IGNORED

Laura D? friend of the Duggars? courtship?

silverspoons

No. That duggar fan girl instagram steals her pics and always says she is Jim's daughter.

Wait what instagram is this? I knew one of Jim the soundman's daughters (took me by surprise she was wearing a JROTC shirt from my high school the one time they appeared and then I realized I recognized her) but she didn't seem like the type to do something like that? She was a year or two behind me in high school and I knew her (not very well) from drill team...

Instagram is: duggarsfamily

You can go through her captions and see how off she is. She identifies Laura as her sister. I called her out on it before but she deleted my comments.

What is the point of this? Conversion to Gothard? I can't imagine Jim Bob and Michele doing anything that didn't benefit them in the end.

For fellowship. Others believe is to make people are towing the line when it comes to gothard relationship...I mean fellowship. It is a common practice all fundies do it and it gives the children an opportunity to see other families in their belief. I believe an earlier episode, JB talked about the intermingling of other families so their children won't feel their lifestyle is odd.

For fellowship. Others believe is to make people are towing the line when it comes to gothard relationship...I mean fellowship. It is a common practice all fundies do it and it gives the children an opportunity to see other families in their belief. I believe an earlier episode, JB talked about the intermingling of other families so their children won't feel their lifestyle is odd.

It could also be one of those 19th century practices that they have chosen to adapt to their own subculture. The book "Gone With the Wind" describes it in detail, where extended family members or close friends would come to visit and stay for months, like Scarlett did after her first husband died and she went to stay in Atlanta with Melanie and Aunt Pittypat.

It could also be one of those 19th century practices that they have chosen to adapt to their own subculture. The book "Gone With the Wind" describes it in detail, where extended family members or close friends would come to visit and stay for months, like Scarlett did after her first husband died and she went to stay in Atlanta with Melanie and Aunt Pittypat.

"at-LAN-ta!" I love that scene. Scarlett, goin' up there just like a SPIDER!

Not just 19th century. My family still does it.

I can't ever imagine being that star struck by the Duggars that I would want to move into the girls dorm and hang around as an extra pair of hands to work for them for free. I thought that was why they had all those kids - free live in help.

But think of all the good gossip you could get.

Maybe Laura D is the child that Michelle and Jim Bob have been praying for? Maybe she's hanging around because they're adopting her when Jessa leaves to make sure they always have enough SAHDs?

.... So apparently the other comments didn't load my first time through this thread, I didn't realize that people had already made similar statements...

Archived