IGNORED

I need brain bleach! Stat! Doug's latest blog entgry

SamuraiKatz

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel sick to my stomach from watching that. *Shudders*

In addition to wanting to scream "that's not the definition of High Tea!!", I'd just like to point out that my dad would never. ever. ever. take his daughters to something like that. Not only is that frou-frou-ness so not him, but we already have standing dad-daughter "events" where we go hiking or take photographs or do something we actually enjoy.

Sorry Doug...the Nocturne family ain't interested in your creepy retreat.

Dougie's latest blog entry...

The "still" from the video on his blog is so....so....wrong! A small girl and her father...staring at each other like lovers on a picnic. It is....pedophillic....incestuous...a perversion of the parent child relationship. Where are the mothers of these girls?!!

The 2012 Father and Daughter Retreat: Now Taking Early Bird Registrations

http://www.visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/

I do not understand the romantic theme of the fundie father-daughter relationship.

If I really wanted to go to something like this when I was younger my dad would go but, he would feel uncomfortable. Just how they set things up it's more about submission practice and control then anything.

When I was in Job's Daughters (it was a social thing for maybe 80% of us, but yeah, at one point before I was born, my dad was a practicing Mason), there was a father-daughter solo dance at the Officer Installation dances. A half song dancing with Dad and my parents were outta there, ironically allowing all kinds of guys, many of whom crash these things to see pretty girls in formals, to grope me until my butt was bruised the next day.

My dad lost his first wife when I was 10, but she'd been ill since I was 7. We found other ways to bond, like building an add-on to our house, playing games (we loved cribbage) and father/daughter breakfasts at school and church and trust me, these church events had no bearing on Dougie's event. No to mention, the cost was merely a few bucks to cover the pancakes or spaghetti, usually cooked by...the fathers and daughters!

Nothing about pledging anything to anyone; these events were just times to celebrate the father/daughter relationship.

Vision Forum is so strange with their focus on family relationships and shutting themselves off to the world. What would be so bad about having a retreat at, say, Six Flags? My dad took me to Cedar Point and Coney Island to do physics "experiments" with homemade instruments. It was one of the best days ever. But I suppose roller coasters and science aren't ladylike.

Archived