IGNORED

TLC ordered more Kate Plus 8

homeschoolmomma1

I hate when people bag on Mady :( Mady is probably the sanest and most well adjusted person in that household. She has a very normal sense of justice and she knows what is going on in that house is a load of crap. Does she act out? Yes. I can't really blame a child for acting like a child when put in a strenuous situation though. It's not like children have many coping skills like adults do and lord knows her adult mother is not modeling ANY coping skills whatsoever for her.

You have to remember that before the 6 were born, Mady's life was completely different. She and Cara were doted on by J&K and probably both sets of grandparents. When Kate was pregnant with the 6, the twins were cared for my Kate's parents pretty much full time since Kate was on bedrest for 320 weeks :roll:

Once the 6 were born, everything change. Not just the fact that there are now 6 new babies and a million volunteers in the house, but they also had all contact with their grandparents cut off thanks to Kate. Everyone that those kids get close to get torn away from them by Kate. They have lost Aunt Jodi/Uncle Kevin, Beth, Nana Janet and any nanny they ever got close to.

On top of that, the twins are now second class citizens simply because they were unfortunate enough to be born as "only" twins. Mady is smart. She knows they are treated differently than the 6 and when she brings it up she is blown off by her mother. We've seen it right on episodes of the tv show. The tups DO NOT need 3 birthday parties for 1 birthday. Mady has a right to be angry about that and to voice her opinion on that.

Mady has had Kate's number for a long time and she can play her mother like a fiddle. The fact that she is only 13 still comes into play, of course, but Kate better watch out when that girl is older because she is in for a world of hurt.

Regarding the GMA interview: Kate wanted those girls to go on national television and throw their father under the bus. That is unconscionable. She deserves every bit of blow back she gets for putting those kids through that. Cara has not wanted to be filmed for YEARS. She loves her dad and certainly didn't want to throw him under the bus on national tv, but you can tell both those kids fear their mom and why wouldn't they. This is a woman that used a wooden spoon to 'happy them up' when they were barely over toddlerhood.

ugh...I know way too much about these people's lives

Two things: One, I heard (possibly a rumor on FJ) that the twins do not see their dad. Is that not true?

Two, I think the twins like being filmed. You can see in the video that Mama Mia posted that Cara is completely silent until the end when the interviewer asks if they want to film again and then both girls give big smiles and nod vigourously. I think the film crew treats them well and Khate behaves a little bit better when cameras are around.

Two things: One, I heard (possibly a rumor on FJ) that the twins do not see their dad. Is that not true?

Two, I think the twins like being filmed. You can see in the video that Mama Mia posted that Cara is completely silent until the end when the interviewer asks if they want to film again and then both girls give big smiles and nod vigourously. I think the film crew treats them well and Khate behaves a little bit better when cameras are around.

I believe that Jon confirmed that he doesn't see the twins and one of the sextuplets. Kate should congratulate herself that her obsessive parental alienation plot worked on some of the children. I am not sure about the tup, but with the twins I suspect it has to do with the fact that they are at an age where bribery has high value. Kate clearly gives the twins preferential treatment in certain things. She tweets about how they are her BFFs and how they are in her room with her watching tv (which if you watched the show you know she threatened the kids that they would NEVER be in her room under penalty of severeness). I also suspect she uses a lot of guilt. Saying things like she will miss them SO much and she will be all alone if they go to their dads and things like that. She has admitted she shares her problems with the kids to "keep them safe," so who knows what she has told them about Jon, but I'm willing to bet none of it is good.

I'm sure she thinks this is great that they love her more and don't go to see Jon on their COURT ORDERED custody time, but IMO, it will likely come back to bite her in the ass in a few years.

My personal opinion regarding the tup that doesn't go is that a) someone has to take care of the chickens, b) it's a form of punishment and c) it's also some guilt factor since that particular tup is the one that wants to please her desperately.

On filming, I think there is a difference between WANTING to film and understanding that their life is better when their mother is happy and that what makes her happy is filming. Those kids are not stupid and living with Kate 24/7 with no break has to be hellish. You never know which Kate you are going to get and then it can change in the blink of an eye. When she is filming, she is happy and there is at least some insulation between her and the kids.

Cara has not wanted to be on camera for years. If you watch the show and even the special you can see that she is not thrilled about being on camera.

Her ability to smile and nod when her mother expects her to notwithstanding.

I think Mady has less problems with filming and I think Mady is getting adept at using filming to make Kate look bad. Mady allegedly likes acting/theater (it's hard to know what the kids actually like vs what Kate wants/determines the kids will like) and if that's the case, it makes sense that she would enjoy filming and possibly having the chance to be around the crew and see the whole process.

