IGNORED

Woman who was driving while praying with her eyes closed hits house

doggie

some people should not drive. but see god protected her from injury. 

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/20160711/woman-who-was-driving-while-praying-with-her-eyes-closed-hits-house?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

MARY ESTHER — A 28-year-old woman was taken to the hospital for evaluation after driving into a Mary Esther house Thursday morning.

The woman told Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office deputies she was praying at the time and had her eyes closed, according to the OCSO.

The Fort Walton Beach woman was traveling eastbound on Marcia Drive when she failed to stop at a stop sign, went through an intersection and into the yard of a home on Miramar Drive.

She tried to back out but got stuck in the sand, the OCSO said.

She was cited for reckless driving with property damage.

No one in the house was injured.

Glad that no one was hurt.

Looks like they'll have to put up Prayer Stops on major highways (like they do for texting).

:: trying not to roll eyes & be disrespectful ::

Is it Jill R who pulls over to pray whenever she sees emergency vehicles? This woman is worse than Jill!

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

She let Jesus take the wheel but Jesus is a bad driver.

well ya since there were no cars back then or even camels duhh.

1 hour ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

:: trying not to roll eyes & be disrespectful ::

I'll happily be disrespectful. She clearly does not deserve respect, and I hope the take her license away for lack of basic sense.

1.  How did I know this took place in Florida?

2.  Why couldn't she have prayed during a red light, when her car was, you know, already stopped?

5 minutes ago, JMarie said:

1.  How did I know this took place in Florida?

2.  Why couldn't she have prayed during a red light, when her car was, you know, already stopped?

I guess when god calls you to pray you pray. sounds like her god connection is a bit glitchy

10 hours ago, akinom said:

Is it Jill R who pulls over to pray whenever she sees emergency vehicles? This woman is worse than Jill!

i didn't know about this, but Lisa Pennington once pulled over to pray (and post the prayer on facebook) while her husband drove their son to the ER with anaphylaxis. 

2 hours ago, Emilycharlotte said:

Did someone make a rule against praying with your eyes open while I wasn't paying attention?

Right?! My Mother and I both use our drives to work as prayer time... but we keep our focus on the road and say the prayers in our head. I guess we are just Doing It Wrong, then, because neither of us have caused any accidents or property damage while praying.

She should get the same penalty as any other reckless driver.

You want to close your eyes to pray? Then pull over. It's that simple.

No one has the right to do any activity behind the wheel that endangers other people, period. If you want to close your eyes to pray, or you need to send a text, or you simply must do your makeup, or whatever the hell else would take your attention away from driving, fine, but your vehicle should not be in motion while you do it.

Distracted drivers kill, injure, and destroy property. No excuses. 

If I sound angry, it's because I almost lost my life to a distracted driver and I'm lucky to still be here. Her right to pray with her eyes closed does not trump a fellow human being's right to continue breathing.

Reminds me of a bumper sticker I once saw... Warning!  In case of rapture this car will be driverless.

Just glad no one was hurt. 

I've done this.  Except replace "house" with "curb", "car" with "mountain bike" and "praying" with "feeling overconfident after a long ride".  Oh and "woman" with "dumb preteen boy".

You know, I've never understood why all those religious statuettes for the dashboard were looking towards the trunk of the car.

If I'm gonna use St. Christopher (although he got recalled by the Vatican, IIRC) or Jesus or the Blessed Virgin as a co-pilot, it's EYES FRONT! Need all the help possible! (especially when in DC, which is a nightmare for driving and navigating)

13 hours ago, catlady said:

i didn't know about this, but Lisa Pennington once pulled over to pray (and post the prayer on facebook) while her husband drove their son to the ER with anaphylaxis. 

I was just thinking about Mama Pennington as  I began reading the thread!  

But back to the topic at hand, I'd really like to know what this woman was praying for.  

1 hour ago, Howl said:

(snip) But back to the topic at hand, I'd really like to know what this woman was praying for.  

"Dear God, please, Geico says my auto rates are going up---can you please help me find a good substitute?"  ***CRASH***  I guess God just said "no", huh?

Know a lot of people who pray on the fly, but they manage to either keep eyes open and hands on wheel, or they pull over.

Well, obviously the person who owns the house should've been praying harder for a driver not to hit their house. Duh! :pb_razz:

1 hour ago, Toothfairy said:

Why didn't Jesus give her common sense 

he can't work miracles wait never mind 

I pray  that Jesus moves the owner of the house towards litigation and the DOT takes this idiot's license away from her.

Archived