So I went to see the Book of Mormon the other day.  Besides the fact that it is hilariously funny.  It skewers fundie mission trips, the origin story for Mormonism and the white savior complex.  It was interesting to see it after spending so much time on here snarking on the fundies that go to countries in desperate need of medicine/educational programs and instead decide what the locals really need is Jesus.  

I've only come to love and enjoy BOM the musical during the past few months. Big fan of musicals, but the South Park-level humor was so wildly different to usual musicals that I enjoy, so it took some time getting used to it in musical format. (Love South Park, though.) It's so filled with snark that the people of FJ could have written it!

I LOVE The Book of Mormon! I have seen it twice.  My favorite number is "Spooky Mormon Hell Dream" with the dancing Starbucks cup. HA!

Umm I feel like, since these were my gateway fundies, that I should know about this. Someone please, more details. Thanks! 

48 minutes ago, devoe364 said:

Umm I feel like, since these were my gateway fundies, that I should know about this. Someone please, more details. Thanks! 

Start on the Wikipedia page. I don't think I'm allowed to link to a link to a bootleg on here since they're illegal and I don't want to get FJ in trouble, but they are out there if anyone were to ever want to watch.

7 minutes ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

Start on the Wikipedia page. I don't think I'm allowed to link to a link to a bootleg on here since they're illegal and I don't want to get FJ in trouble, but they are out there if anyone were to ever want to watch.

Thank you! I am sure I can find it online if I look hard enough. ;) 

Archived