IGNORED

Scottie Brown gained 2 new grandkids this year!

WonderingInWA

I his latest NCFIC newsletter, among all the crap about promoting the fear of God across the nation, Scottie mentions he's gained 2 new grandchildren this year to total 16.  Anyone want to to a head count?  I'm guessing it must be David and Blair that keep pumping them out, but is it possible Kelly has had another one?  Holy crap!

Blair and Monica have been producing one a yr for the past 4 or 5 yrs. They're both young enough that I don't see them slowing down any time soon.

Kelly has not had another one.  Her youngest is a little over 2 and seems very happy with her six. she is very open on her instagram about her struggles and how hard it can be.  I think being away from her father has done them good. Monica and Blair have one every year so it is them. I agree with uber frau. They will end up with 12/14 easily at this rate especially Monica. She was only 20/21 with her first.

Here's a head count for you, @WonderingInWA

Kelly and Peter Bradrick! have six: Triumph Perseverance, Knox Defender, Loyal Cromwell, Geneva Constance, Courage Michael, Shepherd Thomas. Gotta love those epistemological names, isn't that what they called them? Reminders of Vision Forum that will last a lifetime.

David and Monica Brown have five now: Iona Wisdom, William Endurance, Samantha Verity, Miles Livingston, and a new one whose name and sex I don't know yet.

Blair and Taylor Tsantles also are up to five: Aeden Chase, Adalyn Paige, Carter Owen, a toddler whose name and sex I don't know, and apparently, a newborn about whom I also know nothing.

I wasn't even sure whether the two new grandkids had been born yet, so thanks for the confirmation, WoWa (and Scott ;)).

Thanks, halcionne!  I don't know where to go to keep track of these guys anymore, but I do get a copy of Scottie's newsletter for NCFIC which is where I read about the latest additions.  

Anyone have good places to watch these folks?  I don't think David/Monica or Blair/WhatsHisName are on FB (or keep up there).

22 minutes ago, halcionne said:

Kelly and Peter Bradrick! have six: Triumph Perseverance, Knox Defender, Loyal Cromwell, Geneva Constance, Courage Michael, Shepherd Thomas. Gotta love those epistemological names, isn't that what they called them? Reminders of Vision Forum that will last a lifetime.

Those are some kind of names

Shepherd Thomas??? WTF??

Spurgeon is still the worst fundie baby name. Sorry, Spud. It's not your fault.

I'm getting two granddaughters this year except that one of them was born last year and only joined our family earlier this week. (DD is due in early November and she's having a girl.)  Come to think of it, the granddaughter that joined our family on Monday has a girl cousin born last year.  

Take that Scott Brown!

2 hours ago, habert said:

Those are some kind of names

Bradrick! was Doug Philips's right hand man at Vision Forum, and it seems he named his children with all of the gusto of a true believer. Bradrick, Dougie, and the whole VF clusterfuck is one hell of a rabbit hole. More like an anthill. Hmm, I guess rabbit holes have twists and turns and branches, too? Everything I know about rabbit holes I learned from Watership Down, which I read a lifetime ago. :tw_lol:

I strongly suggest that you tie a rope at the entrance before going down any of these:

http://www.freejinger.org/forum/277-bradrick-peter-kelly/

http://www.freejinger.org/forum/257-doug-phillips-vision-forum/

http://www.freejinger.org/forum/294-scott-brown-ncfic/

12 minutes ago, halcionne said:

Bradrick! was Doug Philips's right hand man at Vision Forum, and it seems he named his children with all of the gusto of a true believer. Bradrick, Dougie, and the whole VF clusterfuck is one hell of a rabbit hole. More like an anthill. Hmm, I guess rabbit holes have twists and turns and branches, too? Everything I know about rabbit holes I learned from Watership Down, which I read a lifetime ago. :tw_lol:

I strongly suggest that you tie a rope at the entrance before going down any of these:

I have some ferrets. :ferret::ferret::ferret: They're ready to do their thing. They don't mind constantly going down rabbit holes; they love rescuing people and calling Dougie a tool.

3 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Shepherd Thomas??? WTF??

Spurgeon is still the worst fundie baby name. Sorry, Spud. It's not your fault.

At least Spurgeon will someday be able to go by his middle name. Perseverance, Defender, and Cromwell aren't any better than their respective first names. Geneva, Courage, and Shepherd got off easy.

2 hours ago, halcionne said:

OH god I am both excited and bemoaned you've linked these for me :pb_lol:

I don't know anything about VF so I suppose now's a good a time as any to read up 

3 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I'm getting two granddaughters this year except that one of them was born last year and only joined our family earlier this week. (DD is due in early November and she's having a girl.)  Come to think of it, the granddaughter that joined our family on Monday has a girl cousin born last year.  

Take that Scott Brown!

Congratulations! :)

15 minutes ago, habert said:

OH god I am both excited and bemoaned you've linked these for me :pb_lol:

I don't know anything about VF so I suppose now's a good a time as any to read up 

I think we need to ready the overworked rescue ferrets (when are the supplementary rescue animals going to be out of training?) if you are going down the VF rabbit hole.  

Alcohol or soft drinks?  When it comes to snacks - sweet or savory?

12 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Congratulations! :)

I think we need to ready the overworked rescue ferrets (when are the supplementary rescue animals going to be out of training?) if you are going down the VF rabbit hole.  

Alcohol or soft drinks?  When it comes to snacks - sweet or savory?

Savory and Alcohol for sure lol

5 hours ago, halcionne said:

Reminders of Vision Forum that will last a lifetime.

Seriously. For the kids, it'll probably be like, "Oh, mom and dad used to be in some crazy cult, LOL," but how can Kelly and Peter even stand it? That's some hardcore PTSD shit. 

I first learned about Kelly and Bradrick!(and by extension, Vision Forum and DPIAT)in Kathryn Scott's Quiverfull .  When I came here, I was like, isn't she the one who named her kid Triumph? :5624795307fe5_32(5):

2 hours ago, habert said:

Savory and Alcohol for sure lol

Strapping a few supplies to the ferrets for you.  You will need them. :lol:

8 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Strapping a few supplies to the ferrets for you.  You will need them. :lol:

Thanks to @hernameisbuffy, we can now offer a wide variety of rescue animals. Anteaters in sweaters are our latest addition, and we are looking for rescue animals with UK experience.

But the supplies they bring should be up to their usual high standards. :)

Unpopular opinion time, but I like the name Geneva. I had a great great aunt (born in the late 18somethings) by that name, and would consider it for a daughter if it weren't forever linked to Bradrick! and Doug Phillips, the Tooliest of Rapist Tools.

By itself it's not so bad. Even if you don't like the style, it doesn't scream (self consciously epistemologically correct) Fundie like her brother's names do. It's just in the context of the sib set that it makes me itch.

2 hours ago, samurai_sarah said:

we are looking for rescue animals with UK experience.

I nominate badgers and hedgehogs!

Knox Defender sounds like an antivirus or firewall program.

10 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

It's also the name of a gun safe. 

10 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

Or a "male hygiene" deodorant spray.

Archived