IGNORED

You know you're a fundy when...

AnnoDomini

your first "date" alone with a guy was your wedding.

Omigosh! Do you realize that this means some of these fundies who go in for courtship sleep with a guy on the first date? I'm guessing they wouldn't want to hear it phrased quite that way. :lol:

Omigosh! Do you realize that this means some of these fundies who go in for courtship sleep with a guy on the first date? I'm guessing they wouldn't want to hear it phrased quite that way. :lol:

:eusa-think:

:laughing-jumpingpurple::laughing-rollingyellow::laughing-rolling::laughing-lmao::laughing-rolling:

:greetings-clappingyellow:

I've never thought of that before, about the wedding day being the first date and then sleeping with your "date"

I could never sleep (and have sex) with a man I've never been alone with, that would just be creepy.

I have always found it strange that they move so fast. They go from kissing to full-on sex in just one night. Fundies move much faster than "Worldly" people, but I guess it's ok because they have a certificate that says they can. It still seems odd as hell to me that they can go from 0 to 60 that fast though. Most people have years between their first kiss and their first sex.

... you believe the most important part of education is character building, and facts aren't included in the curriculum.

... you know you're a better than those around you because you're a better "Christian" (more serving, more modest, etc).

... you use defrauding in context with fashion, not money.

... you threw out your dictionary because it didn't include purpose as a verb.

--when you wear long skirts, long sleeves and Mondor cotton tights even in the summer. Its a fundy Seventh-Day Adventist thing.....

--When another Christian uses any other bible but KJV that you know they are going to burn in Hell.

- When you blog just to show everyone how godly you are and they are not.

- when you hit your newborn for being sinful

-when you when you go up to complete strangers to tell them how to dress.

-You think the earth is 6000 years old and fossils are a trick of the devil

-You vow to keep your children away from the evils of college (and people who are not "like-minded").

-You think rock music is sinful

-You think drinking is sinful, even Communion wine

-Letting your babies and toddlers sleep in playpens is a-ok

-You don't believe in Sister-wives, but Sister moms are fine.

You save your first hand holding for your wedding day.

You teach your daughters that they can cook, clean and take care of their siblings (and nothing else) until they marry a man of your choosing that they've never been alone with, after which point they must have eleventy billion children.

Even making eye contact with the opposite sex unless you're married is considered sinful.

You think the Bible is literal.

You believe "the world" is sinful and everyone in it is heading straight to hell.

When you think everyone who is NOT a gothardite is going to hell no matter what. Also, when you start finding that the words "purpose", "encourage", "blessing", and "season of life" suddenly pop into your everyday vocabulary.

-You've ever worn a jean skirt with socks & tennis shoes

-Your top college choices are Bob Jones University or Hyles-Anderson

-The KJV is the only correct bible

-You've knocked on strangers door to share the gospel

-Birth control is wrong

-You obey them that have 'Rule over you' without question

-You've ever felt :D convicted :D about a slit in your skirt & used a safety pin for modesty

-You, from an early age, are made to pray several times a day and ask for forgiveness....for being born human and doing what typical children do.

-You see a woman in a tank top and shorts and are ordered to look at your shoes by one of your sisters

-Your parents tell others what you've begged to do (e.g. Share a room with all of your siblings who are the same "Gender" as you; Not go and do as fun activity because you "begged" to help your father clean a rental property;)even if you never begged to do anything of the sort

-You are so sexually frustrated (not allowed to even have a conversation in private with unrelated females, not allowed to even learn about reproductive anatomy or sex, to masturbate, to shower without your buddy being nearby) that you rushed into marriage with with some one you hardly knew just to find some relief

-You've grown up to be an entitled and vain man who treats women and girls like lower life forms

-You're definition of "convicted" is vastly different than the "Law and Order" shows.

-You brag about eschewing government assistance but look at everyone in your inner circle as some kind of cash cow.

-You treat your oldest daughters as indentured servants.

-Your idea of entrepreneurship is selling half-assed e-books.

-You scream "persecution" when someone dares to disagree with you in the slightest.

"Season of life" is a fundyism? I've only ever seen it used to argue against things like couch time, making children be silent and still, etc.: There is a season of life when the children have to be the focus of the marriage because they are tiny, dependent every second of the day, and not even sure whether it's day or night, and then there's a season where they can gradually be left to their own devices, and then there's a season where they're grown and gone; the marriage must change and grow with the seasons; attempting to keep the marriage just as it was before the kids were born by shoving the kids to the periphery of life is missing the point of having kids and of being married.

More! I'm compiling these for a 'how fundy are you' type quiz.

Let's see: you ground your own flour/bake your own bread

any members of your family wear homemade clothes

-ur recipes are merely combinations of cheap meat, a frozen entree, and a couple cans of cream soup.

- girls can't wear pants in ur family, but are encouraged to wear thong sandals, which are referred to exclusively as flip flops.

Archived