IGNORED

Hope Biblical Counseling Center

smittykins

Over on the Duggars by the Dozenty thread, @EmCatlyn mentioned this as a possibility of where Josh and Anna may be receiving their "professional counseling."  Since we don't really know where they're going, I decided to give it its own thread here,(Mods, feel free to move it if there's a more appropriate place.)

Holy rabbit hole, Batman!

Did you know that:

Teenagers are an invention of the rock 'n' roll culture?

Don't play organized sports, because you might have to practice/play on Sunday or Wednesday nights, when you're supposed to be in church.(Interestingly, the author claims to have played professional baseball, but quit when he got saved and realized he needed to be in church on Wednesday and Sunday.  If true, he never made it out of the minors.)

Yup. Sounds just like what we heard from Josh Harris in a workshop way back when he was a Model unTeen. (Almost put "Model Teen" but for the subject matter.)

That was one of the christian homeschool bywords in the 1990s: teenager being a modern concept. (And sports being a bad idea, for the reasons you gave, and more.)

From the web site:

Dear Friends of Hope Baptist Church and Hope Biblical Counseling and Training Center,

We are very pleased to host the Hope Baptist National Biblical Counseling Training Conference, Tuesday thru Friday, August 2-5, 2016.  

Wow, I could have learned how to be a counselor in two days rather than spending all of that time and money in my PhD program.

44 minutes ago, PsyD2013 said:

From the web site:

Dear Friends of Hope Baptist Church and Hope Biblical Counseling and Training Center,

We are very pleased to host the Hope Baptist National Biblical Counseling Training Conference, Tuesday thru Friday, August 2-5, 2016.  

Wow, I could have learned how to be a counselor in two days rather than spending all of that time and money in my PhD program.

I should alert my son to this. He's working on his master's in counseling right now, he could just cancel his latest batch of student loans after going to this conference! :my_dodgy:

Archived