IGNORED

What Kirk Cameron Doesn't Know about Jessa Duggar and Ben

doggie

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfem ... uggar.html

I really can’t let this go by without commenting on it. It seems Kirk Cameron took his daughters to Jessa Duggar’s wedding because he wanted them to see the wedding of a couple that chose not to kiss until marriage—to serve as an example, of course. As a read through a news article that quoted Kirk Cameron explaining this, I found myself becoming both angry and frustrated. I don’t understand how people so much older than I can be so clueless about relationships. It boggles the mind.

Cameron’s remarks bring up important points about the way evangelicals view relationships and the way purity stands in for things like communication or caring. Because for evangelicals, sexual purity is the golden standard. It’s almost as though nothing else matters. Learning healthy relationship skills completely goes out the window, completely dwarfed by the overwhelming importance of a couple not touching each other in certain ways.

Let’s look at what Kirk Cameron had to say.

It’s something every little girl’s father can relate to.

Actor Kirk Cameron, who was one of the 1,000 guests at Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald’s wedding in Bentonville, Arkansas, on Saturday, says he wanted to bring his teenage daughters to the event so they could witness an actual marriage where the couple hadn’t even kissed before they said their ‘I do’s.’

“I want them to see that and go, ‘That’s what I want for my marriage,’ †the former Growing Pains star, 44, tells PEOPLE. “Nobody does this. And as a dad, it thrills your heart. I want a guy that honors and respects my daughters like Ben is respecting Jessa.â€

- See more at: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfem ... UuZ7N.dpuf

Kirk Cameron is only 44? Yikes, hate sure ages a person.

I hope that his daughters turn against everything that Kirk and his banana-loving friend stand for.

Well the joke was on them. No one got to witness Ben and Jessa's first kiss. The irony.

The article goes on and on about a healthy relationship. Well how hard is a relationship in patriarchy? It seems to me nothing is required of Kirk's daughters than to gaze raptly at their husband whenever he speaks, be available for sex whenever he wants it, and birth children to be cared for around the times that wife is caring for husband. At least til the girls get to be 5 or so and can start slaving for their mother.

I believe that sexual purity can exist in different forms. For example, neither my husband or I came to each other "pure". But 20 years ago we decided that we would be together forever, and no matter how many ups and downs we go through the one understanding is that we will fight for our amazing, sacred, relationship. Much like Jill's Covenant Marriage, but without having the certificate or religious zeal.

I didn't care about his past, and he didn't care about mine. In fact our "past", or "baggage" in Duggar talk, made us who we are today and actually led us to be together. Sometimes we talk about our baggage, and joke about too! It doesn't matter that I put on too much weight after having children, it doesn't matter that he went grey at 30, it doesn't matter that there are more attractive people out there that we could "get with". He is the only person I want to be with and vice versa. We are in love, we have true desire for each other sexually that we fulfill together. Our midlife crisis has included a desire to go on an exotic vacation together and learning about things we never had time for instead of having affairs.

For the record we are not religious at all. You don't need to be religious to have sexual purity or a covenant marriage, you need to be in love. Yes, honestly I actually do wish that we had been each others one and only. But then we wouldn't have found each other.

Can't stand the way people determine a woman's value based on her "purity". It's the ultimate objectification, telling your daughter that at the end of the day, she's just someone's penis hole. yuck

Maybe he should worry more about teaching his sons to be good and kind and respectful men towards women. WHY IS THAT NEVER THE RIGHT ANSWER??

All I know is I am saving myself for marriage but tbh I don't care about the guys history as long as I am his from then on (unless divorce cause that happens)

Kirk Cameron is only 44? Yikes, hate sure ages a person.

In Hollywoodland it's standard practice to snip 5 years off your age. Competition is fierce and young is better. My source? Steven Spielberg 's PR and personal secretary. She'd buy books for him at the B. Dalton I ran in Sherman Oaks.

I believe that sexual purity can exist in different forms. For example, neither my husband or I came to each other "pure". But 20 years ago we decided that we would be together forever, and no matter how many ups and downs we go through the one understanding is that we will fight for our amazing, sacred, relationship. Much like Jill's Covenant Marriage, but without having the certificate or religious zeal.

I didn't care about his past, and he didn't care about mine. In fact our "past", or "baggage" in Duggar talk, made us who we are today and actually led us to be together. Sometimes we talk about our baggage, and joke about too! It doesn't matter that I put on too much weight after having children, it doesn't matter that he went grey at 30, it doesn't matter that there are more attractive people out there that we could "get with". He is the only person I want to be with and vice versa. We are in love, we have true desire for each other sexually that we fulfill together. Our midlife crisis has included a desire to go on an exotic vacation together and learning about things we never had time for instead of having affairs.

For the record we are not religious at all. You don't need to be religious to have sexual purity or a covenant marriage, you need to be in love. Yes, honestly I actually do wish that we had been each others one and only. But then we wouldn't have found each other.

Most beautiful and accurate thing i've ever read! God bless you both and i really hope i'll find someone that loves me like that (and that I love as well!)

Maybe he should worry more about teaching his sons to be good and kind and respectful men towards women. WHY IS THAT NEVER THE RIGHT ANSWER??

Because men are always and only tempted by whores and jezebels, obviously.

/sarcasm

Can't stand the way people determine a woman's value based on her "purity". It's the ultimate objectification, telling your daughter that at the end of the day, she's just someone's penis hole. yuck

And his sperm recipient and his breeder. Double yuck.

Archived