answer the soldier's question, exactly?

No wonder this is one of the top search results for Santorum in Google:

http://spreadingsantorum.com/

edited for wrong word

Do I really want someone in office who is concerned with who are soldiers are shagging? No. No, I don't. I don't care who they shag. I care that they come home safe, that they have the benefits they paid for with their service and that they are given an environment where they can do their jobs without having to LIE.

I also click that link often so it stays on top of google rankings. He brought it on himself.

Santorum whined and bitched and moaned earlier this week about what comes up first when you search his name on Google. It must have chapped his hide to be at a debate sponsored by Google.

Of course, Santorum is dumber than a box of rocks and doesn't understand the difference between a Google bomb and a redefinition of a word that just happens to be his last name. Here, this guy explains it better than I could:

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/ ... hp?ref=fpb

(interview with Danny Sullivan, editor of SearchEngineLand)

ObOriginalPost: and yes, I think Santorum's an obnoxious, babbling jackass for not accepting those soldiers who happen to be gay or lesbian and in the military. F*ck off, Rick.

These crowds at these tea party/GOP (is there a difference any more?) debates are disturbing. Last time it was yelling from the crowd to let a 30-year-old guy die because he dropped his health insurance, and this time, booing a US soldier, who they claim to respect so much (as long as he isn't teh gay).

Two other candidates later called the crowd's behavior "unfortunate". Yeah, that's who your base is, GOP candidates.

A videotaped question from a soldier deployed to Iraq who asked the candidates what would happen under any of their presidencies, "Do you intend to circumvent the progress that's been made for gay and lesbian soldiers in the military?"

[Crowd boos.]

Santorum: "Yeah. . .uh. . . I would say that any type of sexual activity has absolutely no place in the military and the fact that they're making a point to include it as a provision within the military that we are going to recognize a group of people and give them a special privilege to. . . uh. . . in removing 'don't ask-don't tell', I think tries to suggest social policy into the military and the military's job is to do one thing and that is to defend our country. . ."

[Crowd starts cheering.]

Wow, somebody better tell all those married service members that their sex lives have no place in the military, and the mindless drones better damn well be thinking about "defending our country" at all times. I love how he trails off after "a special privilege". A special privilege to do what? To talk about your partner with your co-workers when there's a relevant conversation? To bring him/her to military functions where spouses/dates are welcome? Oh right, that's not a special priv, it's just the same as what everyone else can do :roll:

I have no insider knowledge or anything, but I have a feeling that most of those people who actually are defending our country don't really give a rat's ass about the sexual orientation of the person who's supposed to be watching their back in a dangerous situation.

Santorum is an ass. I like reading the transcripts because it becomes even more clear that he made no sense and didn't answer the question.

Also, I might be a little immature, but Santorum's google problem makes me lol every. single. time.

Santorum walked straight into a pit of his own digging by trying to claim that DADT treats all sides equally, realised halfway through that he was essentially arguing that any soldier admitting to sexual activity of any kind should be thrown out of the military, and shut up before anyone could draw the natural conclusion that the entirety of the armed forces should be disbanded.

Guest Anonymous
Santorum walked straight into a pit of his own digging by trying to claim that DADT treat all sides equally, realised halfway through that he was essentially arguing that any soldier admitting to sexual activity of any kind should be thrown out of the military, and shut up before anyone could draw the natural conclusion that the entirety of the armed forces should be disbanded.

Hi! I like you, this is awesome.

Way to drop the number of men and women volunteering to protect the country... Tell them no sex allowed until their out.

What the hell?

Military soldiers are not expected to be celibate. Many service members are married with children. Those kids weren't created through some sort of budding technique. LOL

I haven't watched this video all the way through but it is a video for a WWII Sex Hygiene film

Santorum walked straight into a pit of his own digging by trying to claim that DADT treats all sides equally, realised halfway through that he was essentially arguing that any soldier admitting to sexual activity of any kind should be thrown out of the military, and shut up before anyone could draw the natural conclusion that the entirety of the armed forces should be disbanded.
SRSLY. If he really and truly does want to tell military personnel to "Keep it to yourself whether you are heterosexual or homosexual" then he would need to make a law forbidding all discussion or mention of significant others or any family other than the family you were raised in (meaning you can talk about your brother, but not your children and/or co-parent).

So, no more photos of your wife on your desk. I'm sure that will go over just wonderfully.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2011/09/23/mxp-gay-soldier-booed.hln?hpt=hp_c2

[Crowd boos.]

Santorum:

[Crowd starts cheering.]

Santorum, continuing above growing cheers:

So how did that answer the soldier's question, exactly?

Seemed a clear answer to me:

Q: "Do you intend to circumvent the progress that's been made for gay and lesbian soldiers in the military?"

A: "Yeah." (followed by blather)

Those in the crowd who booed are absolutely disgusting, and Santorum's answer is disgusting. Someone needs to tell him there is a difference between sexual intercourse and a person's sexual orientation. The scary thing is....too many people really are that ignorant and backwards in their thinking. They really believe that allowing gay individuals to reveal their sexual orientation will suddenly mean that teh gays will start having sex rather than doing their job - because everyone knows that being gay is all about sex. [/sarcasm]

that booing was disgraceful. that is a soldier who is serving his country, he deserves respect. shame on santorum!

that booing was disgraceful. that is a soldier who is serving his country, he deserves respect. shame on santorum!

My heterosexual father and brother-in-law would agree. What assholes. This man served his country, literally risking his life, and these people have the cojones to boo him because of who he loves? Fuck them. They are un-American. And that's the first time I've ever said that about anyone and was 100% serious.

These crowds at these tea party/GOP (is there a difference any more?) debates are disturbing. Last time it was yelling from the crowd to let a 30-year-old guy die because he dropped his health insurance, and this time, booing a US soldier, who they claim to respect so much (as long as he isn't teh gay).

Two other candidates later called the crowd's behavior "unfortunate". Yeah, that's who your base is, GOP candidates.

As a moderate Republican and an American, I find the rude behavior of these crowds appalling. I'd give anything to be able to attend such an event as this, but am quite sure you have to give a large large donation to do so. You'd think they would know how to be polite.... especially to a military member.

Wow, somebody better tell all those married service members that their sex lives have no place in the military, and the mindless drones better damn well be thinking about "defending our country" at all times. I love how he trails off after "a special privilege". A special privilege to do what? To talk about your partner with your co-workers when there's a relevant conversation? To bring him/her to military functions where spouses/dates are welcome? Oh right, that's not a special priv, it's just the same as what everyone else can do

You would think, but there does seem to be a certain group that thinks gay and lesbian soldiers are going to come to work a) in drag or b) talkingly loudly about the homosexual orgy they went to the night before. They irritate me, and the people who just don't stop to think that maybe the "gay agenda" is along the lines of "pick up milk, feed the cat, etc" instead of "have orgies, unmake civilization as we know it".

Way to drop the number of men and women volunteering to protect the country... Tell them no sex allowed until their out.

Yeah, that's totally going to go over well! Let's put a whole bunch of 18-25 year olds together, and I'm sure they'll all just have a quiet little literary circle in their free time. Of course, a lot of this crowd probably doesn't think we should have women in the military anyway, because then the guys will be all worried about saving us/getting some/bears will eat us on our periods, and we'll just get pregnant so we don't have to deploy anyway.

Eh. I am sure white christian males having sex with their wives would be an exception. :roll:

Archived