IGNORED

Duggars in my state! noooooo

Free2BeMe

"North Carolina Republican Party

We are excited to announce that Jim Bob Duggar and his wife Michelle, from the famed reality show Nineteen Kids and Counting, will be keynote speakers at the North Carolina Republican Party’s 2nd annual Faith and Freedom Coalition Prayer Breakfast at the 2013 NCGOP State Convention. Sign up at ncgopconvention.com & 'like' & 'share' !"

This just came up on my facebook feed, (yes, I am a conservative.) and I am just shaking with rage!!!!!!!! :wtf:

arrgh!

What can dairy queen and penis face have to give North Carolina except total fucking bullshit!

I wish someone would sterilize that whole damn family!

I need some kind of essay or email that I can send the group (NC GOP) to prevent this fuckery from happening. Will some one help me please? anyone?

I sent this email to a Hayes @ NCGOP, I don't know who this Hayes person is, but I emailed him a bunch of information that I compiled on the internet and from freejinger. I did not include anyone's username, ( I didn't think that was warranted) but I put the quotes in quotation marks.

"http://www.chicagonow.com/running-with-a-book-cart/2011/11/are-the-duggars-guilty-of-child-abuse/

"The biggest thing was that they are neck-deep in ATI/IBLP, and that is DEFINITELY an abusive cult--exposing children to the life of a cult is serious evil, and that alone is abusive to the kiddos, whether or not the Duggars still use the Pearls' training methods. (I suspect they do, because of the whole Amazon Blitz thing...)"-freejnger.org/forums

"I don't know about anybody else's babies, but the only way that mine would be "trained" to stay on a blanket is if they were afraid to leave it. And if a parent is the one doing the training, I assume that they are the ones producing the fear." Freejinger.org/forums

http://www.duggarfamily.com/content/amazon_blitz

http://xatigirl.wordpress.com/2010/07/2 ... it-really/

http://freejinger.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4828

http://freejinger.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4828

"I would say it is, because Gothard encourages his followers to:

1) isolate themselves from non-believers, even if they're family

2) spend massive amounts of money (often at the expense of caring properly for their children) on conferences, teaching material, etc

3) continue to behave in ways that are harmful (popping out child after child with no income, not working in order to control family from home)

4) give children a sub-par education

5) keep children from leaving the home and having their own life

6) dress and groom in a way that he finds preferable."-freejinger.org/forums

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Pe ... Up_a_Child

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_abuse

"The book advises parents to use objects like a quarter-inch plumbing tube to spank children and "break their will." It also mentions withholding food and putting children under a cold garden hose."

A wife’s Godliness is a powerful guard against her husband’s abuse of her.

"Yes. There are stories of Gothard sending girls back to their room to make sure their hair looks like he wants it too. Girls with naturally super curly hair were told to make it less curly, girls with stick straight hair told to make it curly. He had a certain look he wants and if you are going to be around him, you need to look that way.

His whole ministry is based on the idea that parents will not only send their young, impressionable teens to "minister" at his training centers, but that they will pay him for the joy of just lettting their kids work for him. His employees pay him! And he gets to control every aspect of their lives while they are there.

When I was at EXCEL, they really did try and cut you off from your family while at the same time making you doubt all of your thoughts and actions. Not allowing the weekly call home was one of the punishments used. There were people there who spent all their time going from one Gothard event to another, barely going home. Education was a joke. For all the talk about family, Gothard has no issue keeping teens away from their family and under his control.

Gothard also restricts food at his training centers where a lot of teens in ATI spend a good chunk of time. We were forced to fast on Sundays. At one time he made one of the training centers only served vegan food (I think it was mostly raw vegan), yet he kept junk food in his office to eat. And then there is the mini-army ALERT that he founded. Yeah, he is a cult leader."-freejinger.org/forums

ati.iblp.org/

http://thecommandmentsofmen.blogspot.co ... iness.html

Michelle's Tips for Happy Marriage

Some viewers have tracked what was on the handout Michelle gave at a recent conference on marriage on the season premier episode of "19 Kids". The full copy can be found at South Heights Baptist.com

1. A husband needs a wife who respects him as a man.

How does a wife destroy her husband’s manliness?

A. By expecting him to know what protection you need

1. Physical

2. Spiritual

3. Mental

4. Emotional

Tell your husband how he can protect you.

B. By being financially independent

1. Love is killed by self-sufficiency

2. Whoever controls the money controls the leadership.

Center your work and your ministry in your home.

C. By giving greater loyalty to outside leadership

1. Pastor and church leaders

2. Men and women Bible teachers

3. Relatives and friends

Ask your husband your spiritual questions.

D. By resisting his decisions in your spirit

1. A wife’s spirit controls her husband’s ambitions

2. Reviewing past failure destroys a husband’s self-worth.

Learn to wisely appeal to your husband

E. By resisting his physical affection

1. This is the unspoken crushing of a man’s spirit.

2. A wife’s Godliness is a powerful guard against her husband’s abuse of her (I Peter 3:1).

"Now, do you still feel good about having Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar at the NC GOP Convention?" <-me.

Lucky you. You have my sympathies, particularly if you plan on attending.

Also, why is the username grey? *paranoid*

OP, great e-mail to TPTB! I hope they read it and make a major course correction!

