IGNORED

TLC ordered more Kate Plus 8

homeschoolmomma1

Mady is 13, right? So, she's around the age where lots of hormonal changes, so that could lead to moodiness/bitchiness/whininess (basing this off myself at that age, haha). That whole set up seemed strangely formal. Like a CEO at a company calling a formal meeting, not a mother sitting down her children to discuss spring break.

We have someone at work that we call "back to me". She does the whole hand waving thing Kate does while saying "back to me, back to me".

I never watched any of the original series. Ugh, this woman comes across despicable and cray in the clip. Is she for real? She looks like she walked off the set of a Housewives franchise with that ratty weave, Botox, and spray tan.

I never watched any of the original series. Ugh, this woman comes across despicable and cray in the clip. Is she for real? She looks like she walked off the set of a Housewives franchise with that ratty weave, Botox, and spray tan.

Everything you need to know about her and her relationship with the older girls is covered in this interview.....which is the funniest smack down by teen girls I've ever seen. :D :D :D :D

For context, she had just had the girls do a magazine interview saying how awesome mom was and how much dad sucked. Great mom that one :roll:

http://youtu.be/l99uaPOmFOI

Good grief. Starting the show back up when the kids are reaching puberty and probably don't want to see anyone's face? This lady is just asking for her kids to disown her.

Completely agree about it being horrible timing. I said it another thread on Kate, but I'm actually very worried about the quiet twin, Cara. I only saw a few episodes of the show, but watching the catch up special they did -- there is something very, very " off" about her. Her sister Mady is really obnoxious- but in a hormonal, snotty 13 year old way. Cara seems to be almost literally unable to speak. And has some very odd mannerisms. I really try to avoid the idle speculation about reality show folks based on expression and body language and the tiny snippets we see--- but I really think that girl needs some help. Especially as in the previous shows she was the quieter twin - but she appeared able to form a sentence.

Mady has pretty much always been like that, so I doubt it's hormonal teenage stuff. Though that could be exacerbating it. I think she just feeds off Kate and is a lot like her, sadly.

Even with hormonal teen outbursts, a loving mom would at least come across to a discouraged teenager with compassion but Kate is just mean and all hard edges. I don't blame Mady. i just thought by now she would be able to get her discouragement across without the four year old whiney thing. :| Her parents have really failed her imo not training her how to deal with situations...

but i don't have a teenager yet so i might eat crow on this one. :lol:

still whiney at that age, ouch (from the video clip when Mady got sent to her room). Kate is really mean to them. And... the bird :?

I thought Mady seemed really obedient from that clip. Sure she's mouthy, but as soon as Khate told her to go to her room she jumped up and went. I would have preferred that she sat there longer and refused to go anywhere :stir-pot:

It's been so long since I've seen this show. I can't remember which twin I like and which one was the annoying Kate-in-training. Maybe they are both mini Kate now, for all I know.

I knew from the first season that Kate & Jon wouldn't make it. She treated him like a dog and came across as just a terribly inflexible person. I don't think parents should be so inflexible and rigid. Stuff comes up. Kids get ice cream on their clothes at Disney World. It's not the end of the world to go skiing when you are on vacation in Colorado instead of doing laundry for one day. She had so much help. Yes, Jon could have probably helped out a little more, but it appeared that he actually liked his kids as individuals and people, and wanted to get to know them.

What a pity the kids have to film again. It's possible that TLC's contact still has follow-up options for filming and we know Kate can't/won't find another job.

It looks like just another 2 hour special.

What a pity the kids have to film again. It's possible that TLC's contact still has follow-up options for filming and we know Kate can't/won't find another job.

It looks like just another 2 hour special.

I think it's actually good for the kids because Khate will behave like a normal asshole instead of like a psychotic asshole when there are cameras around, and the film crew is nice to the kids and probably teach them interesting stuff. The twins seem to genuinely like filming. It's just a pity that Khate gets attention and $$$.

