IGNORED

Lori Alexander "Give Away Your Kids"

Old thread was getting long. Plus, everyone needs to see this monstrosity.

The question was asked on this post: lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/09/she-was-into-real-estate-investing.html

How would a single mother with no father in the picture stay at home? Practically speaking, how would that work?

Because Lori said that no matter what, God will provide for you if you have enough faith to stay home.

Lori replied

The most unselfish thing she could do would be to give her child up for adoption to a godly man and wife. There are many infertile couples who would love to raise a child. She could also live with her mom and dad so her child could have a father figure in his/her life.

That's right. It's better to give up your kids than be a working mother.

Old thread was getting long. Plus, everyone needs to see this monstrosity.

The question was asked on this post: lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/09/she-was-into-real-estate-investing.html

Because Lori said that no matter what, God will provide for you if you have enough faith to stay home.

Lori replied

That's right. It's better to give up your kids than be a working mother.

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

What is wrong with that woman??

To be fair, she did clarify she meant like babies you are expecting, not if you find yourself single after you have kids.

But still, you should not keep your own kid if you are not married.

Like someone in the other thread said, mothers are so super duper important they have to be around 24/7 but apparently if there is not a man around, she isnt worthy enough to even keep her kid.

Also, fathers are extremely important, but if one has to get 2 or 3 jobs to keep the mom at home, and thus is never around, that is ok, too.

What a horrible, horrible, horrible woman. This hits close to home as I am a single, SAHM, for the moment. I will soon start be getting a job. No way on earth would my children be better off being adopted by someone else. No Way! I could not live without my children.

She is a freak.

I mentioned this in the other active Lori thread, but she has said this shit before. Other fundie bloggers have said similar things regarding single mothers and then Zsu's homegirl Latisha/Jessica was also recommending that widows marry as soon as possible.

Well Lori's son Ryan has two children, I guess if something happened to Ryan, Lori would recommending to her daughter in law to put the kids up for adoption rather be a working mother.

Lori is a few years younger than I am. In our youth, it was horrifying how many of us were indoctrinated with the lie that it's always "selfish" for an unmarried pregnant woman to keep her child, and that it's always better for the child to be adopted by a married couple. Of course, adoption records were always sealed, for reasons of "privacy" and to "protect" everyone involved.

Lori obviously refuses to be disabused of this notion.

Please read The Girls Who Went Away. It's heartbreaking.

Well Lori's son Ryan has two children, I guess if something happened to Ryan, Lori would recommending to her daughter in law to put the kids up for adoption rather be a working mother.

No--different arrangements would be made for Lori's daughter-in-law, because she had her children within the bonds of Holy Matrimony, and not as a slutty, slutty unmarried whore. :eyeroll:

Those comments must be deleted, I don't see them.

I do see that wall o' text wow omg I did not even attempt to read Ken's two posts in the comments.

For so many years I avoided church because I hated being a single mother there. Lori would be one of those women that I would want to avoid.

Those comments must be deleted, I don't see them.

I do see that wall o' text wow omg I did not even attempt to read Ken's two posts in the comments.

For so many years I avoided church because I hated being a single mother there. Lori would be one of those women that I would want to avoid.

they are there they are just hidden in one of the reply chain. I believe it's the comment with 8 reply's.

I found the comment. I also found that you failed to present a complete picture.

I don't why but the last few days on this forum has been like reading the worst rags that pass as journalism. Inaccurate. Half truths. Half the story. Anything to prey on people's emotions and get them all lathered up with hate, never mind if it is actually true.

Lori explains she was thinking of young teen mothers. Be honest. How many young teen moms do you know and would you encourage them to have an abortion or adopt out the baby? Or do you regularly truly encourage teens to be keep their children when there is likely no way the mom can actually provide for the child?

Here's the c/p "I would definitely not support a mother with older children who was abandoned or divorced to give up her children for adoption. I'm sorry I wasn't clear with my response."

Her presentation isn't that great, but the truth of this matter is that most people do not support teens having babies and would encourage their teen to "get rid of it" . Just as most would expect a 30-something mother of 3 to get a job if her husband dies or runs off or something.

"Get rid of it"??? Did we just time warp back to 1955 and I missed it?!?

Did you? Maybe you have a Delorean and didn't realize what might happen?

No response to what Lori saying is really just the same thing that a lot of people from a lot of different backgrounds say?

Who really encourages teens to get pregnant and have babies? Who really encourages them to keep rather than abort or adopt out? Maybe I time warped somewhere to a society that thinks a single young unemployed female still under the care of her parents make a good candidate for motherhood.

Can you, JHeathen, discuss the issue at hand or will this be more drama tactics rather than an accurate, truthful discussion?

Because I read Lori's blog and she didn't say to give away your kids.

Lori was absolutely back tracking in her follow up comment. The original question mentioned NOTHING of teen mothers, nor did it imply that.

Of the original question implied that. You see that the poster Sara asked for clarification, which Lori gave.

You just copied and pasted the parts you wanted to share, because that suited your agenda. Lori is a lot of things, none of which I like very much, but you are twisting her words.

If she backtracked, that means she would take back her statement that a single mother with no father in the picture should give her child up for adoption. She didn't. She clarified the difference.

Of the original question implied that. You see that the poster Sara asked for clarification, which Lori gave.

