IGNORED

Young Wife's Guide - Two sets of twins under 4 and pregnant again!

ladyaudley

I had a search, but couldn't find anyone discussing Jami Balmet of Young Wife's Guide (.com for those who are interested). Married at 19, although she and her husband dated since she was 17 and he was 19. She has a website " to help young women find their God-given calling as homemakers!"

More importantly though, she has twins who are three (Malachi and Micah), ANOTHER set of twins who are 11 months-ish (Ryder and Remington) and has just announced she is pregnant again. Holy fertility! The Duggars can only dream!

Among her cringeworthy tips are suggesting you ask your dad about how defrauding your outfit is if you still live at home and the  fact that submitting to you rhusband is apparently good ministry because it shows how your relationship with God should be... 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good lord, that is nuts and this is how blanket training, sleep training, and hitting your kids starts.....there is no way that one person can handle all those children in such a short amount of time and probably be pregnant again within a another year after the next one is born. This makes me sad for her.

Too bad the second set wasn't triplets, she could have tossed in Rifle and been done with it :pb_rollseyes:

I mean, I can be judgey about a lot of naming trends, but I will NEVER understand naming your child after a weapon.

Not to mention it's 4 boys so far.  Who will help raise the kids born 7 yrs from now?  

@teachergirl I wonder if there's any way that TWO people could handle all those children in such a short amount of time!    (Even if there's farming or a work-at-home parent handy (so, four hands), there are still chores and major tasks unless you want to live like the Naugler clan.)  Somebody refresh me on typical milestone ages---my kids use litterboxes and go meow--aren't 3-years typically pretty mobile but working on toilet training, and 11-monthers usually in diapers and toddling or something? What's common age for weaning from breast or bottle to cups?

Good heavens, the sheer amount of laundry you'd have to do with 4 little kids and 2 adults, around a pregnancy in progress....

I know - I am surprised she hasn't cracked already! At least I guess she already had twin practice when the second set came along - what if this pregnancy is twins again and she'll have six under five??

Let's keep our fingers crossed for a set of girl twins this time! They can be Amity and Ammunition. 

55 minutes ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

Or "Heistheway"

Does anyone else read that as "heist heway"?

1 hour ago, slickcat79 said:

Too bad the second set wasn't triplets, she could have tossed in Rifle and been done with it :pb_rollseyes:

I mean, I can be judgey about a lot of naming trends, but I will NEVER understand naming your child after a weapon.

Funny, the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear "Remington" is not a weapon, but the artist. Remington and Russell were two of my dad's favorite artists.

The second thing that comes to mind is the old television show Remington Steele. *sigh* My best friend and I used to fangirl over the star...

I thought typewriters :=) 

Malachi/Micah and Ryder/ Remington don't seem to go together.  It's like Matthew, Mark, Luke, and Audio Pilot. 

I wonder if  mom named one set of twins and dad named another. 

3 hours ago, slickcat79 said:

Oops I was thinking of Electric beard trimmers and razors from the 1980s Christmas TV ads!

20 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Oops I was thinking of Electric beard trimmers and razors from the 1980s Christmas TV ads!

Oh, good, it's not just me.

2 hours ago, refugee said:

The second thing that comes to mind is the old television show Remington Steele. *sigh* My best friend and I used to fangirl over the star...

I thought of Remington Steele too! Mmmmm, Pierce Brosnan.

1 hour ago, libriatrix said:

I thought of Remington Steele too! Mmmmm, Pierce Brosnan.

Me three! I used to watch that show with my grandma. 

4 hours ago, ladyaudley said:

First thing that comes to mind when I hear Remington is the opening of Mean Girls:

remington.jpg

I was about to say that, I hope they use the nick name Remy as it's a long name compared to the other children 

7 hours ago, slickcat79 said:

Or Ryfle, to win fundie tryndee-name spelling points.

My aunt and uncle had six kids in rapid succession:. B/G twins, girl, B/B twins, boy.  Yes, they were 1960s-era staunch Catholics.  :my_smile:

My uncle told me once that they had no idea they were having twins either time until the birth.  He said that with the second set, the doctor came out to the waiting room hysterical laughing, and he (uncle) being the anxious, waiting-room dad, couldn't imagine what could possibly be so funny...poor guy!

Oh joy she has a podcast as well...but I think this blog distracts her from the insane reality of having so many children that young. She's actively convincing herself this is going dandy.

If this next pregnancy is twins again I can finally use one of my favorite Anne of Green Gables quotes

"I like babies in moderation, but twins three times in succession is too much."

Whoa, I can't imagine having two sets of twins. One baby crawling around, chewing on random objects, using up diapers seems like a lot of work. I wouldn't be able to handle that!

8 hours ago, slickcat79 said:

Breeze Beretta Johnston, proof that you can work a Palin reference into any conversation

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/levi-johnston-sunny-oglesby-welcome-daughter-breeze-beretta-2012129

TMZ reports the Alaska native's girlfriend, Sunny Oglesby, gave birth to Johnston's second child Wednesday, a daughter named Breeze Beretta Johnston -- with the unusual middle name referencing the Italian firearm manufacturer.

14 hours ago, teachergirl said:

good lord, that is nuts and this is how blanket training, sleep training, and hitting your kids starts.....there is no way that one person can handle all those children in such a short amount of time and probably be pregnant again within a another year after the next one is born. This makes me sad for her.

It makes me even sadder for her little ones. They didn't choose this lifestyle.

Archived