Everything you need to know about her and her relationship with the older girls is covered in this interview.....which is the funniest smack down by teen girls I've ever seen. :D :D :D :D

For context, she had just had the girls do a magazine interview saying how awesome mom was and how much dad sucked. Great mom that one :roll:

http://youtu.be/l99uaPOmFOI

Those girls need an interview without their mom sitting between them like a vulture ready to attack. Pretty sure the girls clammed up because Kate was right there.

It's been so long since I've seen this show. I can't remember which twin I like and which one was the annoying Kate-in-training. Maybe they are both mini Kate now, for all I know.

I knew from the first season that Kate & Jon wouldn't make it. She treated him like a dog and came across as just a terribly inflexible person. I don't think parents should be so inflexible and rigid. Stuff comes up. Kids get ice cream on their clothes at Disney World. It's not the end of the world to go skiing when you are on vacation in Colorado instead of doing laundry for one day. She had so much help. Yes, Jon could have probably helped out a little more, but it appeared that he actually liked his kids as individuals and people, and wanted to get to know them.

John stilled married her

I don't like Kate. I never liked Kate. I don't think I ever watched their show but I saw them on GMA or something and I was mortified at how she treated Jon.

Not sure Jon is the greatest either but hands down I'd be Team Jon if I had to choose.

I only watched 1.5 min of that clip. The girls embarrassed the heck out of Kate and I was LOLOL'ing at how Kate's trying to control these girls.

Gah. Kate is so disgusting. She clearly expected them to follow a script and got pissed off when they didn't. I know that tone. I predict Kate will lose her kids once they get old enough to get away.

I remember seeing what was, at the time, a one off special on Jon and Kate when the younger 6 were still babies. She was at the most normal I have ever seen her in that programme.

She wasn't over-styled, didn't look like she had much, if any, makeup on and was wearing a T Shirt and track pants. They lived in the same house she and Jon had bought and the babies were all in a big playpen as they were becoming mobile. Jon was gone all day working in IT (I think) and Kate seemed so much more like a normal busy mum, rather than the bitch on wheels she quickly morphed into.

Makes me wonder if TLC hadn't come by brandishing their chequebooks, if it would have all turned out so much better for the family as a whole.

it was probably just exhaustion taking the edge off. Based on what's in the tell-all book, Kate always wanted to use the kids as a ticket to fame.

I hate when people bag on Mady :( Mady is probably the sanest and most well adjusted person in that household. She has a very normal sense of justice and she knows what is going on in that house is a load of crap. Does she act out? Yes. I can't really blame a child for acting like a child when put in a strenuous situation though. It's not like children have many coping skills like adults do and lord knows her adult mother is not modeling ANY coping skills whatsoever for her.

You have to remember that before the 6 were born, Mady's life was completely different. She and Cara were doted on by J&K and probably both sets of grandparents. When Kate was pregnant with the 6, the twins were cared for my Kate's parents pretty much full time since Kate was on bedrest for 320 weeks :roll:

Once the 6 were born, everything change. Not just the fact that there are now 6 new babies and a million volunteers in the house, but they also had all contact with their grandparents cut off thanks to Kate. Everyone that those kids get close to get torn away from them by Kate. They have lost Aunt Jodi/Uncle Kevin, Beth, Nana Janet and any nanny they ever got close to.

On top of that, the twins are now second class citizens simply because they were unfortunate enough to be born as "only" twins. Mady is smart. She knows they are treated differently than the 6 and when she brings it up she is blown off by her mother. We've seen it right on episodes of the tv show. The tups DO NOT need 3 birthday parties for 1 birthday. Mady has a right to be angry about that and to voice her opinion on that.

Mady has had Kate's number for a long time and she can play her mother like a fiddle. The fact that she is only 13 still comes into play, of course, but Kate better watch out when that girl is older because she is in for a world of hurt.

Regarding the GMA interview: Kate wanted those girls to go on national television and throw their father under the bus. That is unconscionable. She deserves every bit of blow back she gets for putting those kids through that. Cara has not wanted to be filmed for YEARS. She loves her dad and certainly didn't want to throw him under the bus on national tv, but you can tell both those kids fear their mom and why wouldn't they. This is a woman that used a wooden spoon to 'happy them up' when they were barely over toddlerhood.

ugh...I know way too much about these people's lives

Archived