IGNORED

Diamond Diploma?

Ms Jess

Anyone heard of this? I first came across it when a facebook friend posted this:

diamonddiploma.com/70-things-i-learned-in-my-20s/

1. Apartment living robs you. Renting a small house with the girls is the way to go.

2. Wine > vodka.

3. Leggings = life made.

4. Roommates are great to try recipes out on.

5. Disney movies will never get old.

6. Cheaters are not worth it.

7. Go the speed limit. Tickets are the worst.

8. Sometimes all you need is ice-cream or pizza.

9. Your friends were there for you before the boyfriend.

10. Tell your family you love them as much as possible.

11. Drinking & driving is not worth it.

12. Mexican hole-in-the-wall restaurants have the best margaritas.

13. You’ll fail a couple of times. It’s okay, I promise.

14. If you need help with money, ask, don’t continue to struggle.

15. Not everyone is going to like you.

16. Men’s razors work better.

17. Vote, but know exactly what you’re voting for.

18. When you need guidance, read your Bible.

19. If you think a dress is too short, it is.

20. Bubble baths aren’t just for toddlers.

21. Nanny or babysit regularly, it’s great practice.

22. You can never have too many shoes.

23. Stand up for your beliefs. They’re not stupid.

24. Sometimes you just need to cry.

25. Watch the news, read a blog, learn about the world.

26. Traveling is the best money you can spend.

27. Drink at least 2 glasses of water before going to bed if you were drinking.

28. Love is patient. Love is kind.

29. Being a bridesmaid is expensive. Save.

30. Exercise. Your health is everything.

31. If he cares, he’ll call.

32. Not everyone needs to know what you’re doing on Facebook.

33. Nude heels go with everything.

34. Wait to get a dog, they’re a lot of work.

35. Wait to have kids.

36. Use sunscreen. Sunspots and wrinkly skin isn’t worth a temporary tan.

37. Moisturize!

38. Sleepy time tea before bed… it’s surprisingly nice and relaxing.

39. Get in the best shape of your life — you’re in your prime!

40. Life is just better with coffee.

41. Set goals and actually try to reach them.

42. Smile more.

43. Judge less.

44. Compliment the beauty in others.

45. Nagging pushes you further away from those you actually care about.

46. Nice guys > Jerks

47. Never lose touch with your siblings and cousins.

48. Remember to call mom, but don’t forget to call dad.

49. Do something for others. Tithe, volunteer, give a gift to someone in need…

50. Being single isn’t the worst thing in the world.

51. Guys HATE high-waisted jean shorts.

52. My mom was right… about everything.

53. Whattaburger’s honey butter chicken biscuits are the best food after a night of drinking.

54. Treat others how you’d like to be treated.

55. Set your alarm, and actually get up.

56. The real world can be really mean.

57. Crafting soothes the soul.

58. Dance… who cares if you “can’t.â€

59. God’s timing is perfect.

60. Put your phone down and live a little.

61. Forgive.

62. Spoil yourself with new lingerie.

63. Duck face is not cute.

64. Remember to take pictures.

65. College was made for finding bridesmaids.

66. Exes typically always want you back…eventually.

67. Exes are NOT worth taking back.

68. You’re only in your 20′s for 10 years.

69. Men love classy ladies.

70. Glorify God… live to make Him happy.

Some of them make sense -- not everyone on Facebook needs to know what you're doing, put your phone down and live -- but the bolded portions especially made me :? . Duh, being single isn't the worst thing in the world. Who cares if guys hate high-waisted short? And, um, I believe college is for getting an education.

I went to check out the rest of the site and found this:

diamonddiploma.com/the-one/

I know my husband is out there. The man God has chosen for me. I know that in perfect timing we will be introduced and everything with fall into place perfectly. Although I don’t know who this man is, I dream of our life together daily.

On our wedding day he’s going to shed a tear when he sees me walking down the aisle. I imagine him being a lot taller than me and carrying me down the aisle after our “I Do’s.†When it comes time to cut the cake, he’ll lightly smush it in my face as I completely cover his.

I’m going to guess and say he’ll wake up at the crack of dawn. I can’t wait to wake up to him kissing my forehead every morning… I can imagine him trying to cuddle before crawling out of bed, even though he knows I’m not a morning person. I can picture him getting up & getting ready for work. I’ll be laying in bed annoyed that he leaves the water running when he brushes his teeth. I’ll finally get out of bed because I’ll smell the coffee brewing. I’ll walk into the kitchen looking like a complete zombie and he’ll say “Good morning, beautiful.†When I finally get a good look at him without sleepy eyes, I’ll laugh at his bedhead hair and he’ll laugh even more at the sight of mine. I can see myself whipping up something quick for his breakfast. And before he leaves for work we’ll kiss about 20 times before he finally walks out the door.

