IGNORED

"I WANT to be ignorant...." We know Lori, we know

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/11/a-covenant-marriage.html#idc-container

From the blog post:

Mark Driscoll believes that in his lifetime, we will see polygamy becoming legalized. We will see a bi-sexual being able to marry a man and a woman. We will see a Supreme Court upholding these unions, but they are not God's unions.

Reader response:

Just because one is bisexual does not mean they want to marry both a women and man. Many people who are bisexual would be offeded that they are being lumped with polygamy. I know many people who are bisexual and are happily married and commited to one person. I respect your opinions and beliefs, but please be careful to not be ignorant.

Lori's response (which totally made my day, so thankyouverymuch Lori):

I want to be ignorant in the ways of the world.

See? That's why she uses daytime talk shows to educate herself about the "ways of the world". In turn she blogs (daily) about those subjects she wishes to be ignorant of. Always Learning. ALWAYS! :D :lol: :roll:

Now if you'll excuse her she needs to go watch The View....subject material you know. Someone has to make the sacrifice.

Of course, she is ignorant to the ways of the world. This is same woman who hates the fact that women with children work in healthcare, while being ignorant to the fact that many of those woman have assisted in her care and are also part of the reason healthcare in this country functions as well it does.

Wants to be ignorant? Lori you are ignorant. You are probably one of the most ignorant people I have ever come across on the Internet.

e0069f3befd30a9cfd689d5b36d45d83c4b5581723dd4b65eb299cc18b41b7ad.jpg

This pretty much sums up Lori's blog.

Is she more ignorant about the ways of the world or about her own religion? Because last I checked, bearing false witness was STILL a sin

I think she means that she is ignorant to the ways of godless heathens.

Mark Driscoll believes that in his lifetime, we will see polygamy becoming legalized. We will see a bi-sexual being able to marry a man and a woman. We will see a Supreme Court upholding these unions, but they are not God's unions.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the bible absolutely full of polygamy?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the bible absolutely full of polygamy?

Pretty much.

I think she means that she is ignorant to the ways of godless heathens.

Sure, but you can't just lie about people or make shit up. That's not my rule, it's God's rule.

So irritating. I hate that stuff. I don't think you need to be ashamed of not knowing something, but I don't think either that you should ever be proud of ignorance.

Ignorance is never a good thing, even – and especially - when it concerns “the ways of the world.â€

“Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.†-- Matthew 10:16

“Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.†– Matthew 7:15

Those ravenous wolves who come clothed as sheep do not sport poorly disguised fangs or hide theor paws beneath woollen gloves; they look like sheep down to the last detail. Only those wise as serpents can discern by the behaviour of the clever wolves that such are not as they appear,

But little else is one to expect from Lori, who is married to a wolf and may be one herself.

I would also think then that she should refrain from judging things she admits she knows nothing about. How can she claim to be ignorant and yet feel it's appropriate to denounce people's actions? It's hardly in the spirit of Jesus to judge people with no effort to understand their plight.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/11/a-covenant-marriage.html#idc-container

From the blog post:

Reader response:

Lori's response (which totally made my day, so thankyouverymuch Lori):

See? That's why she uses daytime talk shows to educate herself about the "ways of the world". In turn she blogs (daily) about those subjects she wishes to be ignorant of. Always Learning. ALWAYS! :D :lol: :roll:

Now if you'll excuse her she needs to go watch The View....subject material you know. Someone has to make the sacrifice.

Oh, blah on her. I'd say within her own church there are plenty of examples of serial monogamy that more or less translates into poligamy (5 wives with a year overlap of each vs 5 all at once) Not to mention, there has always been a disconnect between what is a legal marriage and what is a "godly" marriage, depending on what church you attend. Who cares.

Ignorance is never a good thing, even – and especially - when it concerns “the ways of the world.”

“Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.” -- Matthew 10:16

“Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.” – Matthew 7:15

Those ravenous wolves who come clothed as sheep do not sport poorly disguised fangs or hide theor paws beneath woollen gloves; they look like sheep down to the last detail. Only those wise as serpents can discern by the behaviour of the clever wolves that such are not as they appear,

But little else is one to expect from Lori, who is married to a wolf and may be one herself.

I would say that she is a wolf. She has talked about how she "mentors" young women and couples and she has even said that she has a "ministry" through her blog and IIRC, Ken also alled the blog a ministry. I haven't been looking at her comment sections lately, in the past if some of the commenters had blogs, I would check out their blogs out of curiosity. I remember there was a comment left by a woman who said something like, "I just found this blog and I think I will like it." That woman had a blog and I checked it out. She was Christian, but she wasn't fundie lite like Lori. I don't think I ever saw that particular blogger comment on Lori's blog again. She probably saw that Lori was a wolf. Said blogger was in her late 20s and had a career and bought a house on her own. The blogger was engaged and it was implied that she made more than her fiance. I had that my blog on google reader and then it disappeared. I don't know what happened to the blogger. But I liked her and had to wonder if Lori reads any of her commenters' blogs.

A lot of Lori's fangirls eat the shit she puts out because they are pretty stupid too. But there have been times even some of her fundie readers get pissed at her. Lori had that awful blog entry about Trayvon Martin's death and there was a comment from a black homeschooling mom that was offended by the post. I think that mom no longer reads Lori's blog.

No, they're definitely human. Wolves don't act like this. It takes a human to be a bitch.

Quote from Lori's entry from yesterday

The healthiest place for children to grow up in is a home with a mother and a father.

She is ignorant to the fact that there are children out there who have unhealthy and unstable homes even with mothers and fathers.

Helen Kane, Bert Kalmar and Harry Ruby bring you . . . Lori’s song!

I’m not one of the learning kind,

All of my thoughts are simple,

I’ve got a one-track mind.

I’m not resting until I find

What would make your eyes glisten with tears.

Now listen, my dears.

I wanna be ignorant,

Just hide my head in the sand and whine.

I wanna be ignorant for life.

Boop boop a doo

I want you to kiss my feet

And tell me I am the wisest one

I want you to kiss my feet all day.

Boo boo

I preach to the choir

And raise myself higher

My marriage is dire

But I won’t let on.

Badum-dum-dum I’m really so sly-pa-dumb.

I wanna be ignorant,

Just hide my head in the sand and whine.

I wanna be ignorant for life.

Boo boo bee doo

rI275t9BNJo

Pretty much.

Yes, BUT that was good old straight polygamy, no evil 21st century bisexual polygamy. And God was all okay with it. So that's okay, then. :cray-cray:

So, from what I've seen around here and in other places, it seems like ignorance is practically a fundie virtue. Different groups or individuals might express it in different ways or take it to different extremes, but it seems to me like there's a lot of willful ignorance going on. Is that an accurate read on the situation, and if so, when and how did that start? Because I can kind of get not wanting to know the nitty-gritty details of something, but I'm having a hell of a time wrapping my head around the notion of being willfully ignorant about most/all things that happen outside of your own little bubble-world.

Also, in regards to this:

... she has even said that she has a "ministry" through her blog and IIRC, Ken also alled the blog a ministry.

...how the hell can a blog be a ministry? I fee like the fundies and I are operating with some very different ideas of what counts as "ministry" here.

Also, in regards to this:

...how the hell can a blog be a ministry? I fee like the fundies and I are operating with some very different ideas of what counts as "ministry" here.

According to Lori, having sex with your husband when you don't want to is also a "ministry." Yes, fundies are operating with a very different idea of what constitutes a "ministry."

I think Lori is taking cues from the Duggars and how they consider their TV show to be a "ministry". Lori thinks her blog is a ministry.

Lori, Lori, Lori you don't want to be ignorant. How can you already want to be what you already are?

Archived