IGNORED

Laura D? friend of the Duggars? courtship?

silverspoons

I was looking at Rotan's instagram (he is in DC filming Josh & Anna) and noticed a comment about the Duggars and hannie so I went to peek at her instagram. She seems like she has been with them non stop for the last 6 months, on the bus, in the home, Journey, campaigning, posing with Rick Santorum, conferences, Erin's wedding (where one comment made me think she might be related to Chad?) so who is she? The other interesting thing is someone mentioned Josiah was in Chicago with her and there is a commenter with a private account called the cello guy? I really think the cello guy could be Josiah or it has to be someone very close to the Duggars because of comments like when she posted a pic of riding in the duggar rv cello guy says "you will learn to hate riding in the RV". Also more then one commenter said called her Laura Duggar, joking about how she is so close or spends so much time with the family.

Here is a pic. her user name is masiespace

2c69217657fa11e38e3512dccb63aae0_6.jpg

Hey hey hey, this is MY prediction! Just ask sunnysideup! You can't steal my thunder, yo.

I really like her, that's why she's my pet fundie. She seems nice and non judgmental (well maybe less legalistic and hateful). She wears pants and wore a strapless dress for her friends wedding (bridesmaid). She works for iblp and runs their "Commit" seminars which is about courtship or something. She travels all over and seems independent and confident.

She spends a ton of time with the Duggars. She drove the girls to the Bates wedding and was on the bus with John David that drove to CA with the Wallers. But I am wondering if they tried getting to know each other and they aren't compatible. Seems like something would be announced by now. It seems the Duggars love her, shes been in the background of pics for a long time, but so far nothing.

Sidenote. There's some psycho who runs a popular instagram of the duggars and she claims to be soundman Jim's daughter. She's always stealing masies pics and saying that she took them and that's her sister. I would say something to Masie but then I would probably look like the psycho stalker....

I'm still not sure exactly how spending time together and then deciding you're not going to get married is different than dating.

I'm still not sure exactly how spending time together and then deciding you're not going to get married is different than dating.

The distinction between courtship and dating is stupid. They just only want to date one boyfriend and only have chaperoned dates with lots of other rules, but it really is just very strict dating.

I'd be shocked if that was Josiah's instagram and if he was the next one to hook up with someone, there's so many older siblings! Then again, they all would have started dating ages ago in non-fundie land.

Just like Alyssa Bates and John Webster "got to know each other" and were "special friends" BEFORE the courtship. Sounds like they were dating.

Hey hey hey, this is MY prediction! Just ask sunnysideup! You can't steal my thunder, yo.

I can vouch for this. I hope JD is smart and snags this girl. Since it seems like he and Zach Bates are close friends, I expect him to marry someone like Whitney, which Laura strikes me as. Christian, but not super fundie, someone who will live a normal life.

Interesting. Any idea how old Laura is?

A couple of those Internet white pages type sites say 28. Hmm maybe she's too old for John David (23 almost 24)

Because Jesus. Or, at least, because Gothard.

Did some facebooking and googling. Her two sisters are public school teachers. Her brother just graduated college. I think all 3 went to Christian college John Wesleyan. Age 28 seems right. Dad is a bigwig in healthcare IT. Both her parents have masters degrees (moms is education). The kids were all homeschooled and seem fundie light. Laura is heavily into ATI.

She'd probably be all right age wise for John David, but she seems pretty active and ambitious, and John David... I don't know... I feel bad, but he just seems like kind of an oaf. I wonder why she spends so much time with the Duggars, though, if there isn't a courtship.

She'd probably be all right age wise for John David, but she seems pretty active and ambitious, and John David... I don't know... I feel bad, but he just seems like kind of an oaf. I wonder why she spends so much time with the Duggars, though, if there isn't a courtship.

She does journeys with the girls and is very close to them.

That's what I was thinking, he seems very laid-back and friendly, but I always imagine that at the end of the day he just wants to sit on his couch (without the cold beer) and watch football. Not very interesting for a woman like Laura.

The more likely explanation is that she's a woman without a father-figure in her life so JimBob invites her (and her sisters) to hang around their family. We've seen them do that on the show before.

The more likely explanation is that she's a woman without a father-figure in her life so JimBob invites her (and her sisters) to hang around their family. We've seen them do that on the show before.

Her sisters don't go, they are busy with their careers. She has a father, her parents are still married and they are well off. They all live in illinois. She's not a charity case. She met them through her involvement with iblp, and has worked with the girls at ATI conventions and journey to the heart, but on a personal level hangs out with them a lot just as friends. I thought there might be something when JD and JD alone (of the duggars) traveled with her and other ATI people cross country to the ca convention (I was surprised JD is even involved in it, he doesn't seem like the type) but we will just have to wait and see. She actually seems very popular so she probably can do better.

Maybe my assessment of JD isn't fair. I mean, the guy does run his towing business, and he fixed up that house, so obviously he has a work ethic and a drive to improve his life and support himself. It might just be something about his face, but I can't help looking at him and seeing a guy who's dull and not all that bright! To be honest Joseph Duggar has the same look, he's just in much better shape. Contrast with Josiah who looks intelligent and spunky - and these are of course all just interpretations, impossible to substantiate. JD might be a secret genius for all I know.

Did some facebooking and googling. Her two sisters are public school teachers. Her brother just graduated college. I think all 3 went to Christian college John Wesleyan. Age 28 seems right. Dad is a bigwig in healthcare IT. Both her parents have masters degrees (moms is education). The kids were all homeschooled and seem fundie light. Laura is heavily into ATI.

So she isn't related to cameraman Jim?

So she isn't related to cameraman Jim?

No. That duggar fan girl instagram steals her pics and always says she is Jim's daughter.

It is not uncommon for the Duggars to have non family stay at their house for a significant amount of time. It is apart of the Gothard training. Anywho, I would not be surprised if the Duggars women and men are on some type of social media like instagram.

It is not uncommon for the Duggars to have non family stay at their house for a significant amount of time. It is apart of the Gothard training. Anywho, I would not be surprised if the Duggars women and men are on some type of social media like instagram.

What is the point of this? Conversion to Gothard? I can't imagine Jim Bob and Michele doing anything that didn't benefit them in the end.

What is the point of this? Conversion to Gothard? I can't imagine Jim Bob and Michele doing anything that didn't benefit them in the end.

Free live-in help.

Free live-in help.

I can't ever imagine being that star struck by the Duggars that I would want to move into the girls dorm and hang around as an extra pair of hands to work for them for free. I thought that was why they had all those kids - free live in help.

Archived