In fact, I'd vote for making that a sticky somewhere. It pretty niftily sums up the very major problems with this "wholesome" family.

Ha! We get Vice President Biden at the SC Democratic Convention next weekend! I wanted to go to the Jefferson-Jackson dinner to hear him, but I will just go down on Saturday for the actual meeting. Do hope to make it to the Progressive Caucus breakfast though. Oh, and Stephen Colbert is going to be in Chucktown tomorrow for a fundraiser for his sister who is the Democratic candidate for Congress in the First district. Her opponent is the disgraced ex-governor who once hiked the Appalachian Trail down in Argentina.

You should go there and meet them! Totally ignore Michelle and Jimbob, and talk to the Jslaves and tell them how awesome they are at parenting their siblings and ask them for advice on how to look after your own children. That would totally piss Michelle off and would be awesome.

So you linked message board posts to make your point?

:lol:

I think Michael K from dlisted writes about the Duggars from time to time, you should have included a link there to prove how horrible the Duggars are. Might have bolstered your case.

:roll:

Also, who do you think conservative Republicans are going to ask to speak at a prayer breakfast? Stephen Hawking? Sure, you could have had Michele Bachmann or Sarah Palin, but those are just a different flavor of crazy. But maybe that would have been more palatable to you.

Maybe the problem isn't that conservative Christian reality tv whores Duggars are speaking at a GOP prayer breakfast, it's the fact that there is a GOP prayer breakfast, or that you thought there'd be a decent speaker there.

In general it seems like top-brass Republicans are trying to orchestrate a move to the center in order to regain power. I'd oppose the Duggars on that basis. It seems like they're the sort of people likely to alienate moderates and reinforce the stereotype of Republicans as "only for super-conservative Christians".

Hm on the Duggar family blog website's speaking schedule says they will be at the Virginia homeschool convention on June 6-8 but does not mention the prayer breakfast. Hmm

I'm forcing my boyfriend to go with me, even though we're both appalled that they're coming to NC

There will be video? Correct??? :D

When I lived in the Chicago area, I was horrified frequently by their presence. I've since moved to Boston and been home clear!

I feel your pain.

Joan of Snark, I was just linking to whatever I tho

So you linked message board posts to make your point?

I think Michael K from dlisted writes about the Duggars from time to time, you should have included a link there to prove how horrible the Duggars are. Might have bolstered your case.

:roll:

Also, who do you think conservative Republicans are going to ask to speak at a prayer breakfast? Stephen Hawking? Sure, you could have had Michele Bachmann or Sarah Palin, but those are just a different flavor of crazy. But maybe that would have been more palatable to you.

Maybe the problem isn't that conservative Christian reality tv whores Duggars are speaking at a GOP prayer breakfast, it's the fact that there is a GOP prayer breakfast, or that you thought there'd be a decent speaker there.

--

I just grabbed whatever I thought would work, and would be convincing. I couldn't get the D-listed site to open on my computer. I have no problem with a prayer breakfast, it's just I know from reading here on FJ that anything the Duggar's say will have absolutely no merit and will serve to pollute the wonderful people of my state.

FTR, I think the speaker should've been someone from our state, like an author or religious person. It's a /state/ convention and I see no point to inviting a family from Arkansas to a NC state convention.

Am very glad that their trip to the UK seems to have been a short stop on the way to the Holy Land...hoping they never get the urge to return...although frankly most people here would probably not be that interested or just think they are crazy (I hope!)

There will be video? Correct??? :D

You are a hero among us.

Also: who would REALLY love to see Colbert v. Duggar? They would never catch on to his satire, just like that fruitcake who thought he was "righteously antifeminist"

The "Hayes" you wrote to is more than likely Robin Hayes, one of the wealthiest people you've never heard of. He was in the House for years and is now the Chairman of the NC GOP. His money came from textile mills, which he sold out right before that work was outsourced to China. A friend of mine went to Duke University with his daughter and Hayes was his mentor.

He's pretty much a tea-bagger sort, so don't expect any response to your email. Thankfully, my friend grew up and got away from this fellow once he secured a job at a conservative law firm where Hayes did business.

"North Carolina Republican Party

We are excited to announce that Jim Bob Duggar and his wife Michelle, from the famed reality show Nineteen Kids and Counting, will be keynote speakers at the North Carolina Republican Party’s 2nd annual Faith and Freedom Coalition Prayer Breakfast at the 2013 NCGOP State Convention. Sign up at ncgopconvention.com & 'like' & 'share' !"

This just came up on my facebook feed, (yes, I am a conservative.) and I am just shaking with rage!!!!!!!! :wtf:

arrgh!

What can dairy queen and penis face have to give North Carolina except total fucking bullshit!

I wish someone would sterilize that whole damn family!

I need some kind of essay or email that I can send the group (NC GOP) to prevent this fuckery from happening. Will some one help me please? anyone?

Get some Duggar away spray

Get some Duggar away spray

In the absence of spray, a video of Richard Dawkins or Christopher Hitchens should do nicely.

As an Arkansan, I'm not sure how much sympathy I have here. ;) Really though, I can imagine that would be very frustrating since you're a conservative yourself. I'm sorry that the Duggars seem to be the best your party can get...

Ah I just moved from North Carolina in January, I would totally go check out this trainwreck if I was still there!

Archived