You just copied and pasted the parts you wanted to share, because that suited your agenda. Lori is a lot of things, none of which I like very much, but you are twisting her words.

If she backtracked, that means she would take back her statement that a single mother with no father in the picture should give her child up for adoption. She didn't. She clarified the difference.

I might believe Lori's "clarification" had Ken not added his $.02 at the exact time. Since he seems to lurk here often at FJ, it seems clear to me that he saw what was unfolding here (massive criticism of Lori's latest comment) and immediately went into Operation Save Our Asses because he knew it looked bad.

BTW, when Lori's initial comment about single women giving up their children was posted here on the initial thread and most likely on this one, that's all that was written on her site. There was no elaborating anything here. It's what was written. Also, if you'll notice with the original comment Lori responded to, there was nothing in it to indicate the single woman in question was a teenager (or single by choice or not by choice [abandoned, divorced]). The comment didn't indicate anything along those lines. And Lori apparently didn't interpret it that way at first either.

I found the comment. I also found that you failed to present a complete picture.

I don't why but the last few days on this forum has been like reading the worst rags that pass as journalism. Inaccurate. Half truths. Half the story. Anything to prey on people's emotions and get them all lathered up with hate, never mind if it is actually true.

Lori explains she was thinking of young teen mothers. Be honest. How many young teen moms do you know and would you encourage them to have an abortion or adopt out the baby? Or do you regularly truly encourage teens to be keep their children when there is likely no way the mom can actually provide for the child?

Here's the c/p "I would definitely not support a mother with older children who was abandoned or divorced to give up her children for adoption. I'm sorry I wasn't clear with my response."

Her presentation isn't that great, but the truth of this matter is that most people do not support teens having babies and would encourage their teen to "get rid of it" . Just as most would expect a 30-something mother of 3 to get a job if her husband dies or runs off or something.

Well, since you're interested in context, let's take a look at the post AND the comment Lori was responding too before you tire yourself out slapping hands.

The post: Says absolutely zip, zero, zilch about teenage mothers. In other words, NOTHING.

Comments in context:

Lori Alexander:

Yes and Satan has persuaded women that their value was not in the home. This has been his greatest triumph in destroying the home and family, in my opinion.

Reader:

True, but is it women working that is the great triumph or moreso broken families which often force a stay-at-home mom into the workforce.

Lori Alexander:

I firmly believe that what God commands, He provides a way to accomplish it. He commands mothers be keepers at home, so He will provide. It may take a huge step of faith, living on much less, and giving up things, but I have seen it done way too many times not to believe God and His promises.

Reader:

How would a single mother with no father in the picture stay at home? Practically speaking, how would that work?

(Please note that not one solitary word has been written about teenage mothers, nor does Lori mention them in her comment)

Lori Alexander:

The most unselfish thing she could do would be to give her child up for adoption to a godly man and wife. There are many infertile couples who would love to raise a child. She could also live with her mom and dad so her child could have a father figure in his/her life.

Reader:

Wait, what? Are we talking teenage single mothers or women who find themselves without a partner a few years after children? Is there a Christian church that teaches this? I am 1/2 of an infertile couple and my husband and I have met with several different faith-based adoption agencies over the last year and have never heard it suggested that women who find themselves single should give up children that they have already decided to raise.

Lori Alexander:

My reply was thinking she was asking about young teenage mothers, since they are the ones who usually have no father in the picture. I would definitely not support a mother with older children who was abandoned or divorced to give up her children for adoption. I'm sorry I wasn't clear with my response.

I am assuming Lori received more than one comment calling her out on her statement. I am further assuming that when Ken got home and found out what was going on, he suggested she let one of the (milder) comments (particularly one that OFFERED her the excuse that she had been talking about teenage mothers all along) out of moderation and then respond claiming she was referring to teenage mothers the entire time (even though, as we've noted, teenage mothers had never once been mentioned up until that point).

Brownie, you might also find this interesting when compared to Lori's comment yesterday:

Lori Alexander on 8-8-14 :

There are few fathers in the home

Here is the link to that post:

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/08/tender-love-without-tough-love.html

Spoiler: She's NOT discussing teenage mothers ;)

Which makes it kind of interesting that her assertion yesterday was that it's usually the children of teenage mothers who don't have fathers in the home:

Lori Alexander:

My reply was thinking she was asking about young teenage mothers, since they are the ones who usually have no father in the picture. I would definitely not support a mother with older children who was abandoned or divorced to give up her children for adoption. I'm sorry I wasn't clear with my response.

And since you've got me on Lori contradicting herself, here's this Golden Oldie (which IMO, just never gets old ;) )

Lori bemoaning the lack of tough love:

{if the mother is even home. If not, nannies or someone else is raising them.}

Yikes! Nannies raising the kids...where have we seen that before? Oh, yeah! I know!!

Lori Alexander:

Lucy was a Nanny sent from heaven who never wanted to let Cassi cry, so she held her hours a day.

Also of note: In that same post she bemoaned fathers working too many hours:

Too many fathers are working hours every day for the almighty dollar causing their wives to raise the children

Which is kind of funny in light of the fact that she has been very clear that you shouldn't expect your husband to help out with the children, as that is the mother's responsibility. She has further (and recently) stated that if necessary a father should work multiple jobs to prevent his wife from having to leave her home.

Want me to quote her?

Archived