IGNORED

We Stand With Doug

debrand

For these folks, sex is for procreation only: no pleasure, no fun.

Unless you're male. Teh wimminz can stuff it.

I always assumed that these quick conception times were due to the young ages of the bride and groom, coupled with repressed sexuality and the fact that they are really trying for a baby. When I mean "really trying," I mean that they need to have a baby to save face with their community and be taken seriously as adults, not just because they want a child. Children are a status symbol for these people, and they need to get the ball rolling ASAP.

I think this is it. At least on the part of the young men (and the young women who will submit). When I was part of this kind of thinking I heard a lot of stories of how miserable the young women were, since you don't turn indoctrination of "sex is evil, sex is for whores, sex is not for you" on a dime when you get married; pain, assuming that pleasure was only for the young man, the young men not being able to fathom ways to make sex more pleasant for her (or if they wanted to, the wife being freaked out by touching/oral sex, ect.). I know there are exceptions too, but it just seemed pretty sad to me.

Some people want more physical, non sexual affection than other people. I know people who feel suffocated if they are touched too often and I tend to be a bit touchy feely with my husband. It isn't that a marriage between two such opposite people couldn't work but how do you even know how much physical affection you need if you never touch before marriage? For some people, holding hands or cuddling is important. What if you feel really uncomfortable with cuddling or hand holding but find out on your wedding night that your spouse really needs to do those things a lot? Some people can work out a compromise but the fundie couple never gets to decide if this should be a factor in determining who to marry. They might not even realize that they have strong feelings about what might seem like a petty issue to them.

From Caleb and Jordan's wedding ceremony. I admit this made me laugh childishly :lol:

buildingafamilythatwillstand.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/calebs-jordans-wedding.html

Holy effing eff. And, ummm, don't they mean "fletching"--as in the process of affixing feathers to the end of an arrow?

Holy effing eff. And, ummm, don't they mean "fletching"--as in the process of affixing feathers to the end of an arrow?

Freudian slip, no doubt ;)

Not only is it accidentally sexual but it is also arrogant. Can you imagine your father telling a crowd of people that he is the reason for your success?

TBH, if I was a bloke, I wouldn't want my father discussing my shaft during my wedding ceremony, FULL STOP. :lol:

(Or at any other time, really...)

Uh, yeah these folks have been definitely been standing wide with Doug.........

I always assumed that these quick conception times were due to the young ages of the bride and groom, coupled with repressed sexuality and the fact that they are really trying for a baby. When I mean "really trying," I mean that they need to have a baby to save face with their community and be taken seriously as adults, not just because they want a child. Children are a status symbol for these people, and they need to get the ball rolling ASAP.

I think this is true as well. My "facebook fundie," (that I grew up with) as I so lovingly referred to her, had a baby 8 months after her wedding. I 100% know that they did not have sex before the wedding either, because she told her fiance that she had a visit from Mother Nature the day of, and he TOLD HIS WHOLE WEDDING PARTY. So we all knew when exactly the poor child was conceived.

I was married a year or two before her and I remember her being huffed that I had beat her "to the ring." Well, she's since made up for it and had five kids in six years. I've had one and am much saner, I'd bet. That's one race I loved losing. :cracking-up:

TBH, if I was a bloke, I wouldn't want my father discussing my shaft during my wedding ceremony, FULL STOP. :lol:

(Or at any other time, really...)

:lol:

Archived