IGNORED

Fundie Prom Won't Let in Student Dressed in Kilt

gibbsgirls

Here's the article - (I know, it's the Daily Mail) dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3086859/North-Carolina-teen-kicked-prom-forced-change-wearing-late-grandfather-s-kilt.html

Basically a young man and his date go to Praise Prom (alternative home school, Christian prom). He is denied admittance since he was wearing a kilt. This was a dressy occasion and his kilt was formal attire. The promoter said he was denied entrance because he wasn't wearing dress pants, not because he was wearing a kilt. Logic? Anyway, promoter ended up buying him pants so he could attend after missing 2 hours. Young man commented that he won't be attending another Praise Prom. Wonder why.

Also, this is their FB page - facebook.com/PraiseProm?fref=ts

On the FB page the promoter states, "excited that God gave me a way to realize my dream of sharing the freedom and love of Jesus with teenagers and to create a faith-filled, beautiful dance experience for them." Way to share the freedom and love of Jesus with this young man.

I left a couple of comments on their FB page (so did others), but they have been deleted. Commented that they deleted my comments. Guess what? That was deleted too.

Wonder what they would have said if Jesus Christ himself, had shown up in a tunic/toga and sandals...

Wonder what they would have said if Jesus Christ himself, had shown up in a tunic/toga and sandals...

That was similar to one of my FB comments. That Jesus didn't wear dress pants. Of course, it was deleted.

GAH! My boss is Scottish. A Kilt IS formal attire. Kilt in your family colors on the bottom, tux jacket, shirt etc on top.

That he was "rebelling against God's created order."

gah! a kilt is formal attire just like a tuxedo. he wasn't admitted because he didn't have dress pants/trousers on but it would make no sense to wear them under the kilt.

looks like the facebook page is gone.

So is Spanky Sproul going to weigh in on this controversy? (highlandsministriesonline.org/blogs/ask-rc-jr/why-do-you-sometimes-wear-a-kilt/):

DarbyWedding-28-X3.jpg

I don't think Jesus ever wore pants. He wore a robe. Since they are so Biblical, fundie dude's need to wear robes and never pants. :think: :whistle:

looks like the facebook page is gone.

Crap. Knew I should have screen captured that sucker. Anyway, I guess they couldn't handle the comments that people were starting to leave. Seems the promoter was a woman - home school mother of 5 (maybe?). It was her husband that was responding to all the comments calling her to the carpet about not letting this young man in. Obviously, she couldn't fight her own battles.

That he was "rebelling against God's created order."

:lol:

Especially when he was hanging around a cross in a loin-cloth! It didn't even cover his knees! Nike!

Oh, wait, I just remembered that I grew up Catholic, so I'm used to getting defrauded by Jesus, on the crucifix. Homeschool-manly-Christiany-Christian-fundie Jesus would probably have worn a black suit for the occasion of getting crucified, and having his graven image immortalised. :mrgreen:

Haha!! So true!

praiseprom.com/

Found the web site. It also links to her blog, but she has posted anything since the beginning of April.

My cousin went to a home school prom. It was mostly fundie-light, but pretty much like a regular prom with secular, rated pg music. Cousin's date wore his dad's old 1970's powder blue tux complete with giant 70's bow tie and ruffled shirt. It was a big hit, though my cousin vetoed the idea of him wearing it to their wedding a couple years later.

These people need to pull the sticks outta their asses.

My cousin went to a home school prom. It was mostly fundie-light, but pretty much like a regular prom with secular, rated pg music. Cousin's date wore his dad's old 1970's powder blue tux complete with giant 70's bow tie and ruffled shirt. It was a big hit, though my cousin vetoed the idea of him wearing it to their wedding a couple years later.

These people need to pull the sticks outta their asses.

I lived near a homeschooling family when I was growing up. They were fundie lite and their sons also attended a home school prom.

Fundamentalists usually don't have a problem with kilts. Braveheart and all that. I'm confused.

This. But GotHard types might.

I don't think Jesus ever wore pants. He wore a robe. Since they are so Biblical, fundie dude's need to wear robes and never pants. :think: :whistle:

[bBvideo 560,340:1szsg6wx]

[/bBvideo]

EDIT: Latraviata beat me to it! Ah well, enjoy the video.

Is that our much loved (OK, our absolutely loathed Pissing Preacher in that video?

Is that our much loved (OK, our absolutely loathed Pissing Preacher in that video?

Yes it is. The great PP, the answer to all your biblical questions

Kilts are EXTREMELY manly, and defrauding as hell.

I so, so agree with you! Especially the gala version!!

Think of the 2 sizes too big polyester suits of PP and I know what I prefer...

Well, a kid being denied entry into a prom while wearing formal Scottish dress. That sucks. Wake up and smell the coffee, prom promoter.

I am seriously defrauded by men in kilts. Especially when kilts are within their (and my) cultural heritage. :swoons:

But they do have to have the figure for it to pull it off and defraud me properly. R.C. Sproul Jr., unfortunately, does not look good.

Being gentle here because I do not approve on attacks on personal appearance: Spanky Sproul would look so much better in tartan trews. If he must pretend to be Scottish.

Just IMO.

jesus-born23.jpg

Well, no pants here. Do they not look at art? Yeah, stupid question. It's okay, I just smacked myself for that one. :P

Of course I had to also take a trip through the wonderful world of Google images of men in kilts. Very nice tour to end my night. :)

So unless the kilt resembled this one...

scottish-kilt.jpeg

they really need to chill out and shut up.

My cousin was married in a kilt in the family tartan and he looked wonderful, as did his bride, who wore a tartan sash (sash? not sure if that's right) over her white dress. They looked beautiful. These prom people are fools of the highest order.

Archived