IGNORED

I need brain bleach! Stat! Doug's latest blog entgry

SamuraiKatz

Dougie's latest blog entry...

The "still" from the video on his blog is so....so....wrong! A small girl and her father...staring at each other like lovers on a picnic. It is....pedophillic....incestuous...a perversion of the parent child relationship. Where are the mothers of these girls?!!

The 2012 Father and Daughter Retreat: Now Taking Early Bird Registrations

http://www.visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/

--Seven reasons to come-- Why, oh why, did they not use the world attend?

Must......have......brain bleach!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

crap! I was so flustered I spelled energy incorrectly! :oops: I hate type ohs!

From the registration page:

Registration includes a standard guest room for up to four people, all things necessary for a lovely picnic on the Grand Lawn Friday, followed by a delicious ice cream social, two scrumptious breakfast buffets and Saturday High Tea without equal.

I'm glad to know that the Saturday High Tea will be without equal--real sugar is better anyway.

New for 2012 — 2 Bedroom Cottages

We have secured a limited number of beautiful and comfortable two bedroom cottages for just $41 plus tax per night above the price of two standard rooms. Each cottage offers a spacious living and dining area, fully equipped kitchen, telephone, cable television, high speed internet access, fireplace and screened porch. Both bedrooms offer two queen size beds, a dedicated dressing area and bathroom, personalized desk, private entrance and lock off door from the living area.

This seems like something you'd get for a honeymoon or long vacation instead of a weekend Father-Daughter retreat. And what the heck would this crowd do with cable television?

The admission cost for a father is $420. Daughters are $205 each.

That is just a huge amount of money for this event. And we aren't even pricing travel to and from... And Mom gets to stay home. How nice! :roll: If I were a fundie mom, I would strike for better conditions.

Ew. Not gonna lie, this just sounds boring for the dads (not that the dads going to this shit show are normal, anyway). My dad would be like, "Isn't this (having tea, etc.) something you want to do with Mom?" :?

WHY is VF stuff/retreats/trips/videos SO EXPENSIVE? I thought being a fundy meant being frugal? I won't even buy the Harry Potter Audio Books because I think they are too expensive. (and I actually want those) How do people with a jillion kids manage to get enough cash to buy a video of someone else's vacation? 48$? Jesus. $625 for a retreat? Why not spend that money on a real vacation? OR, you know, fruits and vegetables for your kids?

I'm the odd man out as I don't see how the little girl and her father look like lovers. I think it looks more like the little girl is adoring her father and listening to a very interesting story. I don't have daughters but I was one and I know that I have many photos of looking up at my grandfather with the same love in my eyes.

About the room space.... what is a father with 6 daughters going to do? Tell 2 of them that they have to stay home? And what does vision forum do for mothers and sons? Do they get a fun weekend of camping in the woods or maybe a river rafting trip? Do mothers get to bond with any of their children or is that just for fathers as we all know mothers are just to stupid and shouldn't be allowed to corrupt the children.

It said that if the father+daughters number will be greater than 4, you have to get two rooms. That's an additional $107 per night.

I was reading the Q&A for the retreat... oh the pain...

while the majority of the ladies will be in casual dresses and a few in pants.

Those pant wearing rebels...

We have daughters attend ranging from 4 to 30

Can you imagine this at 30?!

Honestly, after reading through this, I just felt hungry. One evening meal isn't even mentioned, and the "high tea" is lunch! No snacks, and I can only imagine the daintiness of the portions for the picnic!

WHY is VF stuff/retreats/trips/videos SO EXPENSIVE?

Because Dougie & company need the money. How else would they be able to live in big houses, own fancy camera & take plenty of nice trips all over the world?

Surely, you don't expect them to work in order to pay for these things when the faithful sheep are there to be fleeced donate to VF ministries.

I hate to go OT, but did anyone scroll down to see what Dougie has in store for his next manly romp? Does no one proof read these things before they're posted for everyone to see? I guess they figure no one has good enough spelling to notice the mistakes.

Last month I met with a group of men and discussed the possibility of taking a “hazardious journeys†father and son adventure to the frozen plains of Russia to travel with caribou herders and possibly look for mammoth remains. Just this morning articles are being posted about a perfectly preserved woolly mammoth which was recently found:

I let others snark on anything else, but this just screams skool uv thuh diningroom tabl.

From the first time I read about the father-daughter retreat, I thought that there was something incentuous about it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with spending alone time with your dad - I spent most summers with my dad in or summer house as a kid and it was good fun - but the way it is presented makes me cringe: all the photos look more like they are from a honeymoon with nice clothes and smiling couples on benches in front of blooming bushes and rose petals all over the place.

All the activities seem to be more of a couples thing than a daddy-daughter thing too: tea parties, outdoor picknicks, shaving the dad... WTF?

Since they all are fundies, we also know that the daughter's sexuality belongs to their daddy until they are married and the authority is transfered to their husband and that makes it even more icky.

Also, why do fundies call afternoon tea "high tea"? Is it because they think it sounds more posh?

I was taught that the "fancy" tea parties with tiny sanwiches, scones and clotted cream and cakes are called "afternoon tea" and that "high tea" is just another word for supper.

From the first time I read about the father-daughter retreat, I thought that there was something incentuous about it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with spending alone time with your dad - I spent most summers with my dad in or summer house as a kid and it was good fun - but the way it is presented makes me cringe: all the photos look more like they are from a honeymoon with nice clothes and smiling couples on benches in front of blooming bushes and rose petals all over the place.

