IGNORED

Diamond Diploma?

Ms Jess

Someone needs to inform Miss Raquel that guys DO NOT like high waisted jean shorts. She thought guys did like them.

I can bet on her response -- "Ha ha ha! a guy told me that he could really see the light of jesus in me when I wore high waisted jean shorts lol luv him! ha ha"

The ladies on FreeJinger, ( a snark site) are talking about you and they can’t understand why you need God, but it’s okay for a woman to need God in her life! I am so blessed to be under His grace and love.

I posted a comment informing them that people are not ridiculing her for "needing God," but because her expectations are unrealistic. I mentioned being almost as naive as she was when I was 19, but that I'm 61 now and have learned a lot more about how life and relationships operate. My post never saw the light of day.

Wow, word gets around quickly. That comment was posted the same day as this topic. :lol:

Well you know, we DO have a certain ex-poster(who claims to have multiple socks) who has decided that it's her moral duty to let all the fundy bloggers know what big fat meanie head poopy pants we are so that fundy blogger will go private.

I posted a comment informing them that people are not ridiculing her for "needing God," but because her expectations are unrealistic. I mentioned being almost as naive as she was when I was 19, but that I'm 61 now and have learned a lot more about how life and relationships operate. My post never saw the light of day.

Oh whoop-T-do. If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. Homegirlruby has a massive case of butthurt...s/he should see a doctor, as there is still a lot of inflammation.

Oh whoop-T-do. If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. Homegirlruby has a massive case of butthurt...s/he should see a doctor, as there is still a lot of inflammation.

Yeah, went back and no one said anything about her religion or beliefs.

I keep hoping one of the fundies who she informs will show up for a fundie Friday. We haven't had one in a long time.

what's fundy Friday?

It used to be that fundies would show up to argue or try to defend themselves and often it would be on a Friday.

Of late it seems that the people we discuss are finding out very quickly about what's being said. I wonder if the people are genuine readers or concern trolls who are members here that go to the fundie sites and tell them about us under the guise of showing concern while their real intent is to troll them. A lot of the posts telling the fundie about us are inaccurate (saying we're raking them over the coals for something that is barely mentioned), but then a lot of fundies don't seem very smart when it comes to reading comprehension.

I have always thought we had a few moles here. I have no idea who they are and I don't really care. However, I don't think we can attribute all of the instances of fundie scrubbing to them discovering FJ on their own.

I would love to be ariund for a Fundy Friday. I'm relatively new and I've never been here for one.

Me too! Maybe a post-Christmas miracle??

All I want for Christmas is for either Miss Raquel or Dougie to show up. Please Santa?! I'll even settle for a VF intern.

Caught up to this thread and it reads just like some of the silly stuff that came from the young women at my conservative Christian college who were there to snag husbands.

Funny thing, though. The expectations drove the guys away. There was an article in my senior year about the horrible state of dating at the college and it was due to guys running scared with all these young women so anxious to get married so dating was loaded with high expectations rather than simply going out. Don't know if it was true or not but you either had couples already dating and on a marriage track or you had those with no one at all.

This young woman is going to be very disappointed. Either no one will meet the expectations or there will be some jerk out there who will read it, mirror all the things she wants and she will fall straight for it.

After a couple drinks we’ll look like complete goofballs on the dance floor.

Drinking? And dancing? Harlot. :naughty:

I feel dumber just reading that list. Leggings? Crafting? Sleepytime tea and Disney films?

Put on some pants. Get a job. Stop being a shallow, unambitious moron with no imagination.

Of late it seems that the people we discuss are finding out very quickly about what's being said. I wonder if the people are genuine readers or concern trolls who are members here that go to the fundie sites and tell them about us under the guise of showing concern while their real intent is to troll them. A lot of the posts telling the fundie about us are inaccurate (saying we're raking them over the coals for something that is barely mentioned), but then a lot of fundies don't seem very smart when it comes to reading comprehension.

Concern troll is the perfect term.

Personally, I believe if you have a public blog or public Facebook you need to be prepared to be criticized. I think many of the fundies we snark on see their internet presence as some kind of ministry or think they will receive some kind of validation of their beliefs. When they don't they cry persecution. So now we have our own concern troll that goes out and tells them meanies are talking about them elsewhere on the Internet and aren't they just horrible for having the gall to criticize your beliefs? I'm 100% confident Concern Troll gets off on being a tattler more than any real concern for fundies.

It is an interesting mix of worldly (drinking, dancing, singing to rock songs) with American-style Christianity (being very active church members.) I don't know that I have read of a young woman fantasizing about her wedding and the fantasy includes smashing cake in each others faces. I have never understood that custom; it seems so passive aggressive to me. Not to mention she wants her groom to carry her down the aisle? I've never been to a wedding where that happened and while it may appeal to some overly-romantic girl it doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. I prefer walking on my own two feet.

So the guy is going to watch Pride and Prejudice with her multiple times? Why? My husband watches Downtown Abbey with me but I don't expect him to watch it over and over, he doesn't have that much free time. And I notice that there is no mention of her watching sports with him-- I guess in her dreams she controls the remote.

It is too easy to pick on the writer, she is naive and doesn't seem to have much experience with real men. There is hope. I have a wonderfully romantic husband who after 14 years together still wants to kiss me all the time and even tells me how beautiful I am when I come in looking all disheveled from gardening. I would just warn the writer that life never quite works out how you plan and you may end up falling in love with a short man or a man from another culture or a man who can't have kids or a man who is tone deaf and can't sing to save his soul or even...an atheist! I'm certainly glad my life didn't turn out as I imagined when I was young, it is far better.

It is an interesting mix of worldly (drinking, dancing, singing to rock songs) with American-style Christianity (being very active church members.) I don't know that I have read of a young woman fantasizing about her wedding and the fantasy includes smashing cake in each others faces. I have never understood that custom; it seems so passive aggressive to me. Not to mention she wants her groom to carry her down the aisle? I've never been to a wedding where that happened and while it may appeal to some overly-romantic girl it doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. I prefer walking on my own two feet.

So the guy is going to watch Pride and Prejudice with her multiple times? Why? My husband watches Downtown Abbey with me but I don't expect him to watch it over and over, he doesn't have that much free time. And I notice that there is no mention of her watching sports with him-- I guess in her dreams she controls the remote.

It is too easy to pick on the writer, she is naive and doesn't seem to have much experience with real men. There is hope. I have a wonderfully romantic husband who after 14 years together still wants to kiss me all the time and even tells me how beautiful I am when I come in looking all disheveled from gardening. I would just warn the writer that life never quite works out how you plan and you may end up falling in love with a short man or a man from another culture or a man who can't have kids or a man who is tone deaf and can't sing to save his soul or even...an atheist! I'm certainly glad my life didn't turn out as I imagined when I was young, it is far better.

Agreed.

When I was young, never dated or been kissed, I began a list of "husband requirements" and most of them were a bit more pragmatic (it is possible I'm not a romantic at heart) but my grandmother heard of it and asked me what I was doing to make myself a match for this idealized guy who didn't exist--ie, work on being your best self and you'll attract the right person for you kind of thing. And I ended up with a man who is a great match for me.... and who knew going in I'd have annulled the marriage if he had smeared cake on my face at my wedding.

Archived