Everything you need to know about her and her relationship with the older girls is covered in this interview.....which is the funniest smack down by teen girls I've ever seen. :D :D :D :D

For context, she had just had the girls do a magazine interview saying how awesome mom was and how much dad sucked. Great mom that one :roll:

http://youtu.be/l99uaPOmFOI

Thanks for the clip. That was cringeworthy. My heart breaks for those girls being thrust into the spotlight like that. They look so mortified and defeated.

I truly hope that once the children are older, they understand and see their manipulative mother for what she is. Jon is their father and Kate is the one who chose him to fill that role. It's a little late to cry "He's unfit to be a father!" after you have created children together and have jointly raised them for a few years, just because you personally don't like him anymore. Obviously documented abuse cases are an exception.

With a bit of maturity and space from their mother, hopefully all the kids will all reconnect with Jon (and anyone else Kate has alienated them from) as they grow up and understand what an injustice their mother has perpetrated on them. This is not to suggest Jon is perfect either; who is? But those kids have a right to spend time with both parents, something Kate cannot see.

Tl;dr version: Kids grow up, realise Kate is a bitch and that their Dad and other significant adults are not as bad as Kate said, dump Kate's ass and be happy with the rest of their family.

I hope the kids make it to adulthood with their sibling relationship intact. Kate does so many things to pit the kids against each other and the "kid groups" (as she views them) against each other that I worry by the time they are old enough to get away from her, they will no longer have any sibling bond left either :(

I hate when people bag on Mady :( Mady is probably the sanest and most well adjusted person in that household. She has a very normal sense of justice and she knows what is going on in that house is a load of crap. Does she act out? Yes. I can't really blame a child for acting like a child when put in a strenuous situation though. It's not like children have many coping skills like adults do and lord knows her adult mother is not modeling ANY coping skills whatsoever for her.

You have to remember that before the 6 were born, Mady's life was completely different. She and Cara were doted on by J&K and probably both sets of grandparents. When Kate was pregnant with the 6, the twins were cared for my Kate's parents pretty much full time since Kate was on bedrest for 320 weeks :roll:

Once the 6 were born, everything change. Not just the fact that there are now 6 new babies and a million volunteers in the house, but they also had all contact with their grandparents cut off thanks to Kate. Everyone that those kids get close to get torn away from them by Kate. They have lost Aunt Jodi/Uncle Kevin, Beth, Nana Janet and any nanny they ever got close to.

On top of that, the twins are now second class citizens simply because they were unfortunate enough to be born as "only" twins. Mady is smart. She knows they are treated differently than the 6 and when she brings it up she is blown off by her mother. We've seen it right on episodes of the tv show. The tups DO NOT need 3 birthday parties for 1 birthday. Mady has a right to be angry about that and to voice her opinion on that.

Mady has had Kate's number for a long time and she can play her mother like a fiddle. The fact that she is only 13 still comes into play, of course, but Kate better watch out when that girl is older because she is in for a world of hurt.

Regarding the GMA interview: Kate wanted those girls to go on national television and throw their father under the bus. That is unconscionable. She deserves every bit of blow back she gets for putting those kids through that. Cara has not wanted to be filmed for YEARS. She loves her dad and certainly didn't want to throw him under the bus on national tv, but you can tell both those kids fear their mom and why wouldn't they. This is a woman that used a wooden spoon to 'happy them up' when they were barely over toddlerhood.

ugh...I know way too much about these people's lives

All of this. Honestly, the prospect of dealing with a personality like Mady is one reason of many that I never want to be a parent. I don't think I would handle sass and tantrums well *at all.* At the same time, my heart bleeds for Mady; she's didn't ask to be born and it's her parents' responsibility to lovingly teach her how to deal with the world; as Curious said, they seem to be utterly failing in teaching her any healthy coping skills. I seriously hope Mady is in good therapy and continues with it forever. My guess is she has so much anger and frustration because of her upbringing that she will need to work through it for many years.

Kate's pathetic.

Imagine all the jobs she could have had over the years while she was desperately trying to make a job out of getting back on TV? She's her own biggest fan. Constantly being a bitch is really not interesting TV...

I cannot wait to hear the truth from the kids one day. Cause you know that's gonna happen.

Completely agree about it being horrible timing. I said it another thread on Kate, but I'm actually very worried about the quiet twin, Cara. I only saw a few episodes of the show, but watching the catch up special they did -- there is something very, very " off" about her. Her sister Mady is really obnoxious- but in a hormonal, snotty 13 year old way. Cara seems to be almost literally unable to speak. And has some very odd mannerisms. I really try to avoid the idle speculation about reality show folks based on expression and body language and the tiny snippets we see--- but I really think that girl needs some help. Especially as in the previous shows she was the quieter twin - but she appeared able to form a sentence.