All the activities seem to be more of a couples thing than a daddy-daughter thing too: tea parties, outdoor picknicks, shaving the dad... WTF?

Since they all are fundies, we also know that the daughter's sexuality belongs to their daddy until they are married and the authority is transfered to their husband and that makes it even more icky.

Also, why do fundies call afternoon tea "high tea"? Is it because they think it sounds more posh?

I was taught that the "fancy" tea parties with tiny sanwiches, scones and clotted cream and cakes are called "afternoon tea" and that "high tea" is just another word for supper.

Um, shaving the dad??? WTF is that? You mean the daughters have to learn how to shave the faces of their fathers? Sorry but that's just wrong. My dad would have looked at me like I was insane if I ever suggested that!

Um, shaving the dad??? WTF is that? You mean the daughters have to learn how to shave the faces of their fathers? Sorry but that's just wrong. My dad would have looked at me like I was insane if I ever suggested that!

It's one of the activities, yes. Watch the trailer - there are photos from previous retreats where young girls shave their dads.

That father and daughter retreat they are selling to their followers is utter BS. You know what? I am 34 and have an awesome relationship with my father! I live overseas and visit my parents once a year for about a month or so each time and I always end up having a blast with my dad (and my mom as well!). Maybe it's because I'm an only child but I've always done loads of activities with my dad; we regularly eat out when I'm back in the US, do chores and other activities together such as visit museums and galleries, take day trips etc. A good parent makes sure to develop these relationships with their kid/s through good parenting and making an effort to make sure their child understands how loved they are. I don't see why the fundies need something like this...truth be told I find it horribly creepy! My father would flip out if I told him I wanted to shave him! Also I don't think my dad is really a high tea sort of guy, though he would make an effort if it was really important to me :)

What I don't get about these retreat is why you need to fork out all of this money to form a bond with your daughter, can't a dad do fun things and spend time with his daughters at home normally? Or say, take a WE trip if he wants to spend some special time with her?

Perhaps some of these fathers don't know what to do with their daughters. I imagine that many believe that girls are different than boys and they wouldn't want to get dirty or go camping. They probably feel that they have to engage in 'feminine' pursuits to bond with their daughters, not realizing that many daughters enjoy activities that are traditionally considered male.

Chickeymonkey, good catch about the next manly romp. There's a thread already started on it, if I can I'll add the url after I post this.

Clementine, their "high tea" always makes me snicker in self-satisfied smugness. A hopeless moderate feminist like myself knows the difference between high tea and a formal tea time. Why don't the perfect people? :roll:

Now, to the pricing structure.

I was puzzled that the intial cabin is so incredibly affordable - $41! - and that the extra rooms are so expensive: $107!

Mixed-message about having a lot of kids? I'd say so.

The registration costs floored me. And as others have rightly said, the VF flock apparently are well-heeled and don't mind keeping Doug in fancy heels (!!), but even more so:

Does it occur to anybody else that the high registration cost also serves as a filter? You know, keep out the trailer-park-people?

I hate to be so uncharitable, but hey, it's Dougie.

Unless, of course, it's a Returned Daughter who lives in a trailer and is there as nanny. (See "Return of the Daughters," which features one family of evidently modest means.)

Guest Anonymous

I'm spooked by the 'rooms for 4 people'. Once children hit puberty, I really don't think they should share rooms with their parents, if at all avoidable. Given that these children go up to age 30, it seems insane.

And yeah... High Tea would usually be an evening meal served on a day when the main meal had already taken place at midday and the table would combine sweet pastries, cakes etc, with more substantial savouries like poached eggs on toast, crumpets etc. It isn't commonly eaten these days outside Independent Boarding Schools because most people eat their main meal in the evening.

Love the idea of a trailer park set up on site for Returned Daughters - perhaps they could be the ones serving tea and clearing away the shaving slops.

What's with all the rose petals?

To make sure that, in case your mind wasn't already going there, you were reminded of the film American Beauty, and grown men having inappropriate thoughts about young girls.

And what does vision forum do for mothers and sons?

Nothing, of course. Wives must learn to worship husbands, then sons learn to worship fathers, then daughters learn to worship fathers.

I'm spooked by the 'rooms for 4 people'. Once children hit puberty, I really don't think they should share rooms with their parents, if at all avoidable. Given that these children go up to age 30, it seems insane.

And yeah... High Tea would usually be an evening meal served on a day when the main meal had already taken place at midday and the table would combine sweet pastries, cakes etc, with more substantial savouries like poached eggs on toast, crumpets etc. It isn't commonly eaten these days outside Independent Boarding Schools because most people eat their main meal in the evening.

Love the idea of a trailer park set up on site for Returned Daughters - perhaps they could be the ones serving tea and clearing away the shaving slops.

Really? I mean, they shouldn't share permanently but for just a vacation I think it's fine. My two brothers and I went on a few long trips with our father (just vacations, not some kind of bonding crap) and we put two in a room, which means at least one of us had to share with our dad. And I ended up sharing with one of my brothers. They have separate beds and you just change your clothes in the bathroom so it's not a big deal. It's not like we spent much time in the rooms either. I also went on another vacation with my dad and just one brother, and the three of always shared a room. A lot of places actually have rooms with three single beds. I wouldn't want to share a bed with my parents, but a room is fine. It would have been silly for us to get three rooms, one for Dad, one for brothers, and one for sister, when we could just get one or two rooms.

Archived