IGNORED

We Stand With Doug

debrand

buildingafamilythatwillstand.blogspot.com/2013/11/doug-phillips-vision-forum.html#comment-form

Considering that most of his former friends are running like hell from him, I thought it was interesting that one family is whole heartedly standing behind him.

Doug Phillips happened to be one of the few men bold enough to speak those truths for many years, and we remain exceedingly thankful that the Lord raised him up for such a time as this.

We want to make it abundantly clear that we make no attempt to distance ourselves from the ministry or the man. We yet consider Vision Forum to be an excellent resource for faith affirming and family building materials and plan to continue to benefit from the products offered, encouraging others to do likewise. As for the man, our brother, Doug, he has seemingly proven himself to be wholly repentant, taking all necessary steps to subject himself to the accountability and oversight of his church elders, to make amends where and as possible, and to endeavour to walk out his repentance in humility, and so we stand with and for him, praying that his repentance is true and that good fruit will be the result from this time forward.

But do they stand wide with him?

They will leave that for BRADRICK!.

Yep, these folks are thoroughly pickled in the VF/NCFIC/Dominionism Kool-Aid. For more fun, start with July 2011 in their blog, and go forward in time to follow the courtship story of their oldest son. Mommy and Daddy were pulling the puppet strings every inch of the way.

They wrote their We Stand With Doug post in early November - I wonder how they feel now, as more information about Dougiegate has emerged??

Yep, these folks are thoroughly pickled in the VF/NCFIC/Dominionism Kool-Aid. For more fun, start with July 2011 in their blog, and go forward in time to follow the courtship story of their oldest son. Mommy and Daddy were pulling the puppet strings every inch of the way.

They wrote their We Stand With Doug post in early November - I wonder how they feel now, as more information about Dougiegate has emerged??

She is also a wet blanket when it comes to kids having fun.

see," the little girl responds, as she continues to take in the scenes surrounding her. Her eyes become surprised and mildly amused as she asks,"Well who is that little boy dressed as, Mom? He's so cute and funny with his red suit and pointed tail, carrying that silly pitchfork!"

"He's dressed as the enemy of your soul--the devil. He is a liar and a deceiver. Satan convinces people that his ways are fun and harmless so that he can bring their death and destruction. Satan wants to see you burn for an eternity in hell, honey. And he will do everything in his power to confuse you to believe that the Christian life is one of drudgery and that his life for you is all fun and pleasure."

I have a feeling that she said the bolded in the Church Lady's voice.

Wow. The courtship posts are interesting. Apparently, the young lady's father called future groom and told him to guard his daughter's heart which I guess is code for, only hearty handshakes are allowed until you put a ring on her finger. The couple decided that even walking arm in arm was too much for their libidos. Seriously, if you can't walk arm in arm with someone without dissolving into a steaming puddle of lust, you aren't ready for marriage.

September 2011

We'd always believed that during the courtship phase physical touching would be prohibited, save a handshake or helping the young lady in and out of vehicles, fairly innocuous things like that. We'd also believed that once betrothed it would be fine for the young couple to hold hands and to walk arm in arm. We'd all agreed that frontal hugging and kissing should be reserved for marriage, but hand-holding and linking arms seemed appropriate to us.

Wow. The courtship posts are interesting. Apparently, the young lady's father called future groom and told him to guard his daughter's heart which I guess is code for, only hearty handshakes are allowed until you put a ring on her finger. The couple decided that even walking arm in arm was too much for their libidos. Seriously, if you can't walk arm in arm with someone without dissolving into a steaming puddle of lust, you aren't ready for marriage.

September 2011

and on a somewhat related note, I see that their first child was born nine months to the week after the wedding… :whistle:

Good ol' mom manages to use the word "chaperone" 6 times in one post. Very impressive :roll: :

Bethany Teaching Honour School In The Truck While Chaperoning

The Faithful Chaperone

And Today's Chaperone Is ... Blessing!

~ She Took Her Job Very Seriously!! ~

Chaperoning Is Serious Business!

A New Chaperone During Barn Chores!

