IGNORED

Pork-Laced Ammo Designed to Send Muslims to Hell

doggie

only in the US is stupid so well sold. NRA ,guns ,Stupid, all in a neat little package of hate. :wtf:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/pork-laced-amm ... cjFapzheMC

New, pork-laced ammunition should serve as a warning shot to would-be Islamic terrorists with plans to attack Americans, the product's makers said today.

Jihawg Ammo, the company started by Brendon and Julie Hill of Coer D'Alene, Idaho, sells boxes of gun cartridges that are made with pork products and advertised as being a deterrent to potential terrorists who may not eat pork because of their religious beliefs.

"With Jihawg Ammo, you don't just kill an Islamist terrorist, you also send him to hell," the company said in a press release earlier this month. "That should give would-be martyrs something to think about before they launch an attack. If it ever becomes necessary to defend yourself and those around you our ammo works on two levels."

Brendon Hill, who developed the technology for the cartridges with his wife, said that the idea behind the ammunition was that if a devout Muslim were thinking of carrying out a terrorist attack, they might be deterred by knowing they could be shot with bullets covered in pork, a religiously forbidden food.

He is not promoting violence toward Muslims, he insisted. In fact, the company also makes apparel promoting "Peace Through Pork."

Brendon said that he and his wife started the company as a tongue-in-cheek way to stand up to radical Islamic terrorists.

U.S. Forces Burn Old Copies of the Koran Watch Video

"We're having some fun with it," Hill said. "There's something to be said about using sarcasm to reveal truth about something that is false ora lie, and we're focusing on the absolute lie they tell that murdering people is good."

"We realize we've hit an emotional thread, and I'd loosely define this as a red-state/blue-state issue," Hill added. "That's where our customers are coming from and in that demographic, our product is a way to push back against political correctness. It's the proverbial middle finger back to political correctness."

Ibrahim Hooper, spokesman for the Council on American-Islamic Relations, said the Hills were trying to exploit Muslims for their own profit.

"This is just one of many individuals and companies who seek to make a quick buck exploiting the growing Islamaphobia in our society," Hooper said. "We're not motivated by giving them free publicity they so desperately seek. That's their intention -- to get people upset so that they talk about it and they make money.

"If somebody did actually use one of these bullets to target a Muslim," he added, "I am sure that a hate crime enhancement would fit."

The Hills came up with the idea while camping with friends and talking about the "Ground Zero Mosque," the name given by opponents to an Islamic cultural center in New York City that was going to open near the World Trade Center site.

They were angry over the center and what Hill called "a wave of radical Islam perpetuating from the Middle East to Europe to here."

Brendon Hill said his wife, stay-at-home mom Julie, came up with the idea and the name.

Brendon, who used to work for the NRA as a fundraiser, said he drew on his undergraduate science degree and tinkered with the formula for making the ammunition, figuring out how to add pork products to the paint on gun cartridges while ensuring that the paint still works.

They started selling their product earlier this spring.

"We realize we've hit an emotional thread, and I'd loosely define this as a red-state/blue-state issue," Hill added. "That's where our customers are coming from and in that demographic, our product is a way to push back against political correctness. It's the proverbial middle finger back to political correctness."

First of all, these aren’t even close to the first dimwits to try ‘deterring’ Muslims by using cartridges that had been exposed to pork. From what I understand, a Muslim isn’t penalized by his or her god for accidentally eating pork. Being shot with a pork-slathered bullet certainly wouldn’t land a Muslim in hell.

Secondly, marketing an item like that “just in case†is not aiming a middle finger at “political correctnessâ€; it’s aiming a loaded weapon at every man, woman, and child in the area Muslim community. This product carries its own accusations in its teeth.

Its ignorance of the religion. If yhe Muslim was not aware of the sin or given no choice in the matter, they are not considered to be in transgression.

Fundies really think god is stupid. So the same god as Christian fundies god is not smart enough to know what had happened? I love how fundies claim god knows and sees all but overlooks all the shit believers do.

Holy fuck, I don't even know how to begin with this one. Just - so stupid and hateful on so many levels.

It would be akin to the Muslims putting little pentagrams on their bullets.

Really. Like it would make you more dead.

Fucking Idaho! QUIT EMBARASSING ME!

Seconded! Better yet, just get the hell out of my (our) state.

I don't know. I'd think you'd more likely get sent to hell for being the one who is trying to "taint" someone without their knowledge.

Are these guys getting their hate crime ideas from "True Blood" now?

I also thought of the Brits-- but they didn't smear tallow on the cartridges in order to send anybody to hell, it was just how the their guns needed to be loaded.

In this case I think it is probably more of a marketing stunt than anything-- how many people buying up bullets from a guy in Idaho are going to be shooting at Muslims? Answer: close to zero, although I won't rule out somebody with a mental problem. So the real reason people are buying this stuff is just for the box to show their friends, "Look'ee here, Cletus! Them towelheads better watch out, cuz I plan on blastin' em to hell!" giggle giggle.

I say let them waste their money. I would rather they spent their money on useless crap and stupid bumper stickers then donate to political causes.

I'll be damned if I let these people be the only public face of Idaho, but seriously, every single bit of news barring one that I have ever heard make the national news was embarassing. For all of the idiocy in many places you usually near a little about the non-idiocy as well. And there is non-idiocy even in other parts of the state than where I am. There must be. Please, God, there must be.

I'm sure if Allah existed he wouldn't hold it against them if they were 'tarnished by pork' without their knowledge or consent. Sounds like a really, really stupid and ignorant attempt at a publicity stunt to me.

If I believed in hell I'd be certain there was a special place reserved there for twunts like this.

Archived