I’m certain he’ll be a great father. If we have boys they’ll be a spitting imagine of him and if we have a girls they will be the definition of daddy’s little princess. I can already imagine our family playing in the backyard. He’ll be throwing all the kids in the pool and they’ll all be splashing me to jump in too. I can see our house becoming the neighborhood hang out spot. During football season we’ll have BBQ’s every Sunday, and I know he’ll be the master of the grill.

I have a feeling he’ll be a little messy. He’ll throw his clothes on the floor even though the hamper is two feet away. He’ll forget to take his shoes off at the door and track mud throughout the house on rainy days, but luckily I’m a clean freak, so he won’t even notice he does these things.

I know we’ll crank up old 90′s hits in the car and scream the words at the top of our lungs. There won’t be a single time when we’re out in public and he won’t hold my hand. He’ll always remember to open my car door. After a couple drinks we’ll look like complete goofballs on the dance floor. I know we’ll have more silly selfie photos than serious ones. I’ll always bring him a beer and he’ll always refill my wine glass. Our fights won’t last long because he hates seeing me cry and can’t stand not talking to me. He’ll always pick which restaurant to eat at, because I’m too indecisive. He’ll watch Pride & Prejudice with me whenever I want even though he’s sick of it.

I know he’ll be a Godly man. He’ll love the Lord with all of his being. I imagine us praying before every meal. I’ll make him lead the prayer 8 out of 10 times. We’ll be avid members in our church & attend as many functions as possible. I can picture us attending a home Bible study together or leading one ourselves. I know he’ll love me as Christ loved the church and will honor me as the weaker vessel.

We will be the couple that everyone is jealous of. I know he’ll remind me every day just how beautiful I am and just how much he loves me… He’ll be my best friend. I can dream all day of how I want my marriage to be, but I know our life will be better than I could have ever imagined. I pray for this man everyday and I pray that he’s praying for me too. I know the one is out there, and that is such a blessing.

Xoxo,

Ruby

Is Miss Raquel writing there?

Very dangerous to count your chickens before you even meet the guy.

Also, it's the google age. I bet her dates will find this site and be very leery of trying to jump over those high-expectations.

She's never going to meet any guy. As soon as a guy doesn't hit one of her marks, she'll drop him as not "the one", because she's soooo sure that God has her perfect man, all tied up with a pretty red bow, just waiting for the exact perfect time to put him in her path. She may want to stop dreaming and start living...

Wow, she's setting herself up for a world of disappointment. Nowhere in her little fantasy is infertility, sick or disabled children, job loss, a sick spouse, a roof that desperately needs replacing at the same time both kids need braces and the transmission blows, a colicky baby with a cranky toddler and a spouse who's working overtime and is tired and crabby from that, sniffling and turning away from each other during a difficult marriage counseling session, meddling in laws, a husband who makes insensitive remarks at the wrong time, a husband and kids and a family who are actually human. Life isn't picture perfect and reality rarely matches fantasy. And while it's fine to dream, I think she's going to flip out whenever her chosen man doesn't match all her expectations.

I've seen this stupid shit posted and reposted on facebook by my old highschool friends at least a couple dozen times. I just want to take them by the shoulders and shake some sense into them. THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE. This is someone's life on instagram, but not their actual lived experience. Blah.

I don’t see much to snark on except for in how this woman talks about her future husband – a man who she either hasn’t met yet or who she hasn’t yet seen as a romantic prospect:

It’s too bad she has all these specific plans for how her marriage will be; she might pass over a good man in favor of a less precise match merely because he doesn’t fit one of the pre-qualifications – for example, height – that Ruby has in mind for him. Hopefully she’ll learn long before she marries that character not only counts but that it matters most by far: Take him tall or short, large or small, physically strong or not, conventionally attractive or not.

There really can be a lot of good and happiness in a stable marriage. If one isn’t prepared to take it with the bad, however, then…well, her life is going to suck because her expectations are too high.

She might also want to rethink her strategy for dealing with disagreement. Yes, arguments should be short, but not because one partner feels guilty as the other has taken to crying or using the “silent treatment†to win. Arguments should be short because they’re meant to solve a problem or come up with a compromise or accomplish some other goal – and then they should be set aside and not relived, because life is also short and unfortunately one never knows when it will end for themselves or for their loved ones.