~ Cherish ~

The Long Walk

~ Little Chaperones ~

We get it mom. We get it. Your son is 24 and contemplating marriage, but he NEEDS CHAPERONES! They were constantly CHAPERONED. Sometimes the CHAPERONES were small children...you know CHAPERONING grown adults. Because grown adults need CHAPERONES. This time 6 months from now they will be married and trying to have a quiverfull of their own, but for now, has anyone seen all of their CHAPERONES???? :pull-hair:

She finished up by saying:

Caleb & Jordan Can't Hold Hands Or Link Arms Yet,

But Bethany Makes A Terrific Conduit!

:wtf: is wrong with these people????????? :evil-eye:

:wtf: is wrong with these people????????? :evil-eye:

extreme fear of sex and lack of control. it really shows how poor their training is when they have to avoid temptation because they cant control temptation. This really has to screw with peoples sex lives and make it not every good.

On the August 2nd birthday post, front page- looks like they are advertising the oldest daughter for marriage. Ugh. Why couldn't they wish her a *genuine* happy birthday instead of all the nonsense they put up? From the blog:

"She's cute, she can skin a moose, and she's got a boat!" Indeed, she is, she can, and she does! But kidding aside, she is, can, and does so much more!

...and we'll even throw in a uterus and a cook all for the low low price of 19.95 :angry-banghead:

From Caleb and Jordan's wedding ceremony. I admit this made me laugh childishly :lol:

I’ve prepared you as an arrow, with a head sharpened by the Word of God, a shaft straight and true by God’s Laws and Statutes, and fleshing smoothed by prayer and biblical counsel.

buildingafamilythatwillstand.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/calebs-jordans-wedding.html

So, how many fundies are already preggers when they get married? A pregnancy is an average of 40 weeks or a little over 9 months.

SOunds like perhaps there was a little more than hand holding before the wedding.

It took my ex and I almost 8 months to conceive our daughter. We charted and everything. Boxers for him.... everything you can imagine.

How in the world can so many of these fundies go from hand holding to getting pregnant on their wedding night?

So, how many fundies are already preggers when they get married? A pregnancy is an average of 40 weeks or a little over 9 months.

SOunds like perhaps there was a little more than hand holding before the wedding.

It took my ex and I almost 8 months to conceive our daughter. We charted and everything. Boxers for him.... everything you can imagine.

How in the world can so many of these fundies go from hand holding to getting pregnant on their wedding night?

I think that not being able to touch or be without chaperones would make the likelihood of sex even greater if the couple are accidentally alone. They haven't been taught that self control is their own responsibility or even something that they can do by themselves. It wouldn't be surprising that the moment that the youngest chaperone gets distracted that the young couple end up doing more than they intended. If holding hands is wrong, you might as well go all the way because your sinning no matter what you do. And because they didn't intend to have sex anyway, they won't use birth control.

Fundies are very sex centered. The focus is on preventing two adults from having sex not on love or their religion or anything else.

I always assumed that these quick conception times were due to the young ages of the bride and groom, coupled with repressed sexuality and the fact that they are really trying for a baby. When I mean "really trying," I mean that they need to have a baby to save face with their community and be taken seriously as adults, not just because they want a child. Children are a status symbol for these people, and they need to get the ball rolling ASAP.

Also, I'm confused about these super strict courtships. Did the no-kissing, no-physical contact concept come from Josh Harris? I ask, because these types of courtships are completely ahistorical, and seem to have been developed just within the last 25 years or so.

Ha! Sounds very penis-centric.

It does! But pointy-headed (ouch!)

On the August 2nd birthday post, front page- looks like they are advertising the oldest daughter for marriage. Ugh. Why couldn't they wish her a *genuine* happy birthday instead of all the nonsense they put up? From the blog:

...and we'll even throw in a uterus and a cook all for the low low price of 19.95 :angry-banghead:

UFBZMQj.jpg

You have to count 38 weeks from the wedding (plus or minus 3 weeks the normal range for average pregnancy) because the first two weeks of "pregnancy" don't count.

extreme fear of sex and lack of control. it really shows how poor their training is when they have to avoid temptation because they cant control temptation. This really has to screw with peoples sex lives and make it not every good.

They do everything in their power to de-sex their children. It's stems from their inability to unhook from their kids, accept that they are independent and separate beings, and LET GO in a psychologically healthy and appropriate way. For these folks, sex is for procreation only: no pleasure, no fun. Jordan's off the hook, and has officially proven herself, because she was able to make a baby so soon after the wedding, thereby massaging the parental and in-laws' egos.

Jordan is pregnant again. The blessing is due in June, three months after their second wedding anniversary.

Archived