Mady has in my opinion always been very obnoxious. I always thought that Kate never pulled her up enough on her temper tantrums and the horrible way she spoke to her parents. She unfortunately is a product of her parents. A very strong willed child with a dominate personality (not a bad thing) that was never shown the right/constructive way to channel her anger and frustrations.

I stopped watching this show as I was almost breaking my tv throwing stuff at Kate.

I do feel sorry for Jon, Kate picked her target she wanted someone without a spine and she got one. He is what he is. I don't blame him for going wild after leaving her, I mean after the way he was treated by her.... I don't know much about how good of a parent he is now, but I hope that he is and that he can maintain a stable and loving role in his childrens lives.

I bet TLC is more inclined to film the family now that Kate is desperate for money. The kids have college funds set aside. College will not be a problem for those that choose to attend we know that from Jon.

Kate need money to pay her mortgage and helpers. She cannot make the demands she made three years ago because her family has for the most part been out of the spotlight. TLC calls the shots this time.

I remember the episode where Kate "surprised" John for his birthday with a trip to Key West. She forgets to put on sunscreen and gets burned. She also makes one of those smug statements how couples really need to invest in their marriage by going off alone. Um yeah Kate. and how long after that free trip did your $#!t hit the fan? I think they would have been a lot happier had they taken some show money and put an addition on the house and Jon kept his job instead of moving into that mansion and being TLC stars 24/7. Kate would still have been a bitch, but Jon would have been happier. I will say, Jon impressed me in the episode where he and a friend painted the girls' room.

I don't think Jon is an angel but those kids shouldn't be able to say no.

In my experience most judges will allow teens to make custody and visitation decisions independently, unless one of the parents is blatantly unfit.

The problem with this is both the parents and the kids can use this in manipulative and destructive ways. On the other hand, forcing a sullen teen to go hang out at moms for the weekend when she wants to stay with dad could cause even more resentment. It's a complicated situation, I'm my opinion.

It saddens me that the twins don't see Jon anymore, because Jon and Cara always seemed to have a really good relationship and shared interests, but at the same time, Cara is probably not willing to speak up and get on her mom's bad side.

It saddens me that the twins don't see Jon anymore, because Jon and Cara always seemed to have a really good relationship and shared interests, but at the same time, Cara is probably not willing to speak up and get on her mom's bad side.

A few days ago I was looking for a picture of Kate hugging one of her kids so I did an image search for "Kate Gosselin hug", "Kate Gosselin hugging a kid", Kate Gosselin hugging a sextuplet", "Kate Gosselin hugging a twin", etc, and the closest thing I found was Jon hugging the kids and Kate putting Jon in a strangle hold hug. I couldn't find a single picture of Kate hugging a kid, so I used one of Kate spanking a kid instead. :roll:

• 4 weeks later...

All I needed to know about Kate I learned from her celebrity wife swap with Kendra Wilkinson. That woman is full of spite and unhappiness.

The full episode is on YouTube by the way, just look it up if you want to watch.

I kind of like Kate. But it's easy to say that since I've never had to deal with her, and she's not my mom.... I would 100% watch them if they came back.

Would you mind explain what you find likable about her? In the first special I liked that she was honest about what having that many babies did to her body and didn't mind showing people. She also came off as more of a normal person, but even in that one I questioned her parenting skills. But after that, she just came off as a controlling, mean, verbally abusive person who should not have had children. I imagine that Lori Alexander is a lot like Kate.

Kate was brought up as a pastor's kid- I imagine there was a lot of controlling behavior that happened in her family's house. I think Kate does the same- bully everyone around her to get her way because she MUST be in control of everything at all times.

I think the twins will probably split as quickly as they can.

Seriously?! TLC has to stop. This woman needs to be off tv.

How do they find camera men that want to film her? They must pay them 10x more for this show than their others.

It's clear the older twins want no piece of the TV show, so why are they still forcing this nonsense?

I think the twins want nothing to do with throwing their dad under the bus, but I think they probably like being filmed. The camera crew is nice to them, Khate behaves a little better with the cameras around, TLC pays for fun activities, and 13 year olds in general would be thrilled with the idea of being on tv.

I find it very sad that Cara doesn't see Jon anymore, they were close at one point. I totally see Mady not seeing him, she's Khate's "mini me" I would venture a guess that if one of the sext's doesn't see Jon it's Hannah, she's also Khate's fav, remember, she's the only one of the 8 kids that got a BR all to herself!

Archived