OH boy...I totally agree! She is never going to find Mr Right,bc no one is going to live up to her standards. She is going to be sorely disappointed.

It also sounds like she expects Mr Right to be able to read her mind...so the 1st time he messes up...OOPS! he should have known better!

PLEASE lady...women like this just really need to leave men alone and stay the heck away from them...consider Jesus your husb.,as no man is perfect and knows exactly what you want,ALL the time. No man can live up to that and it is making idols of men to think so.

She truly has some awfully big stars in her eyes and real life is going to smack her in the butt someday.perhaps very soon!

So ... if your husband works, you want HIM to get up and make coffee? Sorry, that tidbit just annoyed me.

In real life, people don't base a marriage on their fellow church-goers (or schoolmates, or coworkers) being jealous of them. That's just ... sad.

When I worked two jobs, my ex-fiance got up and made the coffee (then presumably went back to bed, but whatever). When my ex boyfriend (yes, I'm a harlot) was the main breadwinner, *I* got up early and made coffee/breakfast. No time to laugh at his bed hair, he took a shower, ate, and rushed to work with only one or two (jesus, not 20) kisses at the door. :roll:

So ... if your husband works, you want HIM to get up and make coffee? Sorry, that tidbit just annoyed me. In real life, people don't base a marriage on their fellow church-goers (or schoolmates, or coworkers) being jealous of them. That's just ... sad.

When I worked two jobs, my ex-fiance got up and made the coffee (then presumably went back to bed, but whatever). When my ex boyfriend (yes, I'm a harlot) was the main breadwinner, *I* got up early and made coffee/breakfast. No time to laugh at his bed hair, he took a shower, ate, and rushed to work with only one or two (jesus, not 20) kisses at the door. :roll:

That part annoyed me too-- but I'd not ever make it that far, because any cake smearing on the face at my wedding reception would have resulted in an annullment--by me if hubs had done it, by him if I had done it.

Oh, and the guy wanting to cuddle every morning (before going to work) is she using that as code for "screw." ??

Whenever people are jealous of a couple's seeming perfection, I assume it's because the couple is so dysfunctional that they hide all of their problems from everyone, including each other.

She is going to have a tough time when real life whacks her upside the head. Hubby won't always be able to make you coffee, whether it is because he works nights, he is temporarily working in a different city, or because a car wreck left him in a wheelchair and he can't reach the coffee.

So ... if your husband works, you want HIM to get up and make coffee? Sorry, that tidbit just annoyed me.

In real life, people don't base a marriage on their fellow church-goers (or schoolmates, or coworkers) being jealous of them. That's just ... sad.

yes,not only does she want a hub who validates her x100,she wants those around her to validate her thru jealousy as well.someone has a severe inferiority complex.

So what does he get out of the relationship? The honor of catering to her? In her dream relationship all she does is whip up a quick breakfast for him AND her. Dream guy seems to be getting the short end of the stick.

Oh, and the fights won't last long because he hates to see her cry and hates not talking to her? She obviously has never been in a heated argument with an actual adult. Besides, isn't it likely that her tears are to make him give in since she "knows" that they get to him? Way to manipulate her dream man.

Oh, and the fights won't last long because he hates to see her cry and hates not talking to her? She obviously has never been in a heated argument with an actual adult. Besides, isn't it likely that her tears are to make him give in since she "knows" that they get to him? Way to manipulate her dream man.

Twunts like this make it tough for women who DO cry during arguments. Men are quick to accuse us of being manipulative, when in fact we are just sad, upset, and overwhelmed or frustrated--and that's when the tears come.

Twunts like this make it tough for women who DO cry during arguments. Men are quick to accuse us of being manipulative, when in fact we are just sad, upset, and overwhelmed or frustrated--and that's when the tears come.

Yup. I cry when I am angry and/or frustrated. I've never once cried to manipulate someone into doing something but I've been accused of it way too many times.

Most of the points in the original post are spot-on--until the Christian[tm][/tm] and What Guys Want ones got added into the mix.

ETA: Oh, wait. I visited the site and now I need to detox by reading old I Blame the Patriarchy posts.

Yup. I cry when I am angry and/or frustrated. I've never once cried to manipulate someone into doing something but I've been accused of it way too many times.

On the other hand, women who DON'T cry get all kinds of flak too. I never cry in front of people and I guess it freaks men out? An ex accused me of being unfeeling because we'd dated for 7.5 years and he'd never seen me cry at all.

That post is like something I would have written in 7th grade. Except I wasn't that dumb even then.

Someone needs to inform Miss Raquel that guys DO NOT like high waisted jean shorts. She thought guys did